The Student Room Group

ocr history y318 russia and its rulers

Anyone have any predictions for the Unit 3 Russia paper?
Reply 1
For the depth study, I feel like the Provisional Government will come up, because last year it was Khrushchev, and the previous years have only ever been between Alexander II and Khrushchev. Although, OCR isn't that predictable so they could just continue with their previous trends and alternate between AII or K again. (Original post by katie.watsonn)Anyone have any predictions for the Unit 3 Russia paper?
Reply 2
yh my teacher was saying that Provisional govt was likely to come up for the interpretations and that nationalities or nature of government for the themes
Original post by maryam4z
For the depth study, I feel like the Provisional Government will come up, because last year it was Khrushchev, and the previous years have only ever been between Alexander II and Khrushchev. Although, OCR isn't that predictable so they could just continue with their previous trends and alternate between AII or K again. (Original post by katie.watsonn)Anyone have any predictions for the Unit 3 Russia paper?
Reply 3
Did your teacher specify on any key ares to do with nationalities and nature of government. My school are currently still learning content for Russia because our teacher decided to spend a year learning Germany (which most of us already knew from GCSEs) which only equates to 15% of our course. So obviously im now in full panic mode for the Russia paper as i feel so unprepared and its 40%. Any help or notes that coul be forwarded would really appreciated. Definiely not looking forward to the 24th. mental breakdown pending ....
Reply 4
use a website called studocu.com there are so many notes that are nicely summed up into themes
Original post by cxnnie62
Did your teacher specify on any key ares to do with nationalities and nature of government. My school are currently still learning content for Russia because our teacher decided to spend a year learning Germany (which most of us already knew from GCSEs) which only equates to 15% of our course. So obviously im now in full panic mode for the Russia paper as i feel so unprepared and its 40%. Any help or notes that coul be forwarded would really appreciated. Definiely not looking forward to the 24th. mental breakdown pending ....
Reply 5
How did you all feel about exam ?
Reply 6
Original post by theabal05

the exam was kinda mid not too bad but not amazing
Reply 7

everyone said they loved the interpretations but i didn’t like them that much ngl. didn’t go too badly though
Reply 8
:frown:i didn't think question 4 was a nationalities question, but people seem to think it was. think I might have absolutely failed that one if i answered it wrong. very worried
Reply 9
Original post by Wtjm12345
:frown:i didn't think question 4 was a nationalities question, but people seem to think it was. think I might have absolutely failed that one if i answered it wrong. very worried

I did that too don't worry. It was extremely vague. There's quite a few other people I've heard did it like us :frown:

it didn’t explicitly say nationalities so that doesn’t mean we did it wrong. people will interpret thematic essays in different ways and everyone will have chosen very different themes. i did government, economy and treatment of the people. i wouldn’t be too worried about it! i think if we had limited ourselves to talking about the nationalities we would have done worse
Reply 11
Original post by katie.watsonn
it didn’t explicitly say nationalities so that doesn’t mean we did it wrong. people will interpret thematic essays in different ways and everyone will have chosen very different themes. i did government, economy and treatment of the people. i wouldn’t be too worried about it! i think if we had limited ourselves to talking about the nationalities we would have done worse

That's a cool way to do it! I did agriculture/industry/society and politics -> though I think I ended up talking about every theme besides nationalities!
Reply 12
I did that too don't worry. It was extremely vague. There's quite a few other people I've heard did it like us :frown:

Yes it seems kind of comforting that a number of people did it our way. Wasn't very nice of the exam board in my opinion, but that's life yh. Hope all your exams go okay - will be rooting for you and everyone. :smile:
Reply 13

ah that's a nice way of doing it.
I divided it into social economic and political although think my social and political paragraphs overlapped a little.
Best of luck with everything!
That's a cool way to do it! I did agriculture/industry/society and politics -> though I think I ended up talking about every theme besides nationalities!

omg these themes were so much better than mine 😭
i feel like treatment of the people isn’t really development so kinda regret that ngl. also well done for managing four themes!
ah that's a nice way of doing it.
I divided it into social economic and political although think my social and political paragraphs overlapped a little.
Best of luck with everything!

these themes sound super comprehensive and well rounded tbh… sounds like it covers pretty much everything so defo no need to stress about missing nationalities! good luck to you too
Reply 16
Anyone have any predictions for the Unit 3 Russia paper?

what was it in the end?
Reply 17
What textbooks everyone using for Russia? Atm I'm using the hodder education one but I feel like it's not very good tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest