The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Official Birkbeck, University of London 2023 Applicant Thread

Hello all!

This is the thread for people who are applying to Birkbeck, University of London for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

Good luck everyone!
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
Reply 2
Hello, Has anyone received an offer from Birkbeck yet?
I received an offer back in January for the October 2023 semester. I'll be studying law.
Reply 4
Thank you, I have since withdrawn my application as I had gotten offers from my top choices. Good luck
Hello, everyone. I am not a Birkbeckian but living in college hall. My best friend is studying in BBK's School of Law, and another good friend is studying psychology there. Both are happy with the life there. Wish all forthcoming BBKians enjoy too. :five:
Reply 6
Hey folks. I applied for Msc Data science for Oct intake 2023. I have received online aptitude test for python. Is anyone going to study Msc Data science at birkbeck October intake?
Reply 7
Hi, I’m an Italian student.
I’m currently holding three offers from these universities:
- Birkbeck, University of London in Msc Astrobiology.
-Brunel, Msc Environmental management.
- UCD in Dublin: Msc Environmental science.
I have read really bad things about Brunel in the last weeks, but also about Birkbeck.
I really like the course offered by Birkbeck because I want to do astrobiology also in a future PhD and I have read that they share the department of Earth and Planetary science with UCL.

I really need some feedback about all of them cause I want to make the best decisions.
Just wondering if there are other people here in TSR who want to study this year (autumn 2023 intake) but haven’t applied yet.

I’m quite impressed with how quickly a certain programme director in Birkbeck replied to my questions (online), but I haven’t applied for that course yet.
Original post by annpao12
Hi, I’m an Italian student.
I’m currently holding three offers from these universities:
- Birkbeck, University of London in Msc Astrobiology.
-Brunel, Msc Environmental management.
- UCD in Dublin: Msc Environmental science.
I have read really bad things about Brunel in the last weeks, but also about Birkbeck.
I really like the course offered by Birkbeck because I want to do astrobiology also in a future PhD and I have read that they share the department of Earth and Planetary science with UCL.

I really need some feedback about all of them cause I want to make the best decisions.

I'm gonna apply for Birkbeck. I love its central London location, in Bloomsbury next to . I went to look at Birkbeck, it's just a normal old building, but inside it was cosy, and outside it was surrounded by UCL, SOAS, the University of London Senate Library, etc, so there were many students. I'll be doing my own study in the day time in that area, a few libraries to choose. I'm ok with Birkbeck's evening classes, because that will also give me the option to work part time during the day if I want. I want to work hard for my master's (I didn't study properly during my bachelor's years), and I'm impressed by the care and responsiveness of a programme director who has been replying to my questions. That same person will also teach 2 or 3 modules in my chosen master's, so I'm looking forward to become a student again.

Your shortlisted course Astrobiology sounds cool. Mine is just a normal master's which can be found in other universities too but the knowledge/skills will be very useful for my future.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering if there are other people here in TSR who want to study this year (autumn 2023 intake) but haven’t applied yet.

I’m quite impressed with how quickly a certain programme director in Birkbeck replied to my questions (online), but I haven’t applied for that course yet.

I began my course last year and didn't apply until mid August. However, I'm a part time student so that may make a difference. Although I know they participate in clearing.
Original post by Kitten689
I began my course last year and didn't apply until mid August. However, I'm a part time student so that may make a difference. Although I know they participate in clearing.

Good to know. Are you taking an undergrad or postgrad course?
Reply 12
Original post by annieyoxall
Anyone studying criminology? (undergrad)

Noo but I’m studying politics :biggrin:
Reply 13
Applied to Computing BSc at Birkbeck but am feeling bad about these evening classes. All my life in education was during the day so its gonna be hard to change this to my normal routine, especially since Im not working and free during the day. Are these classes/lectures just an hour or two long? Any possibility of having it changed during the day?
Hi everyone.

Hope results day went well for you last week. For anyone that got an offer and is now heading to Birkbeck, University of London then you can find our freshers thread here -> Birkbeck, University of London Freshers 2023.

EH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending