The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Official University of Roehampton Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Roehampton Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Roehampton.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
With the UCAS deadline approaching this month, are there any questions that you might have regarding Roehampton? If it's course related or just about university life in general, feel free to ask us anything!
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by Roehampton Katie
With the UCAS deadline approaching this month, are there any questions that you might have regarding Roehampton? If it's course related or just about university life in general, feel free to ask us anything!

Bit of a random one... but I've applied for adult nursing for this February and I was wondering what time lectures would mostly start in the mornings? I know that some unis are different with this, some are 9am, some 9.30am and others 10am. Would be useful to know!

Thanks 🙂

I am currently doing a Level 3 Extended Btec Diploma in IT and i wish to know if this course is accepted for the computer science course as the websites says a wide variety of courses would be considered
I also have waec(an equivalent) in place of Gcse's and i was told by my college that it would be accepted just making sure this is true
Original post by philthepat23
Bit of a random one... but I've applied for adult nursing for this February and I was wondering what time lectures would mostly start in the mornings? I know that some unis are different with this, some are 9am, some 9.30am and others 10am. Would be useful to know!

Thanks 🙂

Hi @philthepat23,

I am just finding this out for you! Will hopefully have an answer by tomorrow!

Thank you,

Roehampton
Original post by philthepat23

Thanks 🙂

Hi @philthepat23

Generally the teaching day starts at 9:30.
Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Roehampton
Original post by overjoyed-domici
I am currently doing a Level 3 Extended Btec Diploma in IT and i wish to know if this course is accepted for the computer science course as the websites says a wide variety of courses would be considered
I also have waec(an equivalent) in place of Gcse's and i was told by my college that it would be accepted just making sure this is true

Hi @overjoyed-domici,

I have checked with our recruitment team and they have confirmed that your course does meet the entry criteria for Computer Science!

We accept UCAS points from BTECs, you can use the UCAS Calculator to find out how many points your BTEC carries. For example, if it is a Pearsons BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF), then a DMM will give you the 112 points Roehampton requires. We do not have any level 2 requirements for this course, so what your college said is correct!

Hope this helps!

Best of luck,

Roehampton

Hello,

I am applying for the Bachelor's in Film Production.

I want to ask about the admissions criteria for applicants.

What are the admissions decisions based on and how can I present myself as a strong candidate?

I have three A-levels and the SAT from College Board in the United States.

Is there anything else I need to make a competitive application?

For example, will I have to submit a portfolio?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hello, i am an undergraduate who applied for Business management with economics, i am wondering is it a popular course at this uni, and is the job prospectus good from this course.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,

What are the admissions decisions based on and how can I present myself as a strong candidate?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi!

I am just finding this out for you, will hopefully know by next week!

Thank you,

Katie- Roehampton Rep
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi!

Sorry for the delay!

There is no portfolio or selection for the Film Production programme other than the 112 UCAS points or 64 for foundation year. However, it is recommended to have studied Film or Media at A-level or have a B-Tech in Audiovisual or equivalent, but this isn't compulsory.

Here is the email of the course Convener for BA Film Production if you'd like some extra advice!
[email protected]

Katie- Roehampton Rep
Hi!

I am just finding this out for you, will hopefully know by next week!

Thank you,

Katie- Roehampton Rep

Thank you !
Original post by Kiarnasmith
Hello, i am an undergraduate who applied for Business management with economics, i am wondering is it a popular course at this uni, and is the job prospectus good from this course.

Hi @Kiarnasmith

Business Management with Economics is a popular degree at Roehampton. Its job prospects can be excellent across banking and economics but your success often hinges on your engagement with the degree programme and utilisation of career services.

There is the option of a one-year work placement after year two, giving your career a head-start and the opportunity to make valuable connections. The programme is also dual accredited to a CMI qualification making Business Management and Economics the ideal launchpad for careers in financial services, management consultancy, risk anlaysis and economic think tanks.

I hope this helps!

Katie- Roehampton Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending