Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Chat Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Wow what a bunch of email nazis.

SLLF are nothing like that, they're all like "yehhhhhhhh just email us and we'll reply in 3 working days..." they use worse english than we do xD

:lolwut:

I think its because most of them are old and aren't with the times... :p: Then again some of the messages people have left on blackboard are that bad that I couldn't understand :nothing:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Nitzy
:lolwut:

I think its because most of them are old and aren't with the times... :p: Then again some of the messages people have left on blackboard are that bad that I couldn't understand :nothing:

ah, I guess the SLLF don't have that problem because we're more heavily involved with literature or something :p:
I wish women were not given suffrage, were never allowed to vote or be in politics

THEN I WOULDN'T BE STILL WRITING THE MOST BORING ESSAY IN THE WORLD ABOUT SUBSTANTIVE FEMALE REPRESENTATION

ROAR
Bubbles*de*Milo
I went to Stockholm last summer, where I ended up in a reggae cafe with an extremely black black guy, talking about his Swedish Jewish baby mama, smoking weed, Bob Marley and philosophy.

Was odd to say the least.

There's a fair few immigrants there I'll say that (in the capital anyway).

LOL, define EXTREMELY black!

Uberblack LOOOL
YannTouchable
LOL, define EXTREMELY black!

Uberblack LOOOL

Blick.:ninja:
Nitzy
I'm going to throw yellow powder at you only :teehee:

Sure, but I'll only take it as a wedding proposal:p:
Bubbles*de*Milo
I wish women were not given suffrage, were never allowed to vote or be in politics

THEN I WOULDN'T BE STILL WRITING THE MOST BORING ESSAY IN THE WORLD ABOUT SUBSTANTIVE FEMALE REPRESENTATION

ROAR

Innit though. Women have tiny brains and think through their wombs.
Bubbles*de*Milo
I went to Stockholm last summer, where I ended up in a reggae cafe with an extremely black black guy, talking about his Swedish Jewish baby mama, smoking weed, Bob Marley and philosophy.

Was odd to say the least.

There's a fair few immigrants there I'll say that (in the capital anyway).

My friend lives a few hours outside Stockholm by train, and even so he has a fair amount of immigrants around him there, but then a lot of them are there for studies so perhaps it's a bit different.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Innit though. Women have tiny brains and think through their wombs.

Get in the kitchen bitch. :mad:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Get in the kitchen bitch. :mad:

Excuse me? Why haven't you laid the table?
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Excuse me? Why haven't you laid the table?

LOOOL!!
fleur_de_haine
Blick.:ninja:

LOL I was thinking that too at the back of my mind
Reply 792
fleur_de_haine
Sure, but I'll only take it as a wedding proposal:p:

:eyebrow:

You really want to get married to me? :p:
It was nice and sunny todayyy :love: But the Union doesn't seem to play Day N Nite at ten to ten anymore :frown: That always made walking to lecture fun.
Reply 794
Snookercraze
Which essays have you been doing?

For Intro, I'm doing the Karl Marx one.
For IR, the Treaty of Versailles question.
And for America since 1900, I chose the one on Richard Nixon. Plus, the reading for Cuba.

Multiculturalism
Afghan/Vietnam
Clinton (the dude's a pimp)

As an aside I banned from borrowing books from the libary today for not returning a book I returned before Xmas. Fat chance they're going to get the £30 out of me they want, if needs be I'll just do all my essay writing in the library :yes:
Nitzy
:eyebrow:

You really want to get married to me? :p:

We're blates a power-couple waiting to happen!
YannTouchable
LOL I was thinking that too at the back of my mind

It's such a funny word, though I can't understand how it came about!
Nitzy
xxx

Project Skills in Life Sciences or Research Project?

