The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Why does Basher from Ocean's Eleven have such a terrible English accent and use of slang? It completely boggles my mind, the whole film seems to be so concerned with looking stylish and cool, and then there's just a knicker-loving plonker strolling through the scenes. Who decided that would be a good idea?
Original post by S-man10
Harry Potter has gotta have the ****test end to any film series ever made ffs :colonhash:

nah that would go to 4.3.2.1 or Sucker punch imo anyway

no one talking about the golden globes : o I'll assume no one's watched it/doesn't care
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Original post by lukejoshjedi
no one talking about the golden globes : o I'll assume no one's watched it/doesn't care

If we took a TSR poll of people's favourite films there would probably be just as many voters as there are for the globes, and they would probably be just as informed. I find myself struggling to care about it just because there's a lot of money involved.
Original post by Phalanges
If we took a TSR poll of people's favourite films there would probably be just as many voters as there are for the globes, and they would probably be just as informed. I find myself struggling to care about it just because there's a lot of money involved.

yeah fair enough, btw when you say that, do you mean in terms of there being so many high paid A-list actors? And imo the GGs' just genuinely aren't that interesting to watch these days, considered staying up to watch it but just couldn't be bothered, I possibly would for the Oscars though

Ricky Gervais hosting was something I looked forward to but apart from that not much, predicted there wouldn't be any shock wins or anything

if anyone did watch it, was it interesting?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5504
Don't really care much about the Globes to be honest, it's also been an extremely uncomfortable watch for the last few years because of Ricky Gervais!

For me the Oscars are where it's at, though a lot of people disregard them nowadays I still think they are absolute magic. Been staying up all night to watch them for as long as I can remember. And with Billy Crystal presenting and hopefully Meryl Streep winning this year, it should be real vintage. :cool:
I watched the Golden Globes, it was a typical boring awards fare, with some dodgy results. The Descendants won best film, but not director or screenplay. Was weird.

Ricky Gervais made the show, but a lot of him was cut due to many people going over their time. Seth Rogen also had a very good ad libbed line.

Stayed up until five to watch it all :bigsmile:
Academy Awards/Oscars should be good provided we don't get another host who looks stoned and find a decent stream that doesn't get shut down halfway through like last year (:ninja:).
Billy Crystal won't be stoned, he'll just be boring.
Original post by Colonel.
I watched the Golden Globes, it was a typical boring awards fare, with some dodgy results. The Descendants won best film, but not director or screenplay. Was weird.

Ricky Gervais made the show, but a lot of him was cut due to many people going over their time. Seth Rogen also had a very good ad libbed line.

Stayed up until five to watch it all :bigsmile:

Highlights were Seth Rogen's erection joke, The Case Of Meryl's Missing Glasses (David Fincher didn't know what the hell was happening), George Clooney letting millions of people know that Michael Fassbender's penis is as big as a golf club, and Leonardo DiCaprio looking like a sad puppy as everyone won except him.
I also found this incredibly adorable; Uggie knows how to work the red carpet:

(edited 12 years ago)
I could not stop smiling every time Uggie was on the screen in The Artist.

Plus Frasier is like one of my all time favourite shows and I find Eddie to be brilliant in a few episodes, so maybe that's why.
Billy Crystal won't be stoned, he'll just be boring.

Isn't he regarded as one of the best hosts?
Original post by Madjackismad
Isn't he regarded as one of the best hosts?

Has he hosted before? This time he replaced Eddie Murphy so I thought it might be rushed and a bit against his control.

Has he hosted before?

Has he hosted before? This time he replaced Eddie Murphy so I thought it might be rushed and a bit against his control.

Yeah, I think the reason they brought him back is because he was great before.
Reply 5515
Original post by Nucleolus
I also found this incredibly adorable; Uggie knows how to work the red carpet:

THat is soo cute :O
Reply 5516
Saw this for the first time last night:

:rofl: So Tarantino-esque.
Reply 5517
Seeing The Artist tomorrow, hope it lives up to the hype.
Finally got round to seeing TGWTDT :coma:
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
Finally got round to seeing TGWTDT :coma:

Was it good? For some bizarre reason I never got round to see it, despite going to the cinema every week since it's been out. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest