The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Won the CL on penalties against Real Madrid. Was lucky as Ronaldo was injured and so couldn't play. Missed a penalty in extra time :facepalm: and Madrid missed a lot of good chances.

I'll take a jammy trophy any day of the week :biggrin:

Although Neymar broke his leg and is out for 5-6 months :facepalm:
Reply 5921
Silly question - I already have my full quota of 4 domestic players in on a season-long loan. If I terminate one of the loans, can I then bring in another player on a season-long loan to replace him?
Reply 5922
New season signings have started well :colone:

Llorente scored 4 in 5 :awesome:
Hazard scored 1, assisted 5 and 4 MoM in 5 matches!
Hamsik, scored 1 and assisted 3 in 4 matches!
Original post by jam277
Athletic bilbao and the obvious madrid/barca youth players. Man city do surprisingly well too.

It's ridiculous being united i dont understand how they manage to get brilliant youngsters coming through and i have had less than a handful who could have done a job in my 6 seasons. They probably had a full team..

Original post by Mess.
This is only my first season but off the top of my head the best seem to be:
Boca
River
PSV
Auxerre(sp?)
Roma
Inter
Aberdeen
Feyenoord
Ajax
Southampton
Schalke
Hoffenheim
Dortmund
Bayern
Basically most French and German clubs
Levante suprisngly

The Brazillian clubs haven't had their influx yet.

There is that random french team who has ridiculously good regens every year can't seem to remember the name now. I try to avoid the south american players unless they're potentially world beaters as they'll only come at 18.
Original post by IanLim93
It's ridiculous being united i dont understand how they manage to get brilliant youngsters coming through and i have had less than a handful who could have done a job in my 6 seasons. They probably had a full team..

There is that random french team who has ridiculously good regens every year can't seem to remember the name now. I try to avoid the south american players unless they're potentially world beaters as they'll only come at 18.

clairefontaine academy.

Just save money and improve your youth facilities and play your youth squad in the first team for experience or loan them out. I've done that and now I can blood a few of the youngsters. I have two strikers, I've now successfully blooded a left back but I have another quality left back so I rotate them, my right back got a serious injury for 8 months so he's now a backup option.

My centre back is now in the first team, my striker was in the first team but I sold him as I got a better player for free (I shouldn't have sold him though he was quality and he's better than my backup) and my attacking midfielder would be in the first team had I not bought the best AM in the game for free.

So in total I've made 6 players who can walk into any side and be a part of the first team/rotation if not key players.
Reply 5925
I just love the logic of FM sometimes...

Signed a goalkeeper with 4.5 star potential, who when signing said he can't wait to start working with Pepe Reina as he's based his game on him. So I thought I'd get Reina to tutor him. Reina is fine with it, the player says there is no way he could work with Reina as he doesn't like him....
Reply 5926
Sterling and Shelvey both requesting transfers as they aren't getting enough game time :rolleyes: Played 5 games up to now and Shelvey has came on as a substitute in 3 of them and started quite a few the previous season.
Rejected both requests and will just let them calm down.

I loaned out Sanogo this season and when he went a message popped up saying that Suarez went beserk that I had loaned Sanogo out :rofl2:
Balotelli is a pain in the ass. Gets sent off (usually violent conduct) but then gets upset if warned/fined. :facepalm:
Reply 5928
I'm pretty pleased with how I've developed my young striker

Before:Anass Before.JPG

After:Anass after.JPG

What should I focus on next? Should I increase the jumping? And if so, how much to before I put up the focus on his other attributes?
Reply 5929
Original post by zxh800
I'm pretty pleased with how I've developed my young striker

Before:Anass Before.JPG

After:Anass after.JPG

What should I focus on next? Should I increase the jumping? And if so, how much to before I put up the focus on his other attributes?

No, he's never going to be a decent header or target man however he will work ok as a poucher if you up his composure.
High guys a quick question; I'm only in January of my first season, yet the potential of some of my younger first players; Robinson and Flannagan even though they are improving as players going up half a star each, their potential has dropped by a who star!

Why?

I have good coaches and they play at least one game a fortnight! And I have them on a high training level. Also they are being tutored! Just why??

Whilst Raheem Stirling has played <90 mins of football potential is exactly the same! :confused:
Reply 5931
Original post by Angry cucumber
High guys a quick question; I'm only in January of my first season, yet the potential of some of my younger first players; Robinson and Flannagan even though they are improving as players going up half a star each, their potential has dropped by a who star!

Why?

I have good coaches and they play at least one game a fortnight! And I have them on a high training level. Also they are being tutored! Just why??

Whilst Raheem Stirling has played <90 mins of football potential is exactly the same! :confused:

Playing them in the first team shoots their potential up. One of my 19yo player's potential has risen by a full star since i signed him as I've given him about 20-30 gamees this season
Reply 5932
Potential Ability is static. It doesn't change.
Original post by Laertes
Potential Ability is static. It doesn't change.

