Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Agent Dinky
hmmm I'm not too bothered about that,just other things like PC etc

Heyhey everyone,I rang up Saxon quite a few times and this young woman was telling me that I had to pay the extra 20quid for the laptop and the 3quid for the policy fee because the basic cover includes computers...but it's only PCs apparently..not laptops...I called up this morning and it was some bloke this time..he said the laptops are in fact included in the basic cover within our rooms? So what's going on?? Im thinking of getting the additional cover..just incase...what's everyone else thinking of doing??
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Nooby
Heyhey everyone,I rang up Saxon quite a few times and this young woman was telling me that I had to pay the extra 20quid for the laptop and the 3quid for the policy fee because the basic cover includes computers...but it's only PCs apparently..not laptops...I called up this morning and it was some bloke this time..he said the laptops are in fact included in the basic cover within our rooms? So what's going on?? Im thinking of getting the additional cover..just incase...what's everyone else thinking of doing??

gettin xtra cover 2mra. better to be safe than sorry.

TBH i don't trust these call centre people.
It could just be covered when in your room and not throughout the whole of the UK.

Make sure this is so or it you lose/gets stolen outside your room you'll have to pay for a new one.

Another tip don't over cover your item. Insurance companies are only willing to pay out the market value of the laptop.
Reply 22
jOnNy BoRrEll
gettin xtra cover 2mra. better to be safe than sorry.

TBH i don't trust these call centre people.
It could just be covered when in your room and not throughout the whole of the UK.

Make sure this is so or it you lose/gets stolen outside your room you'll have to pay for a new one.

Another tip don't over cover your item. Insurance companies are only willing to pay out the market value of the laptop.

Yeah,I agree..better to be safe than sorry! Also..what time are freshers meant to arrive on the 18th? Is it from 10am-7pm or 12pm-7pm?? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused...Il get the extra cover 2rw!
Nooby
Yeah,I agree..better to be safe than sorry! Also..what time are freshers meant to arrive on the 18th? Is it from 10am-7pm or 12pm-7pm?? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused...Il get the extra cover 2rw!

10am-7pm to move in.
After 7pm the accomodation office closes.
Reply 24
jOnNy BoRrEll
10am-7pm to move in.
After 7pm the accomodation office closes.

Have you called Saxon up?
not yet.
Will do this afternoon, will let you know what they say.
Reply 26
I thought it was 12pm-7pm??

That's what my accomadation letter says. Perhaps its different for me. I'm collecting my key from faraday hall, what about you?
JJassonn
I thought it was 12pm-7pm??

That's what my accomadation letter says. Perhaps its different for me. I'm collecting my key from faraday hall, what about you?

I'm getting my keys from Mill Hall and my letter says 12-7pm too..
Reply 28
Agent Dinky
I'm getting my keys from Mill Hall and my letter says 12-7pm too..

I think we gota call up Brunel once again and ask them what time we have to move in...iv got 10am-7pm in the emails they sent me but 12pm-7pm in another email...what to dooo?? Im getting my keys from Mill Hall too.
Nooby
I think we gota call up Brunel once again and ask them what time we have to move in...iv got 10am-7pm in the emails they sent me but 12pm-7pm in another email...what to dooo?? Im getting my keys from Mill Hall too.

cool :smile: well lets just go with 11am then,seems the best option because I cba to ring up again,being so close to the start you have to be kept on hold for ages and it's well annoying
Reply 30
Agent Dinky
cool :smile: well lets just go with 11am then,seems the best option because I cba to ring up again,being so close to the start you have to be kept on hold for ages and it's well annoying

Haha..yeh i know what u mean..one time i kept on calling but it was friggin ingaged..when i finally got thru it kept on ringing then they put the phone down on me..i thought huh? Im kinda thinking Brunel aren't really organised enough..there's so many extra details they've left out..just leaves us freshers to guess haha.
Reply 31
go crazy.

i am leaving my house at 12, so will probably be there for 1.

i am scared, but excited.
Reply 32
BeckyK
go crazy.

i am leaving my house at 12, so will probably be there for 1.

i am scared, but excited.

yeh likewise, It'll be a good experience..hopefully..i read on the student website that on the sunday,the freshers welcome disco starts at6pm...thats early haha..
that is very early-maybe all the students are alcoholics :-p
Got back late from last minute shopping last night. Did anyone manage to add to their insurance with saxon?
Reply 35
jOnNy BoRrEll
Got back late from last minute shopping last night. Did anyone manage to add to their insurance with saxon?

Heyhey,
yeah,called them up yesterday,the bloke said we only get the extra cover if we know we'll carry our laptops around,on the trains..basically the extra cover covers us throughout the whole of uk init. I didn't get it cos my laptop's just gna be in my room or in the uni library and the basic cover covers that so whooo! It's so soonn.....my whole family are coming with me to unpack and clean up haha..so if u see a lot of people in one room..it'll be me..Mill Hall..
Nooby
Heyhey,
yeah,called them up yesterday,the bloke said we only get the extra cover if we know we'll carry our laptops around,on the trains..basically the extra cover covers us throughout the whole of uk init. I didn't get it cos my laptop's just gna be in my room or in the uni library and the basic cover covers that so whooo! It's so soonn.....my whole family are coming with me to unpack and clean up haha..so if u see a lot of people in one room..it'll be me..Mill Hall..

My family are coming to help too lol !!

Did you have to pay the £3 policy fee or has the insurance automatically started?

I might sign up with endsleigh for the first 2 weeks and if saxon can offer me anything better i'll switch over.
Endsleigh seem to be more professional as i cannot get hold of saxon because they are closed on the weekends whilst endsleigh aren't.
Reply 37
jOnNy BoRrEll
My family are coming to help too lol !!

Did you have to pay the £3 policy fee or has the insurance automatically started?

I might sign up with endsleigh for the first 2 weeks and if saxon can offer me anything better i'll switch over.
Endsleigh seem to be more professional as i cannot get hold of saxon because they are closed on the weekends whilst endsleigh aren't.

Haha..that's good good,my family are more nervous about moving my stuff in than me! But yeah,alota my mates are with endsleigh..Brunel's already sorted the insurance for us but it seems a bit dodgy really..i didnt have to pay for the policy fee cos i didnt get the extra cover. Let's just hope nothing will go wrong...are u excited hehe??
Nooby
Haha..that's good good,my family are more nervous about moving my stuff in than me! But yeah,alota my mates are with endsleigh..Brunel's already sorted the insurance for us but it seems a bit dodgy really..i didnt have to pay for the policy fee cos i didnt get the extra cover. Let's just hope nothing will go wrong...are u excited hehe??

Yea totally. PM me your msn messenger email.
Reply 39
jOnNy BoRrEll
Yea totally. PM me your msn messenger email.

[email protected]

Latest

Trending

Trending