The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
anyone been invited for an interview through SEO yet?
Been over 2 weeks since I submitted SEO application, still no word from them :s-smilie: Checked their site as well, no change. When did people get invites to tests and stuff??
Reply 182
Original post by ebam_uk
Well from what Hason said once at a presentation - GS for this year have 56 spots reserved exclusively for SEO applicants throughout its divisions!

Wow thats quite a bit
Original post by facetious

Been over 2 weeks since I submitted SEO application, still no word from them :s-smilie: Checked their site as well, no change. When did people get invites to tests and stuff??

I think the original deadline for summer internships in banking was mid november. those who had sent out apps in october had recieved test invites/ phone interviews in november and the first batch of candidates were reccomended to the partner firms by the 1st of december.

best to call/ email them and ask them about your application :wink:
Reply 184

One sort of trick SEO also do to late applicants is submit them for Professional Services since the banking spaces will always tend to go the fastest.
Original post by wannabe_trader
I think the original deadline for summer internships in banking was mid november. those who had sent out apps in october had recieved test invites/ phone interviews in november and the first batch of candidates were reccomended to the partner firms by the 1st of december.

best to call/ email them and ask them about your application :wink:

Don't they do any numerical/verbal tests of their own then, as part of the application, before the next stages?

Don't they do any numerical/verbal tests of their own then, as part of the application, before the next stages?

they send out test invites after the app. i think everyone who has submitted gets one eventually. like i said, call or email to ask them why you have not been put through the process
Reply 187
Invite for citi IBD assessment centre this friday.. i believe through SEO.. my first response from the partner banks for IBD...
(edited 13 years ago)
Either you'll get an invite for a first round/AC through your direct application or you'll get a recommendation from SEO, in which case your direct application and SEO's recommendation merge. If you hear from the bank directly, happy days, if you get it from a SEO recommendation, happy days.

If you have't had an interview or a Meet&Greet, then it means you haven't made it to the next round i.e. recommendations. I was told all recommendations would take place Mid/End Jan with AC's at the end of Jan/early Feb.
Did anyone else go to GS for the operations interview on tuesday?. How did you find it?
Reply 190
Original post by Catsvsdogs
Did anyone else go to GS for the operations interview on tuesday?. How did you find it?

Did you go? Any tips??
Reply 191
Has any one heard from GS after the first round interview in GIR?
Reply 192
Original post by Catsvsdogs

Hi I went for the resrearch interview. Mine wasn't taht good. I really got grilled with technical questions. Have u heard anything since? When do u think they have their second round?
f**k professional services text...this isnt good :frown:
I had an exam so i had to reschdule the interview
Reply 195
Original post by EternalBudhist
f**k professional services text...this isnt good :frown:

You mean they asked you to apply to prof services as well?
just a text from a random number tbh, said i should send my alevell details tbh, a bit dodge

just a text from a random number tbh, said i should send my alevell details tbh, a bit dodge

?? Explain more please..
literally an sms text message saying it was from SEO for professional services, and i should reply with my alevel/course details etc. Could be a prank from a friend or could be real. Either way ive been recommended for S&T so i dont give a s**T :smile:
Reply 199
Apparently SEO doesnt tell you about any offer till the end of Jan and doesnt tell you at al if you have been rejected :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending