The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Chat Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Nitzy
Ah I see, well I'm afraid it gets worse... :sadnod: But it can be prevented by revising well in advance and understanding most of the concepts in each topic and you'd be fine, oh, and mastering the art of question spotting :p:

Question spotting...I'm hopeless at that. Although I did well with Animal Physio this year, but that is only because he gave us titles to choose from. Any tips on how to question spot?

I had Drug Action today - it was pretty decent. I despise Techniques but this years paper was good, they always have an essay on Crystallography. I flopped Bioinformatics and Membrane Biochem though - stupid errors.

I have Gen Micro left its on Wednesday - I've heard it is the hardest...apparently he screwed you guys over last year? :s-smilie: Naughty Bignell. :mmm:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 1181
Question spotting...I'm hopeless at that. Although I did well with Animal Physio this year, but that is only because he gave us titles to choose from. Any tips on how to question spot?

I had Drug Action today - it was pretty decent. I despise Techniques but this years paper was good, they always have an essay on Crystallography. I flopped Bioinformatics and Membrane Biochem though - stupid errors.

I have Gen Micro left its on Wednesday - I've heard it is the hardest...apparently he screwed you guys over last year? :s-smilie: Naughty Bignell. :mmm:

Question spotting you just look at past papers and see the trends and a little bit of guess work (but sometimes some lecturers can be evil... *cough* Bob Janes! :shifty:), but 90% of the time I revised the right questions this year :king1:

I hated bioinformatics I never understood anything in section B :nothing: Membrane biochemistry was awesome, and you need to know it somewhat well to understand membrane proteins in your third year! Same with techniques, which helps with molecular basis of disease to some degree.

Oh, I never did general microbiology, it wasn't compulsory for us then, and I sure wasn't going to choose to do that! Metabolic pathways was compulsory for us instead, and I did animal physiology, fundamentals of neurobiology and basic immunology as my options, which were okay, neurobiology was very easy to question spot :teehee:

Also protein structure, folding and assemblies is the worse module ever in the third year for me! Hopefully they'd be more organized next year...
Reply 1182
Thanks very much I'm sure I'll be bothering you over the next few months again. :mmm:
Reply 1183
Awww he remembered...

Dear students

I promised during Heredity & Gene Action to give a lecture when you had completed your degree. The title is in the subject line of this e-mail and I look forward to saying goodbye to you all when it's finished.

The lecture will be held in FB cmlt (Francis Bancroft Building), at
1.30pm on Friday 11th June.

Hoping you a very successfull examination period.

Best wishes

Brendan

But no way am I sitting through another lecture again :nah:
Nitzy
Awww he remembered...

GO! I mean, it's a free lecture.:P FREE.

We both know that that's our favorite price!
Nitzy
Awww he remembered...

Go. There might be cake. My department had a picnic for us all. There was free beer, wine, soft drinks. They bought food for us too and one lecturer even made brownies.
La la laaaaa, one exam left.

La la laaaa
Reply 1187
Mr. Mortell
Go. There might be cake. My department had a picnic for us all. There was free beer, wine, soft drinks. They bought food for us too and one lecturer even made brownies.

Maybe, but the thing is my department is having a "social" on the 16th, a couple of days before our results come out, but it just seems like a ploy to make us come to see if we have to have an interview with an external examiner the next day :nothing:

fleur_de_haine
GO! I mean, it's a free lecture.:P FREE.

We both know that that's our favorite price!

But its on Darwin's understandable oversight... I did that module stated in the email in the first year :p:

Oh lookie here; someone from Newham gets killed... again :sigh: I should move...
Nitzy
Maybe, but the thing is my department is having a "social" on the 16th, a couple of days before our results come out, but it just seems like a ploy to make us come to see if we have to have an interview with an external examiner the next day :nothing:

But its on Darwin's understandable oversight... I did that module stated in the email in the first year :p:

Oh lookie here; someone from Newham gets killed... again :sigh: I should move...

Ahem, did you not hear the word *FREE*?!?!

I heard about that earlier, apparently my friend wasn't allowed to leave his hosue or some such nonsense.
Nitzy

A guy who lives less then 10 seconds from my house was murdered last Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8700963.stm

He was really nice as well, known him for years. :s-smilie:

His mum is lovely, really friendly. Horrible.
Reply 1190
Bubbles*de*Milo
La la laaaaa, one exam left.

La la laaaa

Me too. :h:
Reply 1191
fleur_de_haine
Ahem, did you not hear the word *FREE*?!?!

I heard about that earlier, apparently my friend wasn't allowed to leave his hosue or some such nonsense.

Yeah, but it's still a lecture. Plus I'm still a paying student until the 23rd of July, so its not really free :p:

That probably was because the road that guy got shot on is pretty long, so they'd probably do forensics on the surrounding area incase they find anything nearby...

I feel bad that I've done no revision for my next exam, even though you can't revise for it... :rolleyes: Good thing is no more sleepless nights (unless a cat decides to screech at 4am then bang its head on a dustbin... :lol:)
Bubbles*de*Milo

Was walking down Edgware Road today...it reminded me of you :colondollar:
Reply 1193
Last exam tomorrow... :h:
I ******* hate my life.

Low elasticity of primary goods and sliding scales of economy can go **** themselves into an early grave.
Democracy
Was walking down Edgware Road today...it reminded me of you :colondollar:

It should remind you of Bassem really.

What were you doing in ma endz? Well, not really my ends, but whatevah.
Bubbles*de*Milo
It should remind you of Bassem really.

What were you doing in ma endz? Well, not really my ends, but whatevah.

I was practising reading the Arabic shop signs.

I managed to get the one saying Mostafa Arabic Food Ingredients...but only because the words are exactly the same in Farsi :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

Spoiler

Democracy
I was practising reading the Arabic shop signs.

I managed to get the one saying Mostafa Arabic Food Ingredients...but only because the words are exactly the same in Farsi :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

Spoiler

Lool, that's still better than me tbh. I can't read anything. That said, I can't speak much either. :rolleyes:

The Israeli embassy is in South Ken too, it's right next door. I think there's an irony in there somewhere.

On a slightly related note, I have a strong suspicion that one of the Brits on the flotilla being held in jail is my dad's cousin's son (or actually just my dad's cousin). :yes:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Lool, that's still better than me tbh. I can't read anything. That said, I can't speak much either. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

The Israeli embassy is in South Ken too, it's right next door. I think there's an irony in there somewhere.

Oh yes, or "occupied Palestine" as the IRR calls it...

They're ultra vigilant in South Ken these days, especially since this happened a few weeks ago...the police presence today...my god

On a slightly related note, I have a strong suspicion that one of the Brits on the flotilla being held in jail is my dad's cousin's son (or actually just my dad's cousin). http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/yes.gif

Bummer :frown:

I guess you're pretty pissed off right?
Democracy
Oh yes, or "occupied Palestine" as the IRR calls it...

They're ultra vigilant in South Ken these days, especially since this happened a few weeks ago...the police presence today...my god

Bummer :frown:

I guess you're pretty pissed off right?

Och, how did they get away with that?!

On an even more unrelated note, you may like this, was on Friday
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p007rd9n/The_Friday_Documentary_28_05_2010/

I very tenuously know the narrator/director from the SOAS bar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending