The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

The Official QMUL Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official Queen Mary University of London 2024 Entry Thread

38960772040_2a91290de6_o-1.jpg

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to QMUL for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding QMUL.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at QMUL do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why QMUL specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi, do all applicants get an acknowledgement email? I applied some time back and my friend has received one but I haven't. TIA!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Konfused
hi, do all applicants get an acknowledgement email? I applied some time back and my friend has received one but I haven't. TIA!

I can’t remember what I received when I had applied.

I received some emails, whether they were acknowledgement emails or not I have no idea.
Reply 3
Anyone applied for psychology?
Reply 4
Original post by User_F1
Anyone applied for psychology?

Yes! Just received an offer from them today. I do IB so my offer is 36 points, 666 at HL.
Reply 5
Original post by chlo1211
Yes! Just received an offer from them today. I do IB so my offer is 36 points, 666 at HL.

Yay, I got mine the other week. AAA A-Level
Reply 6
Original post by Talkative Toad

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding QMUL.

5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.

(Updated on 16 Nov 2023)
Hello guys feel free to ask me ^U^
1) A-levels: Maths A*, Psychology A, Economics A, EPQ A* (all of the grades are predictions)
2) I want to study Mathematics and Statistics with a Professional Placement because it relates to data science and it has a placement year so it gives me a chance to have a relative work experience.
3) A-level predictions: Maths A*, Psychology A, Economics A, EPQ A*
GCSEs/IGCSEs: 998A*7666 (in order: Maths IGCSE, Further Maths level 2, Japanese 2nd lan GCSE, Chinese first lan IGCSE, Psychology GCSE, Physics IGCSE, ESOL IGCSE and Geography IGCSE)
4) Why QMUL specifically: 1. it is in London 2. I watched a QMUL review on YouTube and it is good 3. Russell group 4. It is within QS's top 150
5) Admission tests: N/A
6) I might attend open days if I am free during my half-term holidays.
7) My feeling about starting university (just my personal thoughts) - I need to be familiar with and build good friendships with the people there if I finally go to that university or somewhere else, to spread my social group. I also need to try to attend a lot of activities and career opportunities if possible. I also need to have good grades of for example 2:1 or first.
8) Other unis interested in: Sheffield, Leeds, Bath and UCL
9) Other information: I am from China and have lived in the UK for 3 years :smile:
Reply 7
I received a conditional offer from QMUL for Mathematics and statistics with a professional placement on 14 November. I submitted my application on 8 November.
is anyone applying for international relations and management, if yes then what are your predicted grades?
Original post by KAMON YO
I received a conditional offer from QMUL for Mathematics and statistics with a professional placement on 14 November. I submitted my application on 8 November.

what are your predicted grades?
Reply 10
Original post by Konfused

Hello, I'm in the same situation, did you receive yours yet. I'm applying for CS.
Reply 11
Has anyone had offers/rejections for law yet?
Original post by eenie_49
i did my video interview mid november for flying start data analytics and they haven’t got back to me yet, should i call them or is this normal??

I’ve no idea in this context.

Do you mean got back to you in terms of whether you’ve received an offer/rejection?

@PQ @Scotland Yard
I’ve no idea in this context.

Do you mean got back to you in terms of whether you’ve received an offer/rejection?

@PQ @Scotland Yard

Thanks for the tag!

I know Queen Mary has a policy of trying to get back to applicants within 4 to 6 weeks from application receipt / receiving all necessary information, so this is ever so slightly past that time frame. Probably normal, considering the time of year, but I'd poke the admissions people by sending them a polite message asking when can you expect to hear back!
Original post by Scotland Yard
Thanks for the tag!

I know Queen Mary has a policy of trying to get back to applicants within 4 to 6 weeks from application receipt / receiving all necessary information, so this is ever so slightly past that time frame. Probably normal, considering the time of year, but I'd poke the admissions people by sending them a polite message asking when can you expect to hear back!

Thanks did the information

@eenie_49 BTW
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #1
is anyone applying for international relations and management, if yes then what are your predicted grades?

hey,
i've got an offer for Business Managment and Internationationl Relations and Business Managmnt and Politics with a Year Abroad - but mostly going with the first one. AAA are my predicted
Reply 16
Original post by 10bricra

I got accepted!!!
Original post by 10bricra

Yeahh got mine earlier this week for AAA, sent of ucas late dec like a week before they closed for Christmas
Hi has anyone else received an offer for Physics

Applied on the 5th of Jan with A*AA and just got an offer for accounting and finance! The MYSIS portal hasn't updated yet and the decision just turned up on UCAS but I'm so relieved as I'm thinking about firming QMUL. Got an offer from Exeter too now just waiting on KCL, City and RHUL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending