The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges

Want.

Heard about that a couple months ago, looks awesome. Based on a true (and pretty interesting) story too
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Heard about that a couple months ago, looks awesome. Based on a true (and pretty interesting) story too

Loosely based. In the real life story, the guy wasn't given enough time, failed to rob the bank anyway, and got a hole blown in his chest.
Original post by Jingers
Apologies if this has been posted before:

It would be funnier if the grammar and spelling was right.

/pedant
Original post by cambo211
It would be funnier if the grammar and spelling was right.

/pedant

:ditto:
I just watched Sex, Lies, and Videotape.

It makes me sad to say this, but I was pretty damn bored the entire time :frown:
Reply 1985
Help me decide what to watch tonight.

Saw VI, Whip It (on Sky right now) or Limitless, Unknown, Red Riding Hood (on my computer).
Original post by Roobsa
Help me decide what to watch tonight.

Saw VI, Whip It (on Sky right now) or Limitless, Unknown, Red Riding Hood (on my computer).

Not Red Riding Hood although Amanda Seyfried's great. Not Saw (yeahh I am a bit biased against it but hey) - Limitless, it's actually pretty good
Reply 1987
Not Red Riding Hood although Amanda Seyfried's great. Not Saw (yeahh I am a bit biased against it but hey) - Limitless, it's actually pretty good

Limitless it is!
Two pieces of trivia I've learnt today:

1. Because Die Hard is based on a book sequel and the original had been made into the film The Detective, the filmmakers were contractually obliged to first offer the role of John McClane to the star of that film, Frank Sinatra, who was 76 at the time.

2. James Woods fired his agent after hearing that he'd been offered a role in Reservoir Dogs but wasn't told about it.
Two pieces of trivia I've learnt today:

1. Because Die Hard is based on a book sequel and the original had been made into the film The Detective, the filmmakers were contractually obliged to first offer the role of John McClane to the star of that film, Frank Sinatra, who was 76 at the time.

2. James Woods fired his agent after hearing that he'd been offered a role in Reservoir Dogs but wasn't told about it.

He would have been amazing in RD!
Does anyone remember the trailer to that foreign animated film that was posted here a while ago? It concerned some chosen ones or geniuses, and how one had to stand against the rest. It looked really good. Don't know the name of it, or what became of it.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Does anyone remember the trailer to that foreign animated film that was posted here a while ago? It concerned some chosen ones or geniuses, and how one had to stand against the rest. It looked really good. Don't know the name of it, or what became of it.

I remember posting it, I think it was French and set in New York. I'll have a quick look...

Oh hello:

Apparently it was at Cannes: http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2011/05/cannes-2011-the-prodigies-review.php

I'm so impressed with my memory right now.
Oh hello:

Apparently it was at Cannes: http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2011/05/cannes-2011-the-prodigies-review.php

I'm so impressed with my memory right now.

Aha, brilliant. Yeah, that looked good. At least until I read that review, doesn't seem too happy with the film.
Original post by zjs
I think it'd be cool to look back on how awful Tron was, despite the hype some people attached to it. :pierre:

Tron is a taboo subject around here. I don't think it's safe to tease him. Doctor says he has not fully recovered. :pierre:

Original post by zjs
I think this is is the biggest factor. My whole life for the past five or six weeks has been taken up with exams and the need to revise for finals, or the need to stop procrastinating.

If it's like the last two years, it'll be a few days into July. You?

So apart from graduation, you're done with university? Must be a scary feeling.

7th or 8th of June.

Yeah like the Matrix, Lord of the rings, just have discussions on certain films in the trilogies or the whole trilogy. Feel free to spearhead it :tongue:

What trilogy? Matrix doesn't have a trilogy.
(edited 12 years ago)

What trilogy? Matrix doesn't have a trilogy.

You are correct; to classify it as a trilogy ignores it's series of animated stories.
x

Was it you that was complaining about how video game reviews break things down too much, without looking at the whole? You might find this interesting. You might find it interesting even if I'm thinking of someone completely different :colondollar:
]http://poptimal.com/2011/05/priest-movie-review-a-god-awful-mess/

Priest review.... can't say I'm surprised, still want to see it anyway
Takashi Miike (the guy behind Audition and Ichi the Killer) has been confirmed as the director of a live action adaptation of Phoenix Wright. Very odd.
Takashi Miike (the guy behind Audition and Ichi the Killer) has been confirmed as the director of a live action adaptation of Phoenix Wright. Very odd.

LOL yeah my gf and I were discussing this the other day... I've seen Audition and Ichi The Killer and I'm currently playing Ace Attorney 2 so... I see very little correlation here! He's calling it a "light comedy" apparently, which from him just means that we'll see all the murders graphically I imagine.

Quick Reply

Latest