The Student Room Group

A-level German Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the A-level German Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - German 7762

Edexcel - German 9GN0

OCR- Modern Foreign Languages

WJEC - German

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Reply 2
Does anyone know some German websites for studying Der Besuch der alten Dame? I'm trying to find German notes on character analysis
Reply 3
Hey, I studied this book in year 11 when I was at a German school. I would have to look for the resources, but I remember having so many sheets on this book
Original post by scheu53
Does anyone know some German websites for studying Der Besuch der alten Dame? I'm trying to find German notes on character analysis
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get high marks on german/languages film and book essays? - my teacher has said I need to include my own opinion more, but not much else, if anyone has any top tips would be v thankful! :smile:
Original post by beccacrw
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get high marks on german/languages film and book essays? - my teacher has said I need to include my own opinion more, but not much else, if anyone has any top tips would be v thankful! :smile:

always back what you are saying with evidence from the book/film. That doesnt necessarily mean exact quotes (you can use quotes of course) but if you are writing something think about where in the book/film this is shown. long story short always refer back to book/film
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Original post by lol2468
always back what you are saying with evidence from the book/film. That doesnt necessarily mean exact quotes (you can use quotes of course) but if you are writing something think about where in the book/film this is shown. long story short always refer back to book/film

Evidence is a MUST.
If you have the time, investigate the author/director and compare the book/film to other works.
This will show you have good background knowledge and will give your essay more credibility.
Reply 7
Hi, just wondering if anyone has some good resources or tips for revising for Goodbye Lenin? Especially practice questions for the essay would be really helpful! :smile:
Original post by scheu53

I know this is so late, but I’ve been using this website:
https://www.gradesaver.com/the-visit/study-guide/character-list#schoolmaster
Hope it helps (sorry the link jumps straight to the teacher but you can just scroll to see the other charas)
Reply 9
Hello, I am aware that this thread is not so active anymore but has anyone any kind of revision notes on 'Das Wunder von Bern' ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending