The Student Room Group

GCSE Business Studies?

Hey :smile:

Could anyone give me a full list of the equations I need to know for my AQA GCSE Business Studies exam on Thursday? Things like the Acid Test Ratio, and current ratios and stuff

Reply 1
Off topic really but.. you need to know acid test etc? . didnt need that til AS.. wow my GCSE must of been super easy xD
Tommyjw
Off topic really but.. you need to know acid test etc? . didnt need that til AS.. wow my GCSE must of been super easy xD

Haha lucky you :smile:
Well, i believe i can help :smile: Exam on Thursday :P

Anyway :smile:

Turnover = Selling Price per unit X number of products sold
Gross Profit = Turnover - Variable Costs (aka Cost of Sales)
Net Profit = Turnover - Total Costs
Net Profit Margin = Net Profit ÷ Turnover (then times by 100 for a percentage %)
ROCE (return on capital employed) = net profit ÷ money invested

Thats all i can remember at the moment :biggrin: if i find any more, i will let you know :smile:
Reply 4
Business isnt on Thursday its on june 7th what board are you with?
AQA :smile:

Mine is on 20th May, which is this thursday :smile:
Reply 6
wrighty1994
AQA :smile:

Mine is on 20th May, which is this thursday :smile:

Don't forget the break-even point equation:

Units to sell to reach break even = Fixed Costs/(Unit Selling Price - Variable Costs)

Are you doing paper 2 or did you do the coursework for AQA? Good luck!
Coursework :0
Reply 8
when I read the first sentence of this I was confused because I couldn't remember learning any equations for business studies but then when you gave examples I remembered doing them... oh dear, I really don't deserve that gcse >.<
Reply 9
Apart from learning the equations i find business studies quite an easy subject and i also enjoy it, aiming for an A/A* at GCSE
SM94
Apart from learning the equations i find business studies quite an easy subject and i also enjoy it, aiming for an A/A* at GCSE

Same :smile: i have A* in my mocks, and an A in my coursework :P
Reply 11
wrighty1994
Same :smile: i have A* in my mocks, and an A in my coursework :P

Nice one, we didn't do the coursework so we have 3 exams, paper 2 i have to write a report, done some practices and im hovering around 48-50/59 which is an A so hopefully if i do really well in paper 1 and 3 i can get an A* but i will be happy with an A.

I also got an A* in my mocks :smile:
Reply 12
I have the exam on thursday as well, paper 1?

I've never quite understood the difference between paper 1 and 3 anyway. the topic i find hardest is finance. the rest is ok

i got an A* for my coursework and borderline A/A* for my mocks, I'm really really hoping to get a strong A* overall though, just freaking out abit about the finance section :tongue:
wrighty1994
Well, i believe i can help :smile: Exam on Thursday :P

Anyway :smile:

Turnover = Selling Price per unit X number of products sold
Gross Profit = Turnover - Variable Costs (aka Cost of Sales)
Net Profit = Turnover - Total Costs
Net Profit Margin = Net Profit ÷ Turnover (then times by 100 for a percentage %)
ROCE (return on capital employed) = net profit ÷ money invested

Thats all i can remember at the moment :biggrin: if i find any more, i will let you know :smile:

You're a God :smile: - Thanks

Good luck with the exam on Thursday :smile:
For my coursework I got 62/63 - A*
59/63 :smile: A, but my exam is beasty :0 got 85/90 on my mock :smile:
Reply 16
I'm sitting my business gcse exam tomorow too (:

By the way, I've been told that you do not have to know the acid test ratio, if you're asked to comment on liquidity then it's sufficient to just use current ratio, and extra marks can be awarded for commenting on how this is slightly inaccurate compared to, say, the acid test ratio :smile:

Also, because of the amount it's mentioned in the case study, questions on sustainibility and ethical business are likely to come up.
Reply 17
can someone give me all the formuales for edexcel board? thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending