The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3260
Anyone know when we will get more info about paying the tuition fee if not taking the loan? (specifically when we have to pay it)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Linke
Anyone know when we will get more info about paying the tuition fee if not taking the loan? (specifically when we have to pay it)

if uve completed student finance, then i think it will be done automatically and the loan will be paid directly or within the first week of ur registration at uni. also, the grants and loans (maintanence) will be paid in the first week to u.
Hi, can anybody tell me if i can do a physics A2 in my gap year and apply to chem eng for that in imperial??
Also, i need to retake one module of my biology to get the o
2 UMS needed to make it an A
btw i got an AABb where the b is in physics but i can surely get an A* since its the only course i will be studying
Chem eng is extremely competitive at imperial. infact, try to keep chemistry as insurance. a friend of mine applied for it and had pretty good predictions (all A* and A's) but got rejected. i think it does depend on the interview and Personal statement aswell because imperial deeply look t those.
Original post by mansour02
btw i got an AABb where the b is in physics but i can surely get an A* since its the only course i will be studying

On imperials website they say A*A*A or A*AAA but most offers seem to be A*A*AA so I'm afraid you might struggle with your grades
What are my chances for next year, I missed my offer due to illness and will be sitting exams in jan to hopefully get A*A*A and its for EEE?
Original post by iluvmaths
so after yesterday, are we meant to get any other email or letter or is this it and were meanr to turn up on the 1st oct?

Given term starts on the 29th September, I think turning up on 1st October may not be the wisest of decisions! :tongue:

I also got an email (well, two emails exactly the same within 2 minutes of each other - a testament to their brilliant email system!) a couple of days ago, but it didn't say much besides "Well done" and so on.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3268
Can't wait for freshers week! Does anyone know what it will consist of?
Original post by fruktas
Can't wait for freshers week! Does anyone know what it will consist of?

Apparently we will have some introductory lectures to go to... Apart from that I assume partyying!! Do you know if there is an imperial freshers discussion on here?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Johnson Ruan
Any one happens to know when the scholarship outcome is out?

I applied for the Kingsbury Scholarship and found out via letter yesterday if that's any help. All Imperial say is before the 31st August - pretty vague really.
Original post by iluvmaths
yeS!!!! made it for Aero eng!!! although they wanted the A* in physics and A in F.maths, i got it the other way around, but still unconditional!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: wohooo

Original post by AeroLB
Aero Eng here too! Glad the waiting game is finally over!

Also: Am I meant to have received any emails from them or ucas? I have a sneaky feeling my school account is acting up...

Ooooh, course mates!! Fellow aero student here, I look forward to meeting you in October :biggrin:
Original post by catestevenson
Ooooh, course mates!! Fellow aero student here, I look forward to meeting you in October :biggrin:

yipeee... one more course mate..!
Original post by catestevenson
I applied for the Kingsbury Scholarship and found out via letter yesterday if that's any help. All Imperial say is before the 31st August - pretty vague really.

Letter and not email? Oh no, i'm based overseas so it would take forever. Btw may I ask your A-Level results?
Original post by Johnson Ruan
Letter and not email? Oh no, i'm based overseas so it would take forever. Btw may I ask your A-Level results?

Got an email as well, but they'd sent it to my work address so I only read it this morning.

A*s in maths and physics, A in Chemistry and B in French.
I'm closing this thread now, since applications are well over for 2012. Congrats to everyone who got into Imperial :smile:. We now have the Imperial College Freshers 2012 thread where you can all discuss preparing for university and get to know each other.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending