The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
How do you 'load all players' from a nation? It used to be fairly easy to select but I can never find it these days :beard:

Is it just making a league playable only?

Select the nations you want to play in and then click next. You can then choose the database size and there's a custom option. On there is loads of filter options and you choose to add players from a specific nation.
So if we download this patch, we lose our current save?
Reply 582
:nope: The match engine updates etc are implemented but the obvious things such as ability changes and transfers aren't.
(Oh this only counts if you download via Steam if I remember correctly).

Downloading via torrent doesn't implement any of the updates to your current save.

No matter what you can continue with your save.
Reply 583
Original post by Zerforax
So if we download this patch, we lose our current save?

Never mind. Mess^ explained it better and beat me to it.

Reason for edit: meh
(edited 13 years ago)
Starting a game with Dortmund. So little money D:
Reply 585
Who is a good experienced striker for Liverpool? Fairly cheap as I only want him for about 2 seasons as back-up and for tutoring.
Original post by Mess.
Who is a good experienced striker for Liverpool? Fairly cheap as I only want him for about 2 seasons as back-up and for tutoring.

RvN?
Reply 587
Original post by Kevmeister

Original post by Kevmeister
RvN?

:beard: Good shout. I will have to check his wages though.
Reply 588
£60,000 seems a bit too much to pay a tutor/back-up striker :unsure:
Original post by Mess.
£60,000 seems a bit too much to pay a tutor/back-up striker :unsure:

Offer him less..... there's not many good, old strikers on the game, tbh. Well not many that are available anyway.
Lucas Barrios is a DICK.
Reply 591
Liverpool A
Man City A
Man Utd H
Liverpool N (FA Cup final)
Arsenal N (CL final)

5 games where I could end up with the treble, or I could end up without a trophy*. I love this part of the season :teeth:

Got a 4 point lead over Arsenal in the league with 3 games to go, but it'll be close with those fixtures.

*Already won the Community shield, the World Club Championship and the Carling Cup, but they don't really count :colonhash:

Barrios is redeemed

Really enjoying this Dortmund save. They've got a great little team. Playing with 4-2-3-1, Hummels and Subotic the rocks at the back, Sahin and Kehl sitting in the middle, Gotze, da Silva and Blasz...the Polish lad providing the goals/assists and Barrios the spearhead. Top of the league and my Europa league group :yeah: just a there's so little to spend. Will hopefully change as I have a huuuuuge stadium.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 593
I did Dortmund when the game first game out and absolutely stormed the league as the Polish winger (set to drill crosses and give him a PPM of 'knock ball past player') and Barrios, with his unbelieveable off the ball movement creating absolute havok.

You do get a better budget in the second season. I got £25m+ from memory.

Also, check out a Brazillian youth player called Casemiro. I am playing him as a deep lying player maker with a defend function in the MCR position for Liverpool and he is absolutely storming the league. Only cost about £3.5m as well. Unbelieveable player :sogood:
Reply 594
After 45 games, Forest were 6th...

:pinch:

Happy that Swansea are in the Premiership (I'd quite like to see that in real life :smile:) but they're having a hard time of it so far - 19 games in and they've only picked up 4 points (a 1-1 draw against West Ham and a 4-0 win over Aston Villa, both of whom are currently in the top half of the table)
(edited 13 years ago)
Are journeyman careers fixed in the new patch? Please don't fail again SI :facepalm2:
Reply 596
Supposedly job offers have been fixed. But there have been a couple of reports of people being offered ridiculously high profile jobs in comparison to how they are performing.
Just read half of a single page of the 11-page Feedback thread, looks like a lot of issues and faults are still there. Not game breaking but niggles that build you up into a state of insanity.

So things still aren't fixed :erm: May not even bother with this then :sigh:
Reply 598
Can the update affect games started pre-update? As of 34 games my Spurs side had conceded 7 league goals. Update automatically installed. In my next 7 games in all comps I concede 11 goals failing to keep a clean sheet. Bizarre.

Anyways, just beat United 4-1 at home to guarantee the league title. Had a 1 point lead going into the last day and Arsenal lost to Man City so it didn't matter in the end, but it's always nice to finish well. Apart from after 30 minutes Coentrao, Bale and VDV were all taken off injured, all major doubts for the FA cup final and will be unfit for the CL final a week after :colonhash:

29 wins, 8 draws and 1 loss, 95 points. Could have been 100 but my form dropped at the end, Arsenal finished on 92 and came second. Unlucky guys. :teehee: Conceded 13 in the league and i'm annoyed that wasn't single figures :colonhash: Was on course for an unbeaten season but lost away at City in my 37th game :nopity:

Winning the treble will have to make up for it :colonhash:

£78mil in the bank and making a profit every month. Will spend a bit in the summer to go for the 100 points and that'll probably be my last season as i'm winning everything now, not too much else to achieve. Not sure whether to start a new game or take over at someone on my existing save, we'll see :beard:

Off to try and complete the treble. Wish me luck :teeth:
Reply 599
Got beaten to manager of the year by the Arsenal boss :lolwut:

Latest