The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Brunel is ok for law but QM is waay better. I'd go there out of all the ones you've listed but out of the two offers you have from (Kingston and Brunel) brunel is better for law. Brunel is in a nice location, just on the outskirts of London, but QM is IN london and theres loads more to do in london :smile:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
moloman
i'm an international student that does really know what uni's are good....just wondering if anyone can help me to choose....right now i got kingston's and brunel's offer and still waiting for QMUL and city's....which of the uni's are better? does brunel have nice surroundings? thanks for the help~

In descending order of quality:

QM
then followed by a big drop in quality
City
Brunel
then followed by a medium-sized drop in quality
Kingston
Reply 3
^ totally agree!:smile:
Reply 4
Agree! QMUL is the best second-tier law school.
Does anyone know where it stands in the law league table (Times preferably)
Reply 6
Yeah QM is quite good. I've heard that theyve got some eminent lawyers on their staff and that next year grade requirements are going up to AAB or AAA. Put it this way, by the time we graduate, it'll be good. :wink:
Reply 7
Is the standard offer really going up next year?
Reply 8
Pretty sure. Read it in an article. QMUL Law is a lot better than most people think.
Reply 9
Interesting...I think QMUL is good, it was gna be my firm until i gt into SOAS.
Reply 10
star2858
Interesting...I think QMUL is good, it was gna be my firm until i gt into SOAS.

I would still advise you to put it down as your firm. No offence to SOAS, but for Law, QM would still do it.
Reply 11
U got a point there
star2858
U got a point there

So why QMUL for law as opposed to SOAS? QMUL is better than SOAS in terms of what?

Cheers!
Reply 13
Well QMUL deos have a 5A* rating whereas SOAS has somewhat less - check The Times league tables.
star2858
Well QMUL deos have a 5A* rating whereas SOAS has somewhat less - check The Times league tables.

Yeah, but league tables aside, do you think prospective employers regard a QMUL degree more favorably than one from SOAS?
americankid
So why QMUL for law as opposed to SOAS? QMUL is better than SOAS in terms of what?

Less cannabis at QM.
SOAS is fairly notorious for its pot-heads.

--------------

americankid
Yeah, but league tables aside, do you think prospective employers regard a QMUL degree more favorably than one from SOAS?

Increasing numbers of barristers are from QM.
SOAS is great for languages and oriental studies, but for Law, QM would be a better option.
Reply 16
Both are prestigious universities, for me it is hard to decide between the two.
star2858
Both are prestigious universities, for me it is hard to decide between the two.

They are both pretty decent. You should go down and spend a day wandering around each of them. You should be able to get a feel for them and then decide.
Reply 18
Is anyone still waiting for a response from Brunel?
Go for QMUL

Latest

Trending

Trending