The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If I never play against Van der Vaart again it'll be too ****ing soon. He scored 4 absolute screamers against me over 2 legs! Four!. So dam annoying. If it wasn't for him I would have breezed past Tottenham, but as it is I went out on ****ing away goals and now its going to be even harder to keep hold of my best players in the summer :frown:
Reply 1381
Original post by Llamageddon
send scouts to the area and search the big clubs yourself for "yth" players with high (>£1m) price tags attached.

Clubs like newells, cruzeiro, sao paulo, internacional etc. Find a player that stands out and get your top scout to file a report on him.
If you're manually going through the clubs when the regens come up then why waste your time with sending scouts there to do random searching? Send them to whatever country you want to look for more established players that you might be interested in, and when the regens come up get all of your scouts to head off to Argentina/Brazil/Mexico/whatever to check out the new crop of young players.

Original post by neillya1
The more I play this game, the more I'm convinced that the results are pre-determined before the match, and tactical changes in the match merely decide how one-way the result is....

Example, playing as Cardiff against Barnsley - pre-match odds say I should comfortably win. Unbeaten in 6 matches.

Save before the game then quit and re-play it 4 times.

Every time is a loss, regardless of formation used/players used. 4-3, 3-1, 1-0, 2-1 losses.

Every single match the same player gives away a penalty, which is always scored.

Every single match 6 players are booked.

Every single match my striker has a rating of 5.80

I'm not saying it's like that for all matches, but it does seem some are just decided and can't be changed....

Going to try this another 4 times and see what happens. There's no way a team unbeaten in 6 who have scored the most goals in the league and conceded the least can lose to a team who have lost their past 4 matches and are odds on favourites to lose......
Overconfidence/complacency is to blame here, I reckon. Pick your line-up and before kickoff have a look at your assistant's comments. Because you're unbeaten in six your players are probably feeling overconfident, which would lead to complacency. In general if my assistant mentions that a few players (singling out one or two names) are looking cocky/overconfident, I stick with whatever talk I was going to give but use "Expect a win" for the one or two specifically named; if he implies that the majority of the team are overconfident, I use "Expect a win" as the team talk...you'd probably be best taking whatever you get from the Barnsley game and using the post-match talk to drill into them not to get complacent, try to get their feet back on the ground, otherwise a run of poor results is always a possibility.
Currently 2024 and there are some amazing players! Alberto Della Rocca is on about two goals a game. Winning got boring and I'm desperate to manage an international team but I've just moved to a struggling Man City (of all teams) from Barca. All this on my iPhone
Original post by Dalimyr
If you're manually going through the clubs when the regens come up then why waste your time with sending scouts there to do random searching? Send them to whatever country you want to look for more established players that you might be interested in, and when the regens come up get all of your scouts to head off to Argentina/Brazil/Mexico/whatever to check out the new crop of young players.
Mostly because I can miss players who are brilliant, you can file a player report whilst scouting an area and I tend to have a lot of scouts anyway.

Basically checking every club is too much a test of my patience.

edit: retrained a few people to "natural" status yesterday. wondering if I can take them off training in that position and just have them play in it instead and have them keep the status, or will it revert back?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1384

Mostly because I can miss players who are brilliant, you can file a player report whilst scouting an area and I tend to have a lot of scouts anyway.

Basically checking every club is too much a test of my patience.

edit: retrained a few people to "natural" status yesterday. wondering if I can take them off training in that position and just have them play in it instead and have them keep the status, or will it revert back?
So long as they're playing there regularly I think they'll remain natural :smile:
Reply 1385
Original post by Dalimyr

Original post by Dalimyr
So long as they're playing there regularly I think they'll remain natural :smile:

Didn't work for me with Neymar. Played him as an AML whilst training there for two seasons. Finally became a natural. Took him off the training. Played him there the next game. Checked after the game and he was back to accomplished :sigh:
Original post by Mess.

Original post by Mess.
Didn't work for me with Neymar. Played him as an AML whilst training there for two seasons. Finally became a natural. Took him off the training. Played him there the next game. Checked after the game and he was back to accomplished :sigh:

Depends on the versatility. If they're versatile it'll stay there.

It's a regen. 4* atm with 4.5* potential so he should still improve.

The trick is to permanently keep 2 scouts in both brazil and argentina and to also check the big teams on the nations regen dates. It's fairly easy to tell if a brazilian or argentinian is going to be good because by the time you find them they already will be.

I've got two regens with 4.5 potential. I can't get any 5* regens. I have the two best attacking regens in the game.
I did get a random one from dinamo kyiv but he was south korean I went to best players in the country. He's a great player, probably would have got my blackpool team first if my strikers were competent but he was a midfielder.
I bought him for chelsea.
(edited 12 years ago)
anyone know how many game a palyer expects to play depending on squad status

like is 30 enough for a first team
20 for rotation etc
Anyone have any experience of playing Mario Gomes, not really sure how to get the best out of him.
i dont believe it got to November winning every game in every compitetion with out doing the whole save load thing cheat thing some people do as liverpool

then forgot to check my assistant report start game check 'gervinho believes current form is enough to win this game' thats when i new things where bad so the start of my badluck began with west brom in a 2-1 defeat away i know cant seem to even draw :frown:
Reply 1391
Prices some teams want are ridiculous, 30 million for rodwell :facepalm2:
Original post by TM94

i hate to disappoint you but these days id say that's right

prices in the modern game i've hit the roof especially for youngster who have the potential to be world class 30/40 million for a high end or soon to be high end player is becoming more and more the norm
Original post by TM94

Original post by kopite493
i hate to disappoint you but these days id say that's right

prices in the modern game i've hit the roof especially for youngster who have the potential to be world class 30/40 million for a high end or soon to be high end player is becoming more and more the norm

no way would I ever go for him at that price though.
Original post by TM94

You think that's bad?

Arsenal wanted £93m for Gibbs! :eek:
Spurs wanted £72m for Bale
Utd want £70m+ for Smalling and Rafael......

Crazy money, I just stick to lesser known players with similar stats.
Original post by dnumberwang
no way would I ever go for him at that price though.

me neither but realistically that is what id say a club will be paying for him

for a number of reasons

1)the above stated inflation reason
2)everton need the money
3)everton will want to use sed money to buy a new squad of below-average footballers

n lol i get bale for 25 mil you got to haggle
This is the only way to play :colonhash:

Reply 1397
Original post by neillya1
You think that's bad?

Arsenal wanted £93m for Gibbs! :eek:
Spurs wanted £72m for Bale
Utd want £70m+ for Smalling and Rafael......

Crazy money, I just stick to lesser known players with similar stats.

I never normally buy anyone over 20m, think its more fun trying to work within a realistic budget.
Reply 1398
Original post by dnumberwang
This is the only way to play :colonhash:

matias fernandez is an fm god :adore:
Original post by TM94
I never normally buy anyone over 20m, think its more fun trying to work within a realistic budget.

I'd kill for a 20m budget :tongue:

With Cardiff now, finances are out of control, were 13th in the Championship when I joined, now 2nd after 3 months, but the budget is crazy. £150k/week wages budget, spending £220k. £0 transfer budget. Players won't take pay cuts, no one will buy them, board won't let me release them.... previous manager ****ed up real bad.

On the upside, I managed to sign Michael Owen after a lot of haggling on a free :colondollar:

Latest