The Student Room Group

TSR's Movie Madness

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Jace Falco
Fair points. I admit I'd feel more comfortable if it had been Batman Begins, but you takes what you gets. I admit I was torn, but I had to come down on Nolan's side in the end.

Maybe if it had been The Last Crusade :moon:

The first 20 minutes of the Last Crusade is probably the most cringe worthy thing that has ever been on the big screen.
Reply 381
2nd place. Yeh, and what?
Not sure if anyones posted a sig yet.

[noparse][/noparse]
How bad am I at predicting things...?
Reply 384
Original post by RK
How bad am I at predicting things...?

About as bad as me :holmes:
I'm still in there :sexface:

This is what flipping a coin for some does :tongue:
Movie Madness? well it is certainly madness!

The Rock says this; where in the blue hell are any of the great one's electrifying movies?

Which jabroni made these polls and failed to include such classics as 'Welcome to the Jungle', 'Gridiron Gand', 'The Game Plan', 'Tooth fairy' and all the other great movies from the most electrifying man in sports entertainment all of which, quite frankly, would have laid the smacketh down on all the other films' candy asses!

The Rock can guaren-damn-tee that had the people's champion's films been included they would have won without a shadow of a doubt what with the MILLIONS of The Rock's fans out there voting for them!

If ya smelllllll what The Rock, is, cookin'!!!!!!!!
Original post by ~The Rock~

The Rock says this; where in the blue hell are any of the great one's electrifying movies?

Which jabroni made these polls and failed to include such classics as 'Welcome to the Jungle', 'Gridiron Gand', 'The Game Plan', 'Tooth fairy' and all the other great movies from the most electrifying man in sports entertainment all of which, quite frankly, would have laid the smacketh down on all the other films' candy asses!

The Rock can guaren-damn-tee that had the people's champion's films been included they would have won without a shadow of a doubt what with the MILLIONS of The Rock's fans out there voting for them!

:laugh: That made my morning.
tehFrance - 22

Cheating Frenchman.

My response:

1:25 onwards
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 390
I have to say, judging by the results so far, the good people of TSR have some seriously strange taste in films.
Reply 391
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
1 hour later. :work: I think it's right, no guarantee whatsoever.

Round 2 Results
Adorno - 2
aeterno - 20
Ape Gone Insane - 20
arched_pigeon - 22
Beska - 26
Betacra - 8
Brotherhood - 12
cadaeibfeceh - 20
cambo211 - 20
Champagne Supernova - 24
chocothunder - 24
Circadian_Rhythm - 24
Cll_ws - 20
Davott - 22
Ice_Queen - 24
Illusionary - 20
Kagutsuchi - 16
kflynn - 22
kuks - 14
letsdothetimewarpagain - 18
Madjackismad - 14
MHorman - 26
Mo-Amin - 22
paddy_power - 18
Phalanges - 16
Piggy's Galsses - 18
rich2606 - 18
RK - 16
skipp - 16
soulofanewmachine - 16
Stricof - 18
Teaddict - 14
tehFrance - 10
The Cornerstone - 20
TheMagicRat - 8
TobeTheHero - 14
Zoedotdot - 18

Rankings

MHorman - 53
Beska - 52
Champagne Supernova - 52
chocothunder - 52
arched_pigeon - 50
Circadian_Rhythm - 49
Davott - 49
Ice_Queen - 49
Ape Gone Insane - 48
rich2606 - 48
kflynn - 47
Mo-Amin - 47
cambo211 - 46
Illusionary - 46
aeterno - 45
cadaeibfeceh - 45
Cll_ws - 45
Zoedotdot - 45
Kagutsuchi - 43
Piggy's Galsses - 43
The Cornerstone - 43
Phalanges - 42
soulofanewmachine - 42
Stricof - 42
paddy_power - 40
skipp - 40
letsdothetimewarpagain - 39
kuks - 38
Teaddict - 38
RK - 37
Brotherhood - 36
Madjackismad - 36
TobeTheHero - 31
TheMagicRat - 29
Adorno - 24
Betacra - 24
tehFrance - 22

:jive:

Thanks a lot. :h:

Original post by The Cornerstone
Have you thought about what I said on your wall? :holmes:

Sorry I meant to get back to you sooner, but for some reason I always forget to reply to wall posts. :colondollar: For those interested, The Cornerstone asked me what I thought about a Gaming Madness after this was done.

I definitely think there is scope for doing this with other media, and once it's over I plan on making a little document detailing what I did and what could be improved in case I ever make another one or if anyone needs to replicate it (although given the amount of permissions etc. which need to be worked out, I imagine it will only be mods that would be able to carry out something like this for the forseeable future). On that point gaming is something of a grey area for me personally, as for some odd reason gaming is a subforum of technology rather than entertainment and I don't have any power over it.

With regards to doing another one I'd definitely be up for it. I don't think one should be done right away, as people will get bored of the endless polls (not to mention that it was a fair bit of work setting this one up and I don't fancy doing all that again straight away), but maybe around Christmas or sometime later than that we could think about doing another one on something different.
Original post by Phalanges
Thanks a lot. :h:

Sorry I meant to get back to you sooner, but for some reason I always forget to reply to wall posts. :colondollar: For those interested, The Cornerstone asked me what I thought about a Gaming Madness after this was done.

I definitely think there is scope for doing this with other media, and once it's over I plan on making a little document detailing what I did and what could be improved in case I ever make another one or if anyone needs to replicate it (although given the amount of permissions etc. which need to be worked out, I imagine it will only be mods that would be able to carry out something like this for the forseeable future). On that point gaming is something of a grey area for me personally, as for some odd reason gaming is a subforum of technology rather than entertainment and I don't have any power over it.

With regards to doing another one I'd definitely be up for it. I don't think one should be done right away, as people will get bored of the endless polls (not to mention that it was a fair bit of work setting this one up and I don't fancy doing all that again straight away), but maybe around Christmas or sometime later than that we could think about doing another one on something different.

Thanks for answering back, I know you're busy with movie madness so I wasn't looking for a quick answer. And thanks for giving your opinion, gaming madness is just something that came up in my head when looking at this so I was looking for other opinions. :smile:
A Gaming Madness would be a much harder thing to do though but would be equally fun. There isn't a solid list (not that I'm saying IMDB is solid, we can all agree it's flawed to some extent) for video games with hundreds of thousands of votes to justify a certain position or inclusion.

The best thing would be to have a panel of judges and make an informed list over a period of time (in a thread) with contributions being solid justifications for inclusions. And, of course, lots of debate and back and forth about inclusions.
Reply 394
The Dark Knight <3
A Gaming Madness would be a much harder thing to do though but would be equally fun. There isn't a solid list (not that I'm saying IMDB is solid, we can all agree it's flawed to some extent) for video games with hundreds of thousands of votes to justify a certain position or inclusion.

The best thing would be to have a panel of judges and make an informed list over a period of time (in a thread) with contributions being solid justifications for inclusions. And, of course, lots of debate and back and forth about inclusions.

Or you could get the starting list from a review of aggregator like GameRankings. To my mind, both methods are equally flawed, but mine is quicker :tongue:
The Rock says this, jabronis; do not waste your time on a 'Gaming madness' poll - The great one has taken the liberty of compiling a shortlist of possible winners, so take your pick: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_(video_game_series)#Reception

What else? How about a 'Music madness' poll? Well the people's champion has an electrifying winner for that also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAag-nlCJQ0.

Oh and in response to this steaming, stinking, steaming, stinking pile of grade A monkey crap:

Original post by Teaddict
My response:

1:25 onwards

The Rock says this; firstly, you should KNOW YOUR ROLE and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

And secondly:

A typical example of the great one laying the smacketh down on his candy ass!

If ya smellllll what The Rock, is cookin'!!!!!!!
Reply 397
Writing in the style of The Rock was funny the first time.

The Rock says this; firstly, you should KNOW YOUR ROLE and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

And secondly:

A typical example of the great one laying the smacketh down on his candy ass!

If ya smellllll what The Rock, is cookin'!!!!!!!

You got your arse handed to you, biatch!

Sounds like a great idea - more than willing to help with that.

Quick Reply

Latest