The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5480
Original post by Dalimyr
From past experience with all leagues playable it's PAINFULLY slow (a day or more to holiday through a season isn't out of the question) and the game physically can't handle the amount of data so you have to save just about every time you want to press continue because particularly during days when matches are being played (i.e. most days) the game will more than likely decide to crash.

With all leagues set to 'view-only' except the one you're actively playing in, it's much more manageable, and not too much worse than having just the active playable league on its own (results in view-only leagues are simulated based on club rep and so on rather than being played out in full detail like in playable leagues and managers in view-only leagues are about as passive in the transfer market as when their leagues aren't on at all). But of course remember that with FM12 you can now turn leagues on/off whenever you feel like it (league is activated/deactivated once it's time for a new season to start in that country) so there's a perfectly good possibility that Cataquack's just been having one or two active leagues at a time and switching leagues on/off when he wanted a change :smile:

What are your computers stats, if you don't mind me asking?

The main thing I'd be worried about is my laptop overheating.
Well I'm 11th in january. although only ten points separate me from the leaders and I'm unbeaten in 10 games. Time to do a chelsea and go on that stupid unbeaten run.

I also battered bayern munich 5-2 to qualify first in my group with roma 2nd and debrecen 4th. Got a match vs PSG now. This'll be interesting. Real madrid poached off one of my youngsters again for 8 million(made 7.5 million profit on him in one year but they broke my release clause), I go and find another guy on a free transfer who has the same potential as him lol. Real madrid are as stupid as they are in real life.
Reply 5482
Started a game with Vitesse, as I always do.

Ernesto Farias and Daniel Larsson up top with a midfield trio of Anthony Annan, Kara and Mate Simao. :sogood:

Media prediction of 5th and a bit of money behind me, although I do prefer having less money, silly as it sounds. It lowers expectations I guess.
Reply 5483
Original post by Nut.
What are your computers stats, if you don't mind me asking?

The main thing I'd be worried about is my laptop overheating.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5GHz
4GB RAM
GeForce 9800GT 512MB

...it was a pretty good PC when I got it a few years ago. Few games struggle on it (Crysis crashes a lot, and it really doesn't like Skyrim with the HD graphics plugin, but aside from those and games with dubious code optimisation like STALKER, it'll run most games at 1680x1050 (or close to it) at max graphic level (or close to it) with no problems at all) but I may look to upgrade later in the year, and probably next year at the latest.
If you're on a laptop then running loads of leagues probably wouldn't be the best idea, no :p:
Reply 5484
Is FM unavilable for anyone else at the moment? It keeps telling me to try again some other time :sigh:
Reply 5485
Original post by Mess.
Is FM unavilable for anyone else at the moment? It keeps telling me to try again some other time :sigh:
Seems to be working for me. Steam can be irritating with this sort of thing at times, though. Try shutting Steam down and restarting it and see if that helps fix things? Or verify the game cache integrity? I'm not sure, this does happen from time to time but normally when I experience it it's because of a big Steam sale that's hammering the servers, and I wouldn't really say that the start of a 2K Games weekend is likely to be as problematic as the Christmas sale, no matter how popular Borderlands may be (:p:) so I doubt server issues are to blame. Weird :dontknow:
My first ever 10.00 rating in any FM game. :coma:
Anyone got recommendations for a decent young keeper I can develop around 2013/14?
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Anyone got recommendations for a decent young keeper I can develop around 2013/14?

Colin Coosemans, Matej Delac
Reply 5489
Original post by Dalimyr
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5GHz
4GB RAM
GeForce 9800GT 512MB

...it was a pretty good PC when I got it a few years ago. Few games struggle on it (Crysis crashes a lot, and it really doesn't like Skyrim with the HD graphics plugin, but aside from those and games with dubious code optimisation like STALKER, it'll run most games at 1680x1050 (or close to it) at max graphic level (or close to it) with no problems at all) but I may look to upgrade later in the year, and probably next year at the latest.
If you're on a laptop then running loads of leagues probably wouldn't be the best idea, no :p:

It would just depend on the overheating really... I guess I could give it a shot and see what happens.

I've got:
Intel i72720QM quad core 2.2GHz
8GB RAM
2GB Nvidia GeForce 540m

Spec wise it'll handle it, but it depends how good the fans are...
Guys, I need advice. I'm in November 2025, still with Chelsea, my first club. I've won eleven or twelve Premier League titles, four Champions Leagues, eight or nine league cups, four or five FA Cups, four Club World Cups and ten or twelve Community Shields. My aim was to win the most Premier League titles (twenty, as it stands) and then get another job. I've just been offered the Barcelona job; they're 15th in La Liga, and they've offered me 235 K per week, a 443 million transfer budget and a 5M p/w wage budget. I have an amazing squad at Chelsea, so...do I stick or twist? I've asked for a week to think things over, so...
Reply 5491
Original post by KingMessi
Guys, I need advice. I'm in November 2025, still with Chelsea, my first club. I've won eleven or twelve Premier League titles, four Champions Leagues, eight or nine league cups, four or five FA Cups, four Club World Cups and ten or twelve Community Shields. My aim was to win the most Premier League titles (twenty, as it stands) and then get another job. I've just been offered the Barcelona job; they're 15th in La Liga, and they've offered me 235 K per week, a 443 million transfer budget and a 5M p/w wage budget. I have an amazing squad at Chelsea, so...do I stick or twist? I've asked for a week to think things over, so...

Toss a coin on it. And, yeah, I am being serious.
Reply 5492
Original post by KingMessi

You will be able to take over them in future seasons, I'd get the record before you move on :yep:
Is it possible to get a job at a team from another country if you ticked the box in the beginning for only one country (I'm the manager of A.C. Milan)?
Reply 5494
Original post by mevidek
Is it possible to get a job at a team from another country if you ticked the box in the beginning for only one country (I'm the manager of A.C. Milan)?

In 2012 it is, but not in 2011 or before that. You have to enable that country somewhere (don't actually have '12 so I don't know where!)
Original post by Laertes
Toss a coin on it. And, yeah, I am being serious.

Original post by Mess.
You will be able to take over them in future seasons, I'd get the record before you move on :yep:

I reckon I'll leave it for now. My squad is epic at the moment, I've won three consecutive CL's and it'd be silly to leave a team that good. Once I've got my 21st PL title I'll move on. As much as that offer was RIDICULOUSLY tempting...
I'm aiming for a double, champions league and spanish cup double. I'm 11th in the league in january and under pressure from management although I can easily get top 4 at this rate as I'm on a ridiculous unbeaten run, likelyhood is that this is going to turn into my old chelsea game where I go on a ridiculous unbeaten run at this rate, I should have played more matches in pre season and got everyone 100% fit, had I'd done that, I would have been first but oh well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by J@tko
In 2012 it is, but not in 2011 or before that. You have to enable that country somewhere (don't actually have '12 so I don't know where!)

So does anybody else know how to on 2012?
Original post by mevidek

So does anybody else know how to on 2012?

Should be in the FM menu under "Add/Remove Leagues" or something similar.
I had a little smile across my face when I seen the rangers information screen in the transfer patch. :biggrin:

Latest