The Student Room Group

Debate - what is the best revision music?

Debate with other people over the likes of Lo-fi, Jazz, Playboi Carti, Funk or anything that fits you?
there's a lot i like! usually video game music gets me in the mood (especially the wii, persona, and pokemon series of games) and it doesn't usually have any lyrics i can get distracted by. slower music tends to make me feel unmotivated and lazy though; i usually work well with more upbeat music (from dance/electro to pop punk really)

OH ALSO a major tip i have for revising is associate a topic with something - especially a song. like for example i associate jekyll and hyde (one of my english lit books) with duality by set it off, or the physical section of geography (esp. natural hazards) with the primal groudon/kyogre theme from pokemon ORAS. later i'll create a full list for each! :]
Reply 2
Progressive black metal
(edited 11 months ago)
I listened to Lord of the Lost's Swan Song albums during revision (all the way from my HNC through to Masters completion!). There are three Swan Song albums in total and they're all quite long.

An example:

[video="youtube;kGFaU0Dc-rg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGFaU0Dc-rg[/video]

They also do instrumental versions of these tracks on the Swan Symphonies albums.
Reply 4
I just listen to a mixture of upbeat, and slower, mainly Taylor Swift songs as they are chill and provide a break to scream lyrics.... so yeah! I listen to all types of music, mostly pop and indie, and I find that helps me.
I stand by Camille Saint-Saen's Danse Macabre and I'll Make a Man out of You for ultimate motivation :u:

(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by revisionblanc
Debate with other people over the likes of Lo-fi, Jazz, Playboi Carti, Funk or anything that fits you?

Video game music is the pretty good (undertale, minecraft, pokemon). I think lofi is too repetative, so the main thing I listen to is alternative, indie instrumentals which can be hard to find but they are *chef's kiss* when you do. I also listen to classical choral music but that doesn't seem to be for everyone...
Shania Twain
Reply 8
I’ve found a 12 hr playlist of Taylor Swift songs on piano and it’s so good since it’s familiar enough that it doesn’t bore me but also not distracting - if you’re interested just search Taylor Swift instrumental on Spotify
Reply 9
I love listening to random instrumental music... because if its anything with lyrics I just get distracted singing along!
Reply 11
I've listened to a lot of Sibelius, and some baroque guitar music when revising. Occasionally choral stuff, but not anything with understandable lyrics.
Classical or instrumental music
Reply 13
I find listening to COD MW (the original MW games, not the remastered games) soundtracks help me stay focused on revision.
Reply 14
Jon Hopkins for suuuure
Reply 15
i always just listen to brown noise. it keeps me concentrated and i don't get distracted by lyrics.
video game music or classical, but it can't be too classical or suddenly I am a conductor, conducting an orchestra :biggrin:
bit of an unpopular opinion but I only listen to heavy metal/rock when I'm studying. idk I actually find it a lot easier to concentrate with men screaming in my ears than with quieter music.
Reply 18
Best study music is Lofi Girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKfPfyJRdk

Quick Reply

Latest