The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Biz Whiz
Apparently SEO doesnt tell you about any offer till the end of Jan and doesnt tell you at al if you have been rejected :s-smilie:

Do you mean the outcome of the interviews with the Partners? who said that?
Reply 201
Original post by Mrxela
Do you mean the outcome of the interviews with the Partners? who said that?

Yepp. The seo lady said so...I hope they tell us though it...would be nice at least to know if u are erejected
Reply 202
Yepp. The seo lady said so...I hope they tell us though it...would be nice at least to know if u are erejected

I'm hoping this applies just to final interviews. right?
Reply 203
Original post by Mrxela
I'm hoping this applies just to final interviews. right?

Yea thats what Im hoping as well...at least in the case of some banks such as GS even SEO candidates gave first round interviews.
Hey guys, could you help me out? My friend told he has received offers from every major bb ib, hf, pe, am, and even an swf and I’m not sure what each term means.

I know BB IB is bulge bracket Investment Bank, HF is Hedge Fund and I’m guessing PE is private equity. But I don’t know the rest. Any ideas?
Reply 205
Original post by midnightL
Hey guys, could you help me out? My friend told he has received offers from every major bb ib, hf, pe, am, and even an swf and I’m not sure what each term means.

I know BB IB is bulge bracket Investment Bank, HF is Hedge Fund and I’m guessing PE is private equity. But I don’t know the rest. Any ideas?

swf = sovereign wealth fund
Original post by TI-84
swf = sovereign wealth fund

Any ideas on am??

And thanks!
Original post by midnightL
Any ideas on am??

And thanks!

Asset Management.
Hi All. I applied for technology at and have an offer for summer internship. I thought I'd put some advise up seeing as this website helped me too. Basically, the interviews (first and second round) and 80%+ competencie based and around your CV and covering letter. If you mention something like the credit crises for example, they will question you about it. The trick is to bring up topics you know very well, such as a division or something the investment bank has done recently, so you can then show off your knowledge when they question you. I know alot of you have applied for different roles but I guess it is mostly the same process, you will probably get 20% questions related to your particular role, again, depending on the interviewer. Any questions please messag me.
Reply 209
Original post by clevermatey
Hi All. I applied for technology at and have an offer for summer internship. I thought I'd put some advise up seeing as this website helped me too. Basically, the interviews (first and second round) and 80%+ competencie based and around your CV and covering letter. If you mention something like the credit crises for example, they will question you about it. The trick is to bring up topics you know very well, such as a division or something the investment bank has done recently, so you can then show off your knowledge when they question you. I know alot of you have applied for different roles but I guess it is mostly the same process, you will probably get 20% questions related to your particular role, again, depending on the interviewer. Any questions please messag me.

Thanks for that, did u get your offer through SEO?
Reply 210
anyone attend the nomura IBD AC on friday?
Reply 211
Original post by nikshah23

Was it only IBD or did it have Global Markets as well?
Reply 212

Yes I did.. you too?
Reply 213

not sure but the afternoon session was IBD only
Reply 214
Original post by khaddi
Yes I did.. you too?

yes i did
Reply 215

Did you attend the Global Markets one?
Reply 216
Original post by Tonylin

No I was just wondering if they were done calling people for Global Markets. Did they give an indication of when they would get back to you?
Reply 217
Original post by Tonylin

Have u heard back about GS?
Reply 218
yes i did

How did it go? I think case study was quite ok.. Nothing too overcomplicated.... You going today for the networking event? Also any idea when we find out if you been sucessful?
Reply 219
Original post by khaddi
How did it go? I think case study was quite ok.. Nothing too overcomplicated.... You going today for the networking event? Also any idea when we find out if you been sucessful?

i thought it went ok.
dont know when they'll get back to us.

yep going to the event today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending