The Student Room Group

How to Structure 20 marker Business Edexcel A- level

Hello, I am unsure of how to structure my answer to achieve a full 20 marks. Can someone please help?
Hello 👋

I've created a TikTok and Instagram profile to help Edexcel A-Level Business students by sharing content about exam techniques. I have a video coming out there soon on 20 markers!

Feel free to follow at @academicplusofficial :smile:

To give a short summary:

Paragraph 1:
Argument for Option 1
Create a chain of analysis for this argument and make sure to use lots of information from the case study
Counter your argument (like "depends on" or "disadvantages"). Make sure you cover your counterargument in enough detail (create a chain of analysis and use the case study)

Paragraph 2:
Argument for Option 2
Create a chain of analysis for this argument and make sure to use lots of information from the case study
Counter your argument (like "depends on" or "disadvantages"). Make sure you cover your counterargument in enough detail (create a chain of analysis and use the case study)

Judgement (this should be around a 1/3 of your answer):
Answer the question.
Justify your answer by explaining why you've chosen that option and why you've rejected the alternative option
Remember to use MOPS (Market, Objectives, Product, Situation).
What does your answer depend on (and explain why it depends on this)

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much!! I have deleted social media sadly
Your evaluation isn't really a 'disadvantage' but more of the 'depends on' part, what limits your point from happening. Basically, there could be internal/external influences that affect your point from happening, or securing 100% of the proposed point. If you mention a disadvantage to the question as a counter-argument, it would be classed as another point if it doesnt relate to the original point.
Reply 4
Original post by Carrotsroom
Your evaluation isn't really a 'disadvantage' but more of the 'depends on' part, what limits your point from happening. Basically, there could be internal/external influences that affect your point from happening, or securing 100% of the proposed point. If you mention a disadvantage to the question as a counter-argument, it would be classed as another point if it doesnt relate to the original point.

Ok so I always have to refer back to what the question is asking. Thank you.
Original post by meliodas89
Ok so I always have to refer back to what the question is asking. Thank you.

Yes,its kinda like a chain, your point has to absolutely link to the question, and your argument and evaluation has to link back to both the question and the point you made. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending