The Student Room Group
Original post by Leelad
I sold Enrique to Inter for £20 million :biggrin: Probably my best sale too.

Flanagan just pisses me off tbh, the amount of yellow cards he picks up is just :facepalm2:

I sold Agger in my first season for £21 million, which allowed me to buy Seydou Doumbia. Coates and Skrtel work well together and you have Carra for cover, if you want then you can sign someone on loan as 4th choice which is what I did.

Yeh, Robinson is always suspended due to yellow card accumulation too. I let Carra go- lack of pace at times really screwed us over.
4 tough away games on the bounce and the seasons over. Screwed by the fixture list.
Reply 9942
Took the Honduras U23 role as just an extra little challange in my Liverpool game. 1st game in the qualifiers was against Mexico and I got off to a good start with a 3-1 win.
What makes it difficult is that you can't take any players that are in the main squad, so I have hardly any of the decent youngsters. I'm hoping when it comes to the main tournament they'll let me have my choice of players
Reply 9943
Despite back to back 6-0 defeats to myself and Chelsea, Spurs have just won their second Premier League.

Leandro Damiao scored 41 goals :colonhash:

Almost double what Doumbia got :ashamed2:
:awesome: Almost a new thread! :teeth:

Just started the £50m challenge :h:
50M challenge?

Signed Thiago from Barca for 16m. Thought, he'll play second fiddle to Wilshere. I play Wilshere in the Community Shield against QPR for 66 minutes, at which point Thiago comes on. He proceeds to score with his first touch, gets an assist and then scores again. Mr. Wilshere you are a club icon at only 22 years of age, but I'm afraid your guaranteed start is now in jeopardy.
Reply 9946
Original post by Thegoodleftundone
50M challenge?

Signed Thiago from Barca for 16m. Thought, he'll play second fiddle to Wilshere. I play Wilshere in the Community Shield against QPR for 66 minutes, at which point Thiago comes on. He proceeds to score with his first touch, gets an assist and then scores again. Mr. Wilshere you are a club icon at only 22 years of age, but I'm afraid your guaranteed start is now in jeopardy.

A user edited game where i think wigan are removed from the prem league and a blank team put in their place. You have to select survive relegation as season target and you get a 50m budget to build a team and survive the drop over the season
Original post by Stirlo
A user edited game where i think wigan are removed from the prem league and a blank team put in their place. You have to select survive relegation as season target and you get a 50m budget to build a team and survive the drop over the season

I definitely want to try this, are the club's finances supposed to be good enough to support a push for the League/CL in the years after surviving the drop?

First game of the season, Thiago gets 2 assists, sub him off for Wilshere on the hour, comes on and gets a goal and assist. This is best problem ever. Was only against Blackpool but tbf we were down to 10 almost instantly coughBocchetticough.
Reply 9948
Original post by Thegoodleftundone
I definitely want to try this, are the club's finances supposed to be good enough to support a push for the League/CL in the years after surviving the drop?

First game of the season, Thiago gets 2 assists, sub him off for Wilshere on the hour, comes on and gets a goal and assist. This is best problem ever. Was only against Blackpool but tbf we were down to 10 almost instantly coughBocchetticough.

They probably are looking at the budget you get if you select title challenge in the first season. But the aim really is to just play for a single season and beat the drop, that's all i've done with it so can't say for definite
Anyone know of a left midfielder who'd work as a defensive winger??

I think I might leave Lokomotiv at the end of this current season, which I have just begun. Winning the league isn't too difficult (CSKA provide the only genuine challenge). Trying to make them competitive on the European front, however, is, due to the regressive squad restrictions: I have to exclude quality players from my matchday squads because you're required to include two U-20 Homegrown players on the bench, which, seeing as my youth facilities aren't yet up to standard, means two potentially vital spots are filled by two players who shouldn't even be at the club, let alone in the squad. It's so frustrating.

Looks great fun!
It reminds me of LMA Manager 2005 & 2007 where you could create a team and put them into the Premier League.

Although I recently did a clear out with Swansea on a network game where I had 20 ins in one summer! :colondollar:
Reply 9953
Won the Champions League with Liverpool :banana: :dance:

11 trophies in 9 years now thanks to a 2-0 win over Arsenal in the FA Cup earlier on this season.

Still only an icon though. :colonhash:
Scott Dann just got a 2.7 rating for me :eek:
Original post by Angry cucumber

Alba? Alaba?
Original post by shaun12345
Scott Dann just got a 2.7 rating for me :eek:

Really? :zomg: I hope you fined the bastard! Though I question why you didn't sub him out of the game :holmes:
Original post by Angry cucumber

Dunno how good you want this player to be but if you have the MLS loaded look at Brek Shea
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Really? :zomg: I hope you fined the bastard! Though I question why you didn't sub him out of the game :holmes:

Were 2-0 down to Man Utd (In addition to being 2-1 down from 1st leg, CC) so had made 3 changes then went pretty much gung ho and conceded a further 4. Scored 2 so it wasn't all bad
I achieved my personal best disciplinary record of 93 yellow cards and 8 reds in a season as portsmouth. I didn't even set tackling to hard...

And to reward me my board has cut my wage bill by £15k meaning I will have to sell people from my tiny squad.

£57k a week wage bill to stay in the championship. When I first started I had £200k a week.

Latest