The Student Room Group

History NEA on Russia - need help!!!

Hi guys. I'm currently in year 13 and I have to do my History NEA (AQA), for which I chose Russia as a topic. My question is "The use of terror was necessary to achieve political reform in Russian society in 1855 - 1953." Assess the validity of this view.

However, I have no idea how to thoroughly start planning and writing this. I have done some research, but it would really help talking to someone about this in more detail, as my teacher is barely giving us any advice.

I would apprciate any answer! :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
As part of planning list what you consider to be the key political reforms between those dates (Accession of Alexander II through to the death of Stalin). Note those you think occurred as a response to terror. See anything?
Reply 2
Would the 1856 Great Reforms fit into that, considering they came as a result of the Crimean War, which induced poorer living conditions, and political tensions?
Thank you for the response btw
Original post by rhiannon_g
As part of planning list what you consider to be the key political reforms between those dates (Accession of Alexander II through to the death of Stalin). Note those you think occurred as a response to terror. See anything?
Reply 3
Yes in that any significant reforms can go onto your list, on one side or the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending