The Student Room Group

Am I being stuck up?

We are visiting our friends in Cornwall and they’re having a Halloween party. It’s a 5 hour drive and I work in the office on Mondays. They’ve very kindly offered for us to stay at theirs ( on their futon). We haven’t accepted / rejected their offer but I will most likely book a hotel for my boyfriend & I to stay from the hotel - the Sunday. Not because I don’t want to be with my friends but I just want a comfortable bed especially if I’m going to be hungover / going to sleep late. Also breakfast is included in the hotel price so why not? I’d be paying for it anyway ( for my boyfriend & I) but he thinks we should save money and stay with our friends . Of course it would save money but at the same token we both have demanding jobs and with the drive I just want to sleep in a proper bed! So my boyfriend thinks I’m being snooty’
Reply 1
Why sleep on a futon when you can afford a really nice bed that comes with a breakfast to boot? What really matters is that you are part of the jollification, not where you sleep after it.

You work a demanding job so that you can afford little luxuries or perks like this from time to time. Don't let anyone bed-shame you, gyal!!! If he does not want to stay at the hotel with you, just tell me where it is. I will be there in a jiffy like you said Beetlejuice in the mirror 3 times.
It's not aloof to prefer to sleep on an actual bed.
Reply 3
you will drive safer after a proper night's sleep
Original post by the bear
you will drive safer after a proper night's sleep

Yeah I’d point this out to your bf. If you’re hungover and tired it’s not a good idea to be driving.
For a few extra quid I’d much rather feel refreshed-ish the next day and get home safely
Reply 5
It personal preference, you prefer a bit of comfort and luxury, he prefers to rough it a bit and save a few pounds. I don’t think there’s a right and wrong, in a relationship sometimes one person compromise for their partner, sometimes the other person compromises. I’m with you, mind, futons are monumentally uncomfortable
Reply 6
I suspect your friends will prefer it if you stayed in a hotel, tbh. They might not mind you staying over but it's still nicer not having other people in your home.
Original post by Anonymous
We are visiting our friends in Cornwall and they’re having a Halloween party. It’s a 5 hour drive and I work in the office on Mondays. They’ve very kindly offered for us to stay at theirs ( on their futon). We haven’t accepted / rejected their offer but I will most likely book a hotel for my boyfriend & I to stay from the hotel - the Sunday. Not because I don’t want to be with my friends but I just want a comfortable bed especially if I’m going to be hungover / going to sleep late. Also breakfast is included in the hotel price so why not? I’d be paying for it anyway ( for my boyfriend & I) but he thinks we should save money and stay with our friends . Of course it would save money but at the same token we both have demanding jobs and with the drive I just want to sleep in a proper bed! So my boyfriend thinks I’m being snooty’

I understand why he might not want to but i do think its a good idea. idk the boundaries you have with your friends but if i held a party, i wouldnt want people to be sleeping over(unless it was suppoed to be a sleepover in the first place)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending