The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abiraleft
Agreed. I haven't done it recently either, despite being very tempted to do well in a title-defending season (limping along in 3rd as a result, but oh well). :biggrin:

Ha same, I'm also sitting in third, behind City and Spurs - took over from SAF, which is a hard enough challenge ha. I had two games in hand which would've drew me level with them both but I drew the first to Newcastle and St James' and lost to Villa (my old team :facepalm2:). With only 4 league games left, it's looking pretty hopeless - unless City lose to someone else, then I have the chance to overtake them when I face them on the last day of the season and finish 2nd behind Spurs and their fixtures are ridiculously simple. Annoying though as I have an amazing goal difference but still third :emo: Hoping winning the FA Cup and Champions League can save my bacon though :teeth:

Damn this lecture I have at 2. Stuck on campus :indiff: Knew I should've brought my laptop up to play FM :moon:
Reply 4821
I haven't rage quit on this save :h: But I have tested a few things out in games that were a bit weird.

I played a Barcelona game that I lost a few times and no matter what I did (including putting Messi in goal and Barcelonas defenders up front and strikers in defence with not a single player playing down the centre and telling them all that the game didn't matter) they still beat my full-strength Liverpool team with ease. This also happened when United beat me 5-0 at OT.

It seemed that the match engine had decided I was going to lose regardless of what tactics and players either team played :beard:
Original post by Lewis43
Hey guys I have a few questions and any answers would be greatly appreciated;

Do you all play the game properly? Im carlisle (like I am on every manager game) and in previous manager games, if say, its the last few games and i need to win them to go up, I will cheat, by reloading the game until im promoted, however I havent on this save. But my question is, do you all do this? or do you prefer it to be realistic? The reason i used to do it was because I think otherwise, its a whole season and hours of my time wasted.

My next question is; I know you can get a player to concentrate on one skill, does this effect his other skills then? like if i said "concentrate on dribbling" would his finishing skill fall?

Another question; Every manager game, when they give the monthly fees etc. Im always losing money - it doesnt seem to effect me in anyway, but i was wondering, if im careful with my money and this changes to im gaining money, do i get more money for transfers or does the club itself become richer?

Another question; at the start of the season you can set how much your players get if they win a cup/league. Surely if you pick the highest one they will be more motivated, if so, why doesnt everyone just chose the highest one?

I thats all the questions i had about the game that i can remember. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I only cheat when I cock up and when I need to win a game to stay up in a division, I never cheat in cup finals.

The money eventually effects you, you can end up in administration, or if you're lucky end up with an abu dhabi/abramovich type chairman. Happened to me with blackpool and I got a 38 million transfer kitty one season.

I always get a profit, the trick is to spend as little as possible, I was going to buy eriksen for 7 million, but I had bannan who I bought for 6 million and had half the wages eriksen asked for, so there was no point. I'm never over my budget either.
My team are full of free transfers/youngsters and I try to make a profit whenever it is possible. I use my youth players and try to integrate them into the team so I spend as little as possible.

I pick medium, however when I really need to do well one season e.g. try to get into the champions league and win the europa league this season, I give them high bonuses.
I'm gonna limit rage quitting to twice a season now. Usually I rage quit around 5 times, especially when bull**** happens.
Reply 4824
Original post by Mess.
I haven't rage quit on this save :h: But I have tested a few things out in games that were a bit weird.

I played a Barcelona game that I lost a few times and no matter what I did (including putting Messi in goal and Barcelonas defenders up front and strikers in defence with not a single player playing down the centre and telling them all that the game didn't matter) they still beat my full-strength Liverpool team with ease. This also happened when United beat me 5-0 at OT.

It seemed that the match engine had decided I was going to lose regardless of what tactics and players either team played :beard:

Also had a play around against barca with my liverpool team in the semis of the champs league. I played them at home first and went defensive with a 4-1-2-1-2(narrow) and managed to scrape a 1-0. Reina had a rating of 9.9 for that and Coates got a 10... So you can imagine how barraged I was in that. Then away at the nou camp I kept getting destroyed whenever I tried to play defensive. I could hold them off for so long but then they'd always manage to sneak a goal and then get 3-4 more. So kept reloading trying different tactics. Finally decided I'd go with my usual control/attacking 4-2-3-1. Matched them on possession and shots, it ended up 5-4 to them but I went through on away goals... So I've found a if you're going to score then we're going to score approach has worked best for me lol
How many times has this happened to someone, you change your tactics right before a corner, they take the corner and score a goal, even if you put it on contain. I think that there's a glitch in the game.
Definitely hoping on results going my way, but I could still win the league. Spurs would have to massively screw up but Man City could be potentially easy to overtake. I'll definitely take 2nd place considering the start to the season I had. :teeth: Exciting climax :teeth: Though Cavani is injured for most of this last month, lucky I have Welbeck back from injury :rolleyes:
Reply 4827
Does anyone play this on Mac? If so, do you know how to reduce the size of the game so I can view 2 window (basically, i want to be able to, for example, be on the internet whilst playing the game).

Also, is eduardo vargas in the game at all???
Reply 4828

Original post by 419
Does anyone play this on Mac? If so, do you know how to reduce the size of the game so I can view 2 window (basically, i want to be able to, for example, be on the internet whilst playing the game).

Also, is eduardo vargas in the game at all???

Can't you do it in in Preferences>Display Mode>Windowed? Or is Mac completely different?
Reply 4829
Original post by Mess.
Can't you do it in in Preferences>Display Mode>Windowed? Or is Mac completely different?

Awesome, it worked. Cheers.
Reply 4830
One of my players just scored 84 goals in a season. My team isn't that amazing and his stats aren't that incredible (not an 84 goal a season striker anyway), but he seemed to just be amazing this season. 60 goals in 30 EPL appearances, 7 goals in 6 cup games and 17 goals in 9 European apperances.
Original post by Ash_TJ
One of my players just scored 84 goals in a season. My team isn't that amazing and his stats aren't that incredible (not an 84 goal a season striker anyway), but he seemed to just be amazing this season. 60 goals in 30 EPL appearances, 7 goals in 6 cup games and 17 goals in 9 European apperances.

:lolwut: The most that I've ever had is sixty-two...
Reply 4832
Original post by KingMessi
:lolwut: The most that I've ever had is sixty-two...

Aguero got 52 the season before this happened in the EPL alone, then my guy broke that with a hat-trick in the penlutimate game .. then got 7 on the last day of the season :P
Reply 4833
Why can't i find thorgan hazard?? Am i doing something wrong?
So far this season, played 7, won 4, drew 3, best performances in the LC. Typical Liverpool tbh. :colonhash:
Reply 4835
Original post by 419
Why can't i find thorgan hazard?? Am i doing something wrong?

He's been removed from the game I think for some reason. At least I haven't been able to find him either. Eden's youngest brother is in it though, Kylian(sp), but he's not as good as Thorgan was :frown:

EDIT: RC lens are in ligue 2 apparently now, I know I don't have that active so maybe that's why. Try adding Ligue 2 and maybe he'll appear?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4836
Original post by Stirlo
He's been removed from the game I think for some reason. At least I haven't been able to find him either. Eden's youngest brother is in it though, Kylian(sp), but he's not as good as Thorgan was :frown:

EDIT: RC lens are in ligue 2 apparently now, I know I don't have that active so maybe that's why. Try adding Ligue 2 and maybe he'll appear?

Yh I've got Liguee 2 up but he's still not there. The fact aht Kylian is there but thorgan isn't is so surprising.
Original post by Stirlo

Original post by 419
Yh I've got Liguee 2 up but he's still not there. The fact aht Kylian is there but thorgan isn't is so surprising.

On my Network game, Thorgan and Kylian are on it (playing for RC Lens & Lille U18's respectively).

RC Lens are in Ligue 2, so you may have to load that league/have a large database. :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4838
Original post by CB91
On my Network game, Thorgan and Kylian are on it (playing for RC Lens & Lille U18's respectively).

RC Lens are in Ligue 2, so you may have to load that league/have a large database. :dontknow:

Just started a new game just in case the game was messing me about. I always have it on large DB just never add ligue 2. Tried with ligue 2 on the new game, he's still not there. Very strange tbh as I always like to sign him and Kylian doesn't turn out as good as him unfortunately :frown:. 8 years and we'll have Ethan Hazard joining them all :rolleyes:
Original post by Stirlo
Just started a new game just in case the game was messing me about. I always have it on large DB just never add ligue 2. Tried with ligue 2 on the new game, he's still not there. Very strange tbh as I always like to sign him and Kylian doesn't turn out as good as him unfortunately :frown:. 8 years and we'll have Ethan Hazard joining them all :rolleyes:

:iiam:

How many Hazard's are there? :zomg:

Latest