Quite, though the coaches/assistant's impression of it (which is what is given by the stars in game) might.
Where is the cheapest place to download this?

You can buy the hard disk version for less than £15 on play.com

But i can only find it for £19.99 to download - which makes no sence, i thought it should be cheaper to download if anything.

Any help anyone?
Original post by jam277
clairefontaine academy.

Just save money and improve your youth facilities and play your youth squad in the first team for experience or loan them out. I've done that and now I can blood a few of the youngsters. I have two strikers, I've now successfully blooded a left back but I have another quality left back so I rotate them, my right back got a serious injury for 8 months so he's now a backup option.

My centre back is now in the first team, my striker was in the first team but I sold him as I got a better player for free (I shouldn't have sold him though he was quality and he's better than my backup) and my attacking midfielder would be in the first team had I not bought the best AM in the game for free.

So in total I've made 6 players who can walk into any side and be a part of the first team/rotation if not key players.

My youth intake and youth facilities are the best it can possibly be. Every year the potential of each youth player coming through doesn't stand a chance to be a rotational player yet alone my first team. I have sold several players to championship clubs after they get promoted to the reserves thats about it. I do have one promising english left winger coming through who may get the odd game next season but right now just willing to let him run riot at the u18 leagues.
Original post by IanLim93
My youth intake and youth facilities are the best it can possibly be. Every year the potential of each youth player coming through doesn't stand a chance to be a rotational player yet alone my first team. I have sold several players to championship clubs after they get promoted to the reserves thats about it. I do have one promising english left winger coming through who may get the odd game next season but right now just willing to let him run riot at the u18 leagues.

Your youth recruitment might be poor. Ask the board to improve on your youth recruitment.

EDIT:youth intake means youth recruitment right?
Check your coaches, they might not be good at spotting potential or something. That might be a problem and you might just let a couple of them slip by who improve drastically.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5937
Original post by ras90
Where is the cheapest place to download this?

You can buy the hard disk version for less than £15 on play.com

But i can only find it for £19.99 to download - which makes no sence, i thought it should be cheaper to download if anything.

Any help anyone?
There should really only be one place where you can download it, and that's Steam (who to some degree are justified to charge as much as it costs for a hard copy because they've got bandwidth costs and all that which would need to be covered). Any online retailers who won't send you a physical copy of the game almost certainly won't be offering a download either - they'll give you a CD-key to activate on Steam, where you download it from (the game being linked to your Steam account is a requirement so offering a download makes no sense for an online retailer). Realise that, and it becomes even more of a joke that they're asking so much for it, doesn't it? :p: Honestly, just get a hard copy...

Original post by Zerforax
Balotelli is a pain in the ass. Gets sent off (usually violent conduct) but then gets upset if warned/fined. :facepalm:
Such is life with an arse like Mario. He's got stupidly high controversy and pathetically low professionalism, sportsmanship and temperament. Amr Zaki is another one in that mould (remember how Zaki in his loan spell at Wigan kept going off on international duty with Egypt then having a little holiday and returning late?). Tevez isn't too far off it, either - sky-high controversy and rock-bottom professionalism, though his temperament is a little better...and to be honest, I think his loyalty score of 4 is a bit high. Has he had a single season where he hasn't bitched and moaned about wanting to go back to Argentina?)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Your youth recruitment might be poor. Ask the board to improve on your youth recruitment.

EDIT:youth intake means youth recruitment right?
Check your coaches, they might not be good at spotting potential or something. That might be a problem and you might just let a couple of them slip by who improve drastically.

Its my assistant manager who assess them who has the judging player ability of 20 and judging player potential of 17. Not too sure what else is wrong. Will just continue to poach youngsters from around the world :rolleyes:
Original post by Dalimyr
There should really only be one place where you can download it, and that's Steam (who to some degree are justified to charge as much as it costs for a hard copy because they've got bandwidth costs and all that which would need to be covered). Any online retailers who won't send you a physical copy of the game almost certainly won't be offering a download either - they'll give you a CD-key to activate on Steam, where you download it from (the game being linked to your Steam account is a requirement so offering a download makes no sense for an online retailer). Realise that, and it becomes even more of a joke that they're asking so much for it, doesn't it? :p: Honestly, just get a hard copy...

Such is life with an arse like Mario. He's got stupidly high controversy and pathetically low professionalism, sportsmanship and temperament. Amr Zaki is another one in that mould (remember how Zaki in his loan spell at Wigan kept going off on international duty with Egypt then having a little holiday and returning late?). Tevez isn't too far off it, either - sky-high controversy and rock-bottom professionalism, though his temperament is a little better...and to be honest, I think his loyalty score of 4 is a bit high. Has he had a single season where he hasn't bitched and moaned about wanting to go back to Argentina?)

Might have to put up with Balotelli, he's been on good form. Not really had any problems from Tevez but his wages are insane and Dzeko has been poor so I might sell both and bring in a new striker.

Latest