The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wish I'd never taken over at Chelsea. They're all dull geriatrics.
Is it just my football manager, or does Yaya Sanogo score more goals than appearances? Scored almost 60 goals last season. Beat my regen player by 10 goals for league top goal scorer, and my player got 2nd for everything besides young player because he wasn't eligible, my other regen got first anyway. It's boring with chelsea, won the double (fa cup and champions league) in my first season. I'm trying to win the quadruple. I've won community shield, wanna win world club cup and then the quadruple, when I do that I'll quit chelsea and go to another team, maybe blackpool again or go to a struggling championship team. I wanna get to 2050 in FM 11. I'm only in 2021.
Original post by Seanisonfire

Wish I'd never taken over at Chelsea. They're all dull geriatrics.

It's too easy with a budget of 50 million minusing wage budgets.
Continuing with my sell all players once they start ageing almost backfired spectacularly this season. Ended up with 6/7 U20's playing 25+ games and managed to win Serie A by 1 point and somehow the Champions League.

Very happy at winning the Euro's with Italy after being expected to reach the Quarters only due to a not great team. Ended up having easy games throughout though. Turkey, Russia, Scotland and Romania in the finals were my knockout games :tongue:

Still waiting for my stadium. Board options still greyed out as board is "currently planning to build new stadium" 4 seasons at 97%+ attendance and still nothing :mad:
Original post by dnumberwang
When you beat the bitters 5-1 thanks to four goals from your new striker, signed on a free transfer :sogood:

I love how this player has already become one of Manchester United's favoured personnel. He's only played 10 games in United shirt but scoring 4 at Wastelands is good enough I suppose
Original post by jesusandtequila
FM11, Leeds United - FA Cup Winners and 4th in the Prem, May 2015. What a brilliant season, fighting with Liverpool all season for that 4th spot, and clinched it by beating Man City on the final day - as Liverpool lost to Sunderland. Huzzah. I'm still convinced this would have been a much quicker rise if it weren't for my interfering board.
Playing as Leeds too (in 18/19 season). Really not noticed the board being interfering. Had a takeover?

If my board started accepting inflated bids for my star players I'd either quit the save or move clubs. It's just about the most annoying thing a board can do short of sacking you (which they almost did last season when I was languishing in 12th after a dire run of form mixed with heavy injuries 14 games in).
Original post by jam277

Original post by jam277
It's too easy with a budget of 50 million minusing wage budgets.

Meh, I quit Porto and they came begging. Would have been rude to refuse that beautiful cash. But they're a good project I suppose, they're way over-reliant on Lampard and Terry who are in their mid-30s. Along with lots of other oldies, they're ripe for a re-moulding. But it doesn't help that they bought Darren Bent just before I came :nothing:
Reply 1587
FM 11 currently with West Ham.League Cup and FA Cup winners 1st in Prem, May 2015 and Europa league winners unbeaten all season now i got try and win the Champions League next season. All i got to worry about is that my striker Kevin Gameiro who scored 33 goals is wanted by inter,Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Reply 1588
Original post by neillya1

Original post by neillya1
Some of the post-match comments make no sense at all!

:lolwut:
Report it as a bug on SI's forums (they'll probably ask for you to upload the save as well) and they should fix it for FM12. This was one I reported in FM10 which was fixed for the 10.3 patch:
Man Utd ease to 3 - 0 win
Dundee United 0 - 3 Manchester United (Friendly)

Despite Manchester United's comfortable 3 - 0 victory over minnows Dundee United, some pundits were unimpressed with the manner of victory, with the underdogs causing Man Utd far more problems than had been expected. A brace from Wayne Rooney helped Man Utd to victory.

Striker Wayne Rooney gave Man Utd the lead with a freak goal in the 28th minute. The striker went on to complete his hat-trick with a powerful effort on 44 minutes.

Flamboyant winger Antonio Valencia completed the rout with a real poacher's effort on 80 minutes.

Attendance: 14126
Yep, in a 3-0 win where both Rooney and Valencia scored, Rooney somehow scored a hat-trick :rofl:
Won the league by a point from Chelsea, only needed 75 points. :king2:

Soldado finished with 24 goals and 12 assists in the league, what a hero. :sogood:

My 18 y/o CB already has 7 caps for Holland. :coma:

Unfortunately I'm back at home for a couple of days (waiting to have my cast taken off) so can't play. :sad:
Original post by Dalimyr
Report it as a bug on SI's forums (they'll probably ask for you to upload the save as well) and they should fix it for FM12. This was one I reported in FM10 which was fixed for the 10.3 patch:
Yep, in a 3-0 win where both Rooney and Valencia scored, Rooney somehow scored a hat-trick :rofl:

:rofl: At least they fixed it :h:

I'll do that now, thanks :smile:
The post-match reports are always wrong on my game

Meh, I quit Porto and they came begging. Would have been rude to refuse that beautiful cash. But they're a good project I suppose, they're way over-reliant on Lampard and Terry who are in their mid-30s. Along with lots of other oldies, they're ripe for a re-moulding. But it doesn't help that they bought Darren Bent just before I came :nothing:

Terry is a coach in my game. My team of non regens last season in the 2020-2021 season were.
Joe Hart, marcelo(just retired), dejan lovren, tomas kalas, mario fernandes
moussa sissoko, andrea poli, jonjo shelvey
neymar, necid, eren derdiyok.
Everyone besides derdiyok was in the first team. So the average age was around 31 or something. I did sort out the age thing though. I'm using some reserve players, and I have a young replacement for every player on the pitch. I always use Sissoko because he's the vice captain and shelvey too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Llamageddon
Playing as Leeds too (in 18/19 season). Really not noticed the board being interfering. Had a takeover?

If my board started accepting inflated bids for my star players I'd either quit the save or move clubs. It's just about the most annoying thing a board can do short of sacking you (which they almost did last season when I was languishing in 12th after a dire run of form mixed with heavy injuries 14 games in).

Aye, had a takeover by one of the directors, Yvonne Allen. They sold my regen centre-back pre-season at the last minute, letting me keep 25% of the revenue, so I replaced them, then did the same with another one in January, so I resigned.

2 months later, I've ended up in Milano, at A.C. - we'll see how it goes.
When do you think it is time to start a new game( how many years in)?
Original post by jam277
When do you think it is time to start a new game( how many years in)?

I generally don't, I just resign when I'm bored, apply for all jobs and take the first job, makes a new challenge, otherwise you start again, buy the same players and end up doing the same thing with different clubs. The regen system keeps it fresh.
Reply 1596
When you get bored and don't want to continue the save anymore. I normally flit between different saves, my attention span is awful though.
(edited 12 years ago)
What I generally do is after the initial fun of having the new FM and checking new players stats etc. is holiday and then start. Regens are so much better stops you just going after the Hazard's and such.
I quit Chelsea. They were boring, but they were winning. Then they stopped winning and the team was so turgid I just couldn't bear it any longer. I saw Ferguson was retiring so holidayed until the day he retired and snatched the Man Utd job :h: but then the Barcelona job came up and I actually had to decide. 125m transfer kitty! Jesus. Man Utd couldnt offer me as much but I've never done a Man Utd save, so it had to be done. Was nice to have them fighting over me though. I delayed the Man Utd job and they came back with a much improved transfer kitty :ahee: But then the Barcelona came back to me and asked me again with their puppyeyes...but I had to say no. Brought in Adler :yeah: but finding a decent right back that doesn't cost the earth is proving difficult. Even Kyle Walker is 15m+ ffs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Got a game with Southend started and after doing a smash and grab at Burton Albion (dominated the whole game then my RB bangs in the winner in the 92nd minute), I'm on a 7 game losing streak and it doesn't help when most of my star players are out injured especially Rhys Murphy from Arsenal, who's out for 4 months.

Latest