The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

JonCha
Damn, so close to Captain now that I'm determined to get it tomorrow. The rank-up rate is SO much faster at that point.

its ridiculous isnt it.. warrant 3 to captain = 66k, captain -> captain 3 = 69k... then the next load of levels are still never as high as 66k lol
Ape Gone Insane
Any word on the highest rank yet? :holmes:

EDIT: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Rank_%28Halo:_Reach_Game_Rank%29

highest rank will be general surely?

also on another thing, ive completed every missiion on heroic (it shows on mission select) yet on my career thing it says highest difficulty completion is normal? :s-smilie:

ive completed like half on solo half on coop heroic.. does it have to be all of the same? :X
(edited 13 years ago)
Ape Gone Insane
I mean the look and design of it. :teeth:

oh rgiht i dunno then :P the link you used is the one i keep usin to check lol
Reply 423
WhySoLimey
highest rank will be general surely?

also on another thing, ive completed every missiion on heroic (it shows on mission select) yet on my career thing it says highest difficulty completion is normal? :s-smilie:

ive completed like half on solo half on coop heroic.. does it have to be all of the same? :X

It can be mixed to obtain the achievements but has to be all from the same mode to show up on your profiles.
Jehuty^
It can be mixed to obtain the achievements but has to be all from the same mode to show up on your profiles.

oh i see :tongue: thought it might be something like that ty
Reply 425
WhySoLimey
its ridiculous isnt it.. warrant 3 to captain = 66k, captain -> captain 3 = 69k... then the next load of levels are still never as high as 66k lol

Yep. I'm going to rank up very quickly once I hit Captain.

Also saw someone at Lt. Colonel already on Bungie.net. WTF.
Reply 426
Ape Gone Insane
I mean the look and design of it. :teeth:

Actually I think the highest rank is something called inheritor. Dont quote me though, but im sure I read it somewhere.
Reply 427
Depends which game types you get. If you get lucky and get SWATs its 1k+ per match but like invasion is only 500, maybe 700 for a match that lasts longer
Witchita
Depends which game types you get. If you get lucky and get SWATs its 1k+ per match but like invasion is only 500, maybe 700 for a match that lasts longer

i wish peopple would stop picking SWAT hemorrhage its boring, takes ages and invollves more luck >.>
Reply 429
WhySoLimey
i wish peopple would stop picking SWAT hemorrhage its boring, takes ages and invollves more luck >.>

I love SWAT but it never gets picked. People only ever vote for slayer, slayer classica nd elite slayer. What happened to like team rockets and all that crazy ****!
Reply 430
Witchita
I love SWAT but it never gets picked. People only ever vote for slayer, slayer classica nd elite slayer. What happened to like team rockets and all that crazy ****!

Bungie will be adding more playlists and MM gametypes in the near future I think.
Reply 431
Jehuty^
Bungie will be adding more playlists and MM gametypes in the near future I think.

No doubt which you'll need to download their map pack for :rolleyes:
Witchita

really? for me every time swats been on it got picked lol (apart from once)
Ape Gone Insane
Can't choose. :nooo:

Record gameplays in HD

Spoiler

vs ...

Spoiler

HD PVR is like £180?

You looking to go in to Machinima? :awesome:

Student Finance tomorrow....Halo Reach tomorrow. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Hey guys I thought you get a good set of credits if you start doing the campaign on legendary? I did the first two missions and at the end I got 0 credits =\
Reply 435
Ape Gone Insane
My friend said he got them when he finished the campaign on legendary. Something like 2000 or 5000 (can't remember the figure he mentioned).

Might have been the last weekly challenge.
Reply 436
Tried score attack today and it is true, you get 1500+ credits per game in gruntpocalypse.

Also, the game will have been out for over a week tommorrow so people should start getting arena ratings if they have played at least 3 games per day.

I think I will get onyx in doubles but I have no idea about team, the system is so bad and the gametypes so poorly made I could get anywhere between silver and onyx lol.
Reply 437
Is 1563 not a good Arena rating? I'm ashamed with my division, and know for a fact I am MUCH BETTER than what this game is telling me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 438
JonCha
Is 1563 not a good Arena rating? I'm ashamed with my division, and know for a fact I am MUCH BETTER than what this game is telling me.

Your arena rating DOES NOT matter. It is there purely for personal satisfaction. Halo reach uses trueskill like halo 3, but it is done on an individual basis ie a great score against bad kids is not as good as a decent score against really good players.

Also, this system sucks because Halo, even slayer, is a team game and stats dont say everything.

What im saying is if you have a good rating then good for you, if you dont then it doesnt mean you're bad.
Reply 439
obbsidian
Your arena rating DOES NOT matter. It is there purely for personal satisfaction. Halo reach uses trueskill like halo 3, but it is done on an individual basis ie a great score against bad kids is not as good as a decent score against really good players.

Also, this system sucks because Halo, even slayer, is a team game and stats dont say everything.

What im saying is if you have a good rating then good for you, if you dont then it doesnt mean you're bad.

So what's the point of ratings, then? I thought Bungie designed the Arena so it worked with the ratings.

Oh well. I still prefer the Arena any day than Halo 3's shoddy rating system.

Quick Reply

Latest