The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Made an agreement with some friends. I'll go see Hangover 2 tomorrow if they see X-Men: First Class the week after. There's also Super 8 the week after, need to persuade some people or I may have to bite the bullet and go see that alone. I'm giving Pirates of the Caribbean a miss.

Also, The Hobbit titles and release dates have been officially announced.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - December 14, 2012.
The Hobbit: There and Back Again - December 13, 2013.
Reply 2121
Do want.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Made an agreement with some friends. I'll go see Hangover 2 tomorrow if they see X-Men: First Class the week after. There's also Super 8 the week after, need to persuade some people or I may have to bite the bullet and go see that alone. I'm giving Pirates of the Caribbean a miss.

Ape, I'm sorry to tell you. Super 8 has been pushed back to August. :console:

How could you POSSIBLY be in a position where you have to go see Super 8 alone?! I feel for you man :/
Original post by Madjackismad
Ape, I'm sorry to tell you. Super 8 has been pushed back to August. :console:

FFS. :sad:

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
How could you POSSIBLY be in a position where you have to go see Super 8 alone?! I feel for you man :/

They don't quite share the same taste in films. They're type of people that would go see 'Predators' and think it a good film with Inception being a mediocre and confusing film. I don't think they would quite see the appeal of Super 8. They do like the look of and want to see Cowboys vs Aliens, that's at least one redeeming factor.
(edited 12 years ago)
FFS. :sad:

They don't quite share the same taste in films. They're type of people that would go see 'Predators' and think it a good film with Inception being a mediocre and confusing film. I don't think they would quite see the appeal of Super 8. They do like the look of and want to see Cowboys vs Aliens, that's at least one redeeming factor.

Yeah at least you get CvA lol. I'm lucky to have a dad, best friend and girlfriend who together make up almost my entire film taste! That it all apart from gangster movies :frown: I mostly have to do them alone.

OTOH was Predators as bad as I've heard?

Aaaaaaaaand what are people's thoughts on The Tree Of Life?
(edited 12 years ago)
Going to see Senna this week instead of X-Men.
Reply 2127
Watched my first film in ages last night: Jim Sheridan's The Boxer, starring Daniel Day-Lewis and Emily Watson. I quite enjoyed it - Day-Lewis is as brilliant as ever - but more than anything, it was such a relief to watch a movie again. :biggrin:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Yeah at least you get CvA lol. I'm lucky to have a dad, best friend and girlfriend who together make up almost my entire film taste! That it all apart from gangster movies :frown: I mostly have to do them alone.

OTOH was Predators as bad as I've heard?

Aaaaaaaaand what are people's thoughts on The Tree Of Life?

Predators is alright if enjoyed the original. A little better than Predator 2 anyway.

Going by the trailer and people's comments? Tree of Life looks like it's going to be the most overrated film of 2011. Everybody will be blowing their load on the cinema screen when the credits roll. Even women.
Di Caprio never died in Titanic, The end scene of Titanic is of him going underwater. The beginning scene of Inception is him waking up on a beach.

Its like a movie within a movie...

^^ Just felt like a BAWS sayin' that.. :cool:
Fed up of hearing that now :colonhash:
REALLY want to go and see X-Men today. :puppyeyes:
Original post by samyakatack

Original post by samyakatack
Di Caprio never died in Titanic, The end scene of Titanic is of him going underwater. The beginning scene of Inception is him waking up on a beach.

Its like a movie within a movie...

^^ Just felt like a BAWS sayin' that.. :cool:

It was also impossible for the Titanic to sink. Therefore that whole film must have been a dream.
Grr trying to edit my sig but it seems they've changed the rules on it so I have to significantly shorten it now or leave it the same :frown:
Pirates 4 is good comepletely different story line to the last films though which is good in its own way. Plus no confusing unresolved cliffhangers apart from how long its been between pirates 3 and 4.
Original post by JessicaW
REALLY want to go and see X-Men today. :puppyeyes:

Saaame, looks great. Though it has been pointed out that Beast looks a bit odd, that may be the only negative from the film (or not, will have to find out)

Oh and just a month till Transformers dark of the moon... so hyped for that
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Saaame, looks great. Though it has been pointed out that Beast looks a bit odd, that may be the only negative from the film (or not, will have to find out)

Oh and just a month till Transformers dark of the moon... so hyped for that

Odd in what way?

Really? I couldn't be less hyped for it if I tried. The last one was a pile of ****. :colonhash:
Original post by channy
Suprised

Original post by JessicaW
Odd in what way?

Really? I couldn't be less hyped for it if I tried. The last one was a pile of ****. :colonhash:

TBF Michael Bay, the most trustworthy filmmaker of modern times, has admitted that the last one was *insert other word for testes* and that this one is going to be much better...

Yeah sure, Michael, and this new girl doesn't look as slutty as Megan Fox does she?

The girl we'll all deny is British soon enough

jus saw x-men. was amazing. defintaly the best movie seen this year, and probably the best superhero prequel ever.

coming from a superhero geek!

Quick Reply

Latest