The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
There's one I know of, think its called Rock Haven? It's usually full of old biker men, but they do a good open mic night, with actual drummers etc.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh cool, thanks :smile:
there's a rock bar 30 seconds from danesgate which has old biker men in and its pretty small
then you have cubes which is sort of rock which is another 30 second walk further
and then i have no idea if there are anymore :smile:
rock haven
sugarcubes (club)
jolly brewer
Reply 5
Sugarcubes is the best nightclub in Lincoln and just happens to be a dirt cheap Alt/Metal/Rock club :P
Reply 6
Sugarcubes used to be the best but its going a bit more pop this year, still has some good nights though. You're better off trying out some of the pubs, the tap and spile's a popular option. Our best pub, the horse and groom shut down last year so there are a lot of people trying to find somewhere new.
Rock Haven is apparently very metal-y (my housemate described it as having a leather waistcoat uniform..!) and is opposite the Cloud 9 strip club, then there's Sugarcubes which is a bit more mainstream, but is very cheap and does student nights on Tuesday and Sunday.
Ooo I had no idea about Sugarcubes!
Sugarcubes sounds right up my street.
Its a dump, il warn you lol
[QUOTE='rach [shikari]']Its a dump, il warn you lol

Oh really :/ That's a shame. How come?
its very basic, quite dirty, the toilets are just discraceful, but its a good night and very cheap.
It is a total dump yeah, but it's still bloody cheap and a good night :smile: just don't go to the toilets too much and close your eyes when they turn the lights on at the end of the night :p:
I'm sure it won't be as much of a dump as some places in Yarmouth. Still a bit annoying to hear it's a dump but at least you say the nights are good there.
Reply 15
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd bitch here...

The biggest thing missing in Lincoln is a proper sports bar rather than just bars infested by glory hunting Man Utd part timers. If Man Utd arnt on and you want to watch something you will find yourself surrounded by sunday lunchers.
Reply 16
A sports bar is not what lincoln needs!!! But as someone who worked in cubes I can tell you that its not dirty. Its cleaned before and after every night. But yes its basic. Also Cubes is having a 5 day fresher week with 2 student nights, an 80's night and a metal night as well as a rock night on sat. Its the cheapest place and just about the best nights ive ever had have been in cubes.
Reply 17
ThirdLion
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd bitch here...

The biggest thing missing in Lincoln is a proper sports bar rather than just bars infested by glory hunting Man Utd part timers. If Man Utd arnt on and you want to watch something you will find yourself surrounded by sunday lunchers.

True blue moving down, watch out! Anywhere good with Sky Sports for champs league tmoz?

Latest