The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ki_Kudos
I see, but who is eyepatch lady when she's at hame?

If we knew exactly who and what she was it would be a bit of a boring show.

This is one of the parts that fulfils the 'Speculation' in the thread name.
Original post by Mr.Messy
Next ep clips:

Trailer

Clip 2

website refusing to show me clip one. :pierre:

In clip two when he shouts "OPEN THIS DOOR"
I just want him to click his fingers to make it open.
Reply 1622
Original post by cambo211
If we knew exactly who and what she was it would be a bit of a boring show.

This is one of the parts that fulfils the 'Speculation' in the thread name.

No need to act the bawbag. How is her name known? Perhaps a general idea?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Also, another possibility is that Madame Kovarian is Amy's midwife.

"It's fine. You're doing fine. Just stay calm"

Where does she say that? Cause the only time I saw MK was in the Day of the Moon
"It's fine. You're doing fine. Just stay calm" - sort of the words you would use. What do you think? :holmes:

That would also explain her "no, I think she's just dreaming" comment from last week's episode.
Perhaps Madame Kovarian is looking through Amy's memories. Remember she gives birth supposedly later on?

Or perhaps she is giving birth and Alternate Amy is dreaming about the alternate timeline (something me and Sleekchic theorised a while back).

Like I said above, I think it might be midwife.

"It's fine. You're doing fine. Just stay calm" - sort of the words you would use. What do you think? :holmes:

But she doesn't seem like your average midwife? Especially when we still don't know what's going on with Amy's pregnancy.

Could it be like a repressed/forgotten memory that happens during the 4/5 days Amy's on the Silent ship? But then that doesn't explain why Amy sees her before she's taken by the Silence.

I also just remembered the Doctor's comment to Amy and the captain about two worlds and being able to go into the next one. It seems to echo Rory being able to remember his time as a Centurion and describing the memories as a door of sorts.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TulipFields
Where does she say that? Cause the only time I saw MK was in the Day of the Moon

The captain and his son were talking and Amy was lying on the ground I think then she saw a hatchet with Madame Kovarian saying that. She looks up and it's gone. (Maybe when she looked up she kinda woke up cos it was a sudden jerk)
Original post by ??????????????????
The captain and his son were talking and Amy was lying on the ground I think then she saw a hatchet with Madame Kovarian saying that. She looks up and it's gone. (Maybe when she looked up she kinda woke up cos it was a sudden jerk)

I miss ed that bit :frown: Should IPlayer it, really
And yes, it the Shrodinger baby , it seems
Original post by ??????????????????
In clip two when he shouts "OPEN THIS DOOR"
I just want him to click his fingers to make it open.

It's not in the clip but I'm so looking forward to the following bit of dialogue:
Voice: "Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords."
Doctor: "Fear me. I've killed all of them."

Then I wan't him to say, "SIT THE **** DOWN. KO." :headbang:

Because some thinks leak out. Other than that it's largely down to speculation and leaks about other things.
Ok Clip One is working now.

Really very much so looking forward to this episode.
Reply 1631
Original post by cambo211
Because some thinks leak out. Other than that it's largely down to speculation and leaks about other things.

See, that was all it took.

Cheers for the info.
Original post by Mr.Messy
It's not in the clip but I'm so looking forward to the following bit of dialogue:
Voice: "Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords."
Doctor: "Fear me. I've killed all of them."

Then I wan't him to say, "SIT THE **** DOWN. KO." :headbang:

I know right. At first I was thinking, this episode has the Oods I heard + with the voice I thought it was Satan again. Then I realised from the trailer it was that voice. Plus the preview clip, the TARDIS disapears involuntry. Maybe it's a trap set by the guy who caused the TARDIS to explose. The Silence haven't shown the ability to control the TARDIS. If they could they would have stopped the Doctor saving Amy as he came in using the TARDIS.
Reply 1633
Original post by Greg1989

Original post by Greg1989
so amy is and isnt pregnant all at once but the siren saw nothing wrong with that........

does anyone think its possible amy's pregnancy is like the two ships and thats why they did the episode. As an example of how 2 things from different worlds can exist in the same space?

Yeah, this supports my theory from last week. I nearly said something when that came up in the episode, but then thought that if I did mention it I might have to explain the whole thing to my friends and I don't think they've yet realised quite how much of a geek I am...

I think her name was know because some people recognized the actress and on the dr who wiki, has Madame Kovarian palyed by that actress.
Confidentail - Karen Gillan doing learning to use a sword.
Reply 1636
I was a bit disappointed with that episode :frown: not enough running. But the madam kovarian appearance was interesting. And i really thought the siren would say something or do something to Amy because at one point she seemed to look at her stomach :curious:

And next weel looks so good. Can't wait. But was Idris biting the Doctor at one point or was she doing something else :confused:
The Curse of the Spot was pretty average I thought, not much suspense, not enough danger, very few wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey things going on but still, it's Doctor Who and Arthur Darvill topless, can't complain with that. :lol: Next weeks episode is going to be epic, it's written by Neil Gaiman so it should be. Plus, the Doctor's Wife?! How awesome is that?! I'm looking forward to him going "You're not my mother." :lol:

"Fear me, I've killed hundreds (or is it thousands? I can't remember...) of Time Lords."
"Fear me, I've killed all of them."

Also going to be good. :biggrin: I agree about the midwife theory, she's probably some super-space midwife to protect this child the Silence are oh so obsessed with. But what's the child for...? Hmmm.....
Original post by sleekchic
Confidentail - Karen Gillan doing learning to use a sword.

:sexface:
Poll is up on the other thread. I'm trying to not read what you guys have written on the episode as I'll be watching it soon with my housemate.

Latest