The Student Room Group
Original post by shaun12345
Were 2-0 down to Man Utd (In addition to being 2-1 down from 1st leg, CC) so had made 3 changes then went pretty much gung ho and conceded a further 4. Scored 2 so it wasn't all bad

Ah, that makes sense. Mmm, 2.7 is really, really low.
Beat Benfica in the CL semi's 7-0 on aggregate on my Arsenal save :awesome:

OM had beat Barca 4-0 in the first leg at Camp Nou, was so happy to be getting them :h:

Then Barca won 6-0 in Marseille :sad:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Anyone know of a left midfielder who'd work as a defensive winger??

Zhirkov (sp)? Olsson?
Do people stick to players recommended roles and duties? I seem to religiously :/
Had a crazy champions league knockout, having to face Chelsea in the quarters, Aston Villa in the Semi's and finally beating Man City on penalties in the final!
Original post by jackf1337
Do people stick to players recommended roles and duties? I seem to religiously :/

Roles, yes. Duties, hell no. I'd spend too much time adjusting the duties to suit the players, as each player is different. As in, if they can play AM as a natural position then I expect them to play that role no matter what.

I have several players for each position, adjusting it to suit would drive me even more crazy than I currently am. :colondollar:
Original post by Kevmeister
Roles, yes. Duties, hell no. I'd spend too much time adjusting the duties to suit the players, as each player is different. As in, if they can play AM as a natural position then I expect them to play that role no matter what.

I have several players for each position, adjusting it to suit would drive me even more crazy than I currently am. :colondollar:

I have the roles/duties almost memorised for my current squad so I tend to adjust every time I switch a player :L Although I normally buy similar players, so DLP/BWM in midfield, attacking wingers, BPD and CD in defence. I'll go with whatever upfront as strikers are mainly poachers and it's difficult to pick and choose.
Original post by shaun12345
Zhirkov (sp)? Olsson?

Zhirkov is quite old... and Olsson as in Martin Olsson... he plays in the championship on my save.... :redface:

Original post by jackf1337
Dunno how good you want this player to be but if you have the MLS loaded look at Brek Shea

Sorry forgot to say, I'm Liverpool :smile:

Original post by Kevmeister
Alba? Alaba?

I'll definitely check out Alaba.. however Alba; I'm reasonably sure is a Barca player now... even winning the Prem 2 years running and winning the champions league... I don't think I'll be able to pinch Alba :tongue:
Journeyman Careers FTW!
Currently playing as Santo Andre in the 3rd division of Brazil :biggrin:
Original post by Angry cucumber

Sorry forgot to say, I'm Liverpool :smile:

Ohh right :smile: He's probably only championship standard to be honest.
Could've signed a 29 year old Walcott. Still looked pretty good and was what I needed on the wings. Met all contract negotiations and the agent wouldn't shift on a £2.7m loyalty bonus (I could only afford £2.5m) and withdrew -_-

Edit:

Signed him in the end, along with Samba and a few youngsters.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9971
You bastards. All afternoon I was waiting for you to reach 10k so I could close this thread and start a new one, and you finally spammed it up after I'd disappeared for the night. Anyway, new thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2099789

Latest