The Student Room Group

Barclays Developer Analyst Summer Internship - Knutsford (2023)

Any others had their offers for this scheme? Trying to find out who else will be going in the summer.
Original post by sj295
Any others had their offers for this scheme? Trying to find out who else will be going in the summer.

Hey there! I am but for the summer technology analyst role. Are you done with the pre-employment checks? I’m still waiting for the email from HireRight
Reply 2
Original post by Pirsquare
Hey there! I am but for the summer technology analyst role. Are you done with the pre-employment checks? I’m still waiting for the email from HireRight

Yep I finished mine a couple weeks ago and got confirmation last week. Have you decided where you'll be staying yet?
Original post by sj295
Yep I finished mine a couple weeks ago and got confirmation last week. Have you decided where you'll be staying yet?

Cool! I'm looking for accommodation as I would be relocating from London, wbu? Do you know which team/area would you work in?
Reply 4
Cool! I'm looking for accommodation as I would be relocating from London, wbu? Do you know which team/area would you work in?

I've bitten the bullet and gone for accommodation in Manchester and will be making the commute via train, since there is a shuttle from Knutsford station to the site. I'm hoping that there will be some hybrid working so I don't have to do it every day of the week. I've still not been passed over to anyone who has been able to give me any details regarding team/area, have you?
Original post by sj295

Hi, I got my offer a while back and I was planning in flying over from Northern Ireland every sunday and staying till tuesday but idk if i will be able to do that, any recommendation where to get accommodation for 8 weeks in manchester area?
Reply 6
Original post by Eunan2002
Hi, I got my offer a while back and I was planning in flying over from Northern Ireland every sunday and staying till tuesday but idk if i will be able to do that, any recommendation where to get accommodation for 8 weeks in manchester area?

Unite Students rent their student accommodation for short terms over the summer, you can see if they have any left :smile:
Original post by sj295
I've bitten the bullet and gone for accommodation in Manchester and will be making the commute via train, since there is a shuttle from Knutsford station to the site. I'm hoping that there will be some hybrid working so I don't have to do it every day of the week. I've still not been passed over to anyone who has been able to give me any details regarding team/area, have you?

No, still waiting to get team the assignment. Have you booked a summer student accommodation? Any clue which area in Manchester would be good for commuting to Knutsford?
Original post by sj295
Unite Students rent their student accommodation for short terms over the summer, you can see if they have any left :smile:

Did you get one from 19th June? All on their website say available from 16th july
Reply 9
Original post by Eunan2002
Did you get one from 19th June? All on their website say available from 16th july

If you phone up they can potentially offer you rooms from mid June by letting you pick up someones contract who left early. So I have a contract from 18th June - 8th July, then a separate contract from 8th July - 12th August.
Reply 10
No, still waiting to get team the assignment. Have you booked a summer student accommodation? Any clue which area in Manchester would be good for commuting to Knutsford?

Yeah mines a summer student accommodation. I'm just in central Manchester, about a 5 min walk from from Oxford Road station where you can get a train to Knutsford.
Reply 11
Hey I am doing summer internship at the Knutsford office too.
I am currently trying to sort out where to stay this year and wondered if you have any recommendations / advice now you have finished your internship?

Quick Reply

Latest