Project Skills pros

Shorter dissertation
Sounds generally quite straightforward and easy
I'm quite good at writing articles, especially when it involves "de-complicating" things
Cameras

Project Skills cons

Will probably be as boring as ****, I hate scientific journals
Won't look impressive on the CV

Research Project pros

Could be very interesting
Would look damned good on the CV
I'm good at public speaking so the seminar would go very well

Research Project cons

Strong possibility that I will **** it up...practicals are not my forte
Lots of lab work required, either during the summer or third year
Will take many months to complete
10,000 word dissertation
All the third years I know are dying under the stress of it
Could end up with a **** project and a **** supervisor

Help me decide http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/puppyeyes.gif
Reply 798
Democracy
Project Skills in Life Sciences or Research Project?

Project Skills pros

Shorter dissertation
Sounds generally quite straightforward and easy
I'm quite good at writing articles, especially when it involves "de-complicating" things
Cameras :teeth:

Project Skills cons

Will probably be as boring as ****, I hate scientific journals
Won't look impressive on the CV

Yeah it seems easy, they give work every so often that seems simple enough. I remember my friend had to check someones work (like a peer review) to check for errors... She also did a poster on the water cycle. Its the dissertation that would be difficult in this project.

But the thing with the dissertation is that they have a list of titles and basically its first come first serve. So you could be stuck with a crap title/there could be crap choices...

I've used the camera actually :proud: but my friend took it off me because I started filming her :colondollar:

Research Project pros

Could be very interesting
Would look damned good on the CV
I'm good at public speaking so the seminar would go very well

Research Project cons

Strong possibility that I will **** it up...practicals are not my forte
Lots of lab work required, either during the summer or third year
Will take many months to complete
10,000 word dissertation
All the third years I know are dying under the stress of it
Could end up with a **** project and a **** supervisor

Help me decide :puppyeyes:

You have to spend about 20+ days in a lab, and its not going to be like labs you have now you'd be more independent. If you don't like the thought of that don't do it.

My friend gave her presentation last week, she said it went well, but what she was worrying about was what questions people (most likely lecturers) were going to ask... cause some ask some hard questions.

And you might want to add journals to the con list too! But tbh you're going to have to get used to using them. As third year modules tend to use them more as references rather than textbooks in lectures. I don't mind them so much now unless they're 35 pages long and on photosynthetic antenna in bloody purple bacteria :indiff:

If you're worried about ending up with a **** project or supervisor you can ask them more about it, I remember last year Bob Janes held a meeting about his project to anyone who was interested. So you can get more insight to what its about rather than just reading the title...

But if you want my opinion I think you'd be better off doing project skills. I just get the impression you really hate labs :p:

I hope I made some sense... :s-smilie:
Nitzy
Yeah it seems easy, they give work every so often that seems simple enough. I remember my friend had to check someones work (like a peer review) to check for errors... She also did a poster on the water cycle. Its the dissertation that would be difficult in this project.

But the thing with the dissertation is that they have a list of titles and basically its first come first serve. So you could be stuck with a crap title/there could be crap choices...

I've used the camera actually http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/proud.gif but my friend took it off me because I started filming her :colondollar:

You have to spend about 20+ days in a lab, and its not going to be like labs you have now you'd be more independent. If you don't like the thought of that don't do it.

My friend gave her presentation last week, she said it went well, but what she was worrying about was what questions people (most likely lecturers) were going to ask... cause some ask some hard questions.

And you might want to add journals to the con list too! But tbh you're going to have to get used to using them. As third year modules tend to use them more as references rather than textbooks in lectures. I don't mind them so much now unless they're 35 pages long and on photosynthetic antenna in bloody purple bacteria http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/indiff.gif

If you're worried about ending up with a **** project or supervisor you can ask them more about it, I remember last year Bob Janes held a meeting about his project to anyone who was interested. So you can get more insight to what its about rather than just reading the title...

But if you want my opinion I think you'd be better off doing project skills. I just get the impression you really hate labs http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif

I hope I made some sense... :s-smilie:

Thank you so much for this http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/love.gif I will rep you asap http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/yep.gif

I really do hate labs...I dunno, I just figured maybe I could muddle through, though tbh I don't see that happening http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif It's mainly the fact that it looks impressive on the CV that attracts me to it.

So does project skills have NO lab whatsoever? And what would the project skills dissertation be about, if not on a lab? And when do you find out the titles?

Journals http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/yucky.gif I hate third year already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending