The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khaddi
Is this the second stage? Or have you yet not had your CV's sent to the banks?

dunno, im guessing if they hadnt they wouldnt bother inviting us to it.
Original post by mnfrancis1

Still waiting.. fingers crossed.. Anyone still waiting for IBD replies?

If we get this meet and greet session, what sort of questions should we ask anyway? anyone care to enlighten me on good questions to ask?

cheers!

Today i got the invite to this assesment at BarCap on the 4th of Jan.. IBD.
Reply 82
So is the assessment in Morgan Stanley on the 5th Jan only for Sales and Trading, or are other people also invited to this one ?
Original post by Tonylin

Original post by Tonylin
So is the assessment in Morgan Stanley on the 5th Jan only for Sales and Trading, or are other people also invited to this one ?

I think S&T is at MS
IBD & PWM at Barcap
assessment or training day? the capital markets training day is at barcap
Hey guys,

Is anyone going to the little meet'n'greet on 4th Jan?...I'm still not sure if I should go. Basically I've already got an offer/signed on from my first choice for the summer - feel kinda bad pulling the race card as well.
Is the Meet and Greet day instead of the telephone interview i.e the same stage of assessment?

I was just wondering since it seems easier (in my personal opinion anyway).
Reply 87
Original post by The_Libertarian
Is the Meet and Greet day instead of the telephone interview i.e the same stage of assessment?

I was just wondering since it seems easier (in my personal opinion anyway).

Yeah I think it is the same in terms of 'stage' but I think it may be possible to gain a bit more from this, as it is face to face.

Although thinking about it maybe it's division dependant? The other person I know at one of these Meet and Greets applied for Trading, I've applied for Sales. Anyone else who has this care to say which division they've applied for?
(edited 13 years ago)
i applied for trading as well, looks like there's gonna be some fierce competition
Reply 89
Original post by EternalBudhist
i applied for trading as well, looks like there's gonna be some fierce competition

It always is!
Original post by Miyavi

Original post by Miyavi
Yeah I think it is the same in terms of 'stage' but I think it may be possible to gain a bit more from this, as it is face to face.

Although thinking about it maybe it's division dependant? The other person I know at one of these Meet and Greets applied for Trading, I've applied for Sales. Anyone else who has this care to say which division they've applied for?

IBD. It's held at BarCap on the 4th.. is it the same for S&T guys?
Reply 91
Original post by Rocafella89
IBD. It's held at BarCap on the 4th.. is it the same for S&T guys?

No! It's held at Morgan Stanley.
Original post by manutd17

Original post by manutd17
Did you also go to the event in early December?

Nope no event in early decemeber this invite is the first thing i've heard from them after the numericals (which i did mid November).

Can i just ask though.. this is the opening line of the invite:

"Dear SEO Candidate,

You should have already received an invitation to an online SEO numeracy test and thank you for those who have already completed the test. Congratulations for making it through to the next stage on assessment."

Does this mean that there will be people there who haven't yet completed the test? it dosen't make sense.. Have i been specifically selected to attend or have they just invited everyone along who's applied?

Also the fact that the S&T event and the IBD event is held at different venues makes me genuinely believe that this is going to be like one big group interview..
Reply 93
Original post by Rocafella89
Today i got the invite to this assesment at BarCap on the 4th of Jan.. IBD.

I seriously hope i get some replies this coming week.. its taking too long and this anxiousness is killing me..
Reply 94
I seriously hope i get some replies this coming week.. its taking too long and this anxiousness is killing me..

Don't worry, theres loads of people waiting to hear from SEO!
Original post by Miyavi

Original post by Miyavi
No! It's held at Morgan Stanley.

OK i am seriously confused. I finished tests etc by october and was recommended to banks at the end of november. attended BarCap training on the 1st Dec for Markets and that was it. have not heard anything since. is the event at MS an AC/ next stage of the recruitment process? and is this meet and greet for those who SEO think are good enough to progress to AC stage?
Original post by wannabe_trader

OK i am seriously confused. I finished tests etc by october and was recommended to banks at the end of november. attended BarCap training on the 1st Dec for Markets and that was it. have not heard anything since. is the event at MS an AC/ next stage of the recruitment process? and is this meet and greet for those who SEO think are good enough to progress to AC stage?

I finished my test in early November and I've been invited to the M&G at BarCap.. it's the first i've heard from SEO..

I really don't know what to tell you..
Reply 97

I'm pretty confused too. Here's the whole e-mail.. it's a bit weird:

Dear SEO Candidate,

You should have already received an invitation to an online SEO numeracy test and thank you for completing the test. Congratulations for making it through to the next stage on assessment. We would now like to invite you to a meet and greet and training day on Wednesday 5th January 2011 to meet the SEO team. The normal next procedure would be a telephone interview with the SEO team. However, as we are keen to process your application as quickly as possible, we have decided to invite you to a group meet and training session next week. We will also use this day to provide you with as much information on interview skills and aninsight into banking, in order to excel at possible next assessment stages. This training should also be beneficial to you for interviews via your direct bank applications, and so we strongly encourage you to attend.

The training day will be held at on Wednesday 5th January 2011. Details are below. You must RSVP by the end of the day Tuesday 28th December 2010.
Please use the link below to indicate your availability. If you cannot attend on this, then please indicate so on the survey. This is the only meet and greet day we are holding, so please make every effort to attend. Please copy and paste the ENTIRE link into your web browser if clicking on it does not work. In the survey, please use the same email address as in your SEO application.
-link to the thing-
Details:
Date: Wednesday 5th January 2011
Venue: Morgan Stanley, 25 Cabot Square, Level 12, Canary Wharf, London
Directions: The nearest tube station is Canary Wharf on the Jubilee and DLR lines.
Time: 8.30am 10.00am (please arrive at least 15 minutes early)
Dress Code: Business formal - please remember these tests are conducted in the banks, and you may meet some bank representatives.
Preparation:
This meet and greet and training day will count as part of your assessment for SEO and in some cases will act as an alternative to the telephone interview stage. You will meet members of the SEO team on the day as well as bank representatives and will be asked to talk about your interests in your chosen business area and yourselves, in a group environment. You should therefore be prepared to ask good questions and do as much research into your first choice division as possible. You should be reading business news on a regular basis (everyday) if you are not already, in order to help you form opinions and views on the market and the economy.
PLEASE DO NOT RSVP VIA E-MAIL OR BY TELEPHONE. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT, PLEASE TELL US USING THE LINK. We cannot guarantee that we will have another training day for you to attend at this stage, so please make every effort to attend this one. If you absolutely cannot attend, we will endeavour to schedule a telephone interview for you.
We look forward to seeing you in the new year. Wish you all a Happy Christmas in the meantime!
Applied for S&T too and was happy to get an email saying I'm in a pool of strong shortlisted candidates and will be contacted soon...then i stumbled across this page and realised I didn't get the email inviting you to a meet and greet session...
im guessing that's a rejection on my part then? :s-smilie:
LOL don't worry guys, SEO will be holding several meet and greet sessions at various banks, for example i've been invited to a S&T one at Barcap on the fourth while a couple others here have a S&T one at MS on the fifth. you shouldn't even worry if you're not invited to this meet and greet if you've had a phone interview. i'm guessing they are holding their main AC's in mid to late jan. these meet and greet are just an opportunity to shine

from experience with SEO a couple years ago, they are well...pretty disorganised(not as bad as CS though)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending