The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Paper 3 (7132/3) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 3 exam go today?

AQA A Level Business Paper 3 | 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 14th June 2023/ AM
Length: 2h

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Predictions??
Reply 2
Probably motivation theory as that hasn't come up much yet, could equally be something to do with growth or critical path. The timing is definitely the worst for this one. It's 100 marks in 120 mins, the format is 12,12,16,16,20,24 so timing wise you can't have much longer than a minute per mark. Maybe I should do it in reverse order but am not a massive fan either way.
Reply 3
Original post by Bwoody321
Probably motivation theory as that hasn't come up much yet, could equally be something to do with growth or critical path. The timing is definitely the worst for this one. It's 100 marks in 120 mins, the format is 12,12,16,16,20,24 so timing wise you can't have much longer than a minute per mark. Maybe I should do it in reverse order but am not a massive fan either way.

Agreed, it is tough timing-wise.

In terms of predictions, it is very hard to predict this one because of the fact it depends on a case study.
Possibly globalisation, competition and labour market legislation, operational efficiency, Multinationals, Problems of changing org structure?? None of those has been tested before and lead to good topics to base a case study around...
Reply 4
Original post by tmcm
Agreed, it is tough timing-wise.

In terms of predictions, it is very hard to predict this one because of the fact it depends on a case study.
Possibly globalisation, competition and labour market legislation, operational efficiency, Multinationals, Problems of changing org structure?? None of those has been tested before and lead to good topics to base a case study around...

I would say that internationalisation could come up
Reply 5
Original post by AC28
I would say that internationalisation could come up

Yep possibly, CPA and decision trees are looking hot too.
Reply 6
Original post by tmcm
Yep possibly, CPA and decision trees are looking hot too.

Exactly my thoughts, would have expected them to come up as a calculation question in Paper 2 but it wasn't to be! Internationalisation would be cheeky icl
Reply 7
Please not cpa
Reply 8
Last year they asked about strategic planning so maybe along that lines again
Reply 9
Original post by JShirtcliff
Exactly my thoughts, would have expected them to come up as a calculation question in Paper 2 but it wasn't to be! Internationalisation would be cheeky icl

Original post by Sairlon
Please not cpa

Yep, a nice 12 market on internationalisation would make me very happy. Remember anything could come up so be prepared for the worst:colone:
Reply 10
From my teachers observations, they’ve seen trends in the papers
The odd number papers (2017,2019,2021) as very similar , I think the same should apply for paper 3 but that depends on the case study
They also said that paper 3 tends to be more year 1 content heavy , so I’d probably base my revision around that more
Reply 11
Original post by CyneeSugar
From my teachers observations, they’ve seen trends in the papers
The odd number papers (2017,2019,2021) as very similar , I think the same should apply for paper 3 but that depends on the case study
They also said that paper 3 tends to be more year 1 content heavy , so I’d probably base my revision around that more

What are the trends in odd year papers noticed?
Reply 12
Original post by Stellaluvnn
Predictions??

I'm thinking corporate governance and the divorce between ownership and control could come up, it hasn't come up before and could be done as a 12 marker.
Reply 13
Original post by tmcm
What are the trends in odd year papers noticed?

Not really sure about paper 3, but I think it’s more operations, investment appraisal , a bit of HR. You tend to see more year 1 content come up opposed to year 2 such as models and theories

in paper 1 &2 , there’s more clear trends such as porters or ansoffs, there’s always a ‘should they do this investment’ type questions - that’s what I remember off the top of my head that my teachers said, will have to check my work to see if there’s any others
I will say to compare to 2019 &2021 (2017 if you have it ) for any topics that seem to repeat in those years
What’s CPA, critical path analysis?
Reply 15
Original post by help.me.pls

Yes that is correct
Original post by help.me.pls

search it up duhhhh
Original post by axxh_h9
I'm thinking corporate governance and the divorce between ownership and control could come up, it hasn't come up before and could be done as a 12 marker.

what actually is corporate governance? is it bureaucracy and being focused on shareholder needs rather than stakeholder?
Reply 18
I do feel like network analysis / critical path analysis will come up 💀💀 but I hope not
What would a 12/16/20/24 marker on CPA or decision trees look like though? Obviously will relate to info given in the case

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending