The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Physics Admissions test 2024

Did anyone here give imperial physics admission test today? How did it go for y'all?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WordsFiddle
Did anyone here give imperial physics admission test today? How did it go for y'all?

kinda hard
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2

Time was really really bad
Reply 3

it was insane tbh. timing was really bad and most questions there were definitely from the A2 spec even tho they specifically said that only AS knowledge is needed lol
Fine but ran out of time at the end so only answered like 27/30

Did you guys use a calculator?

It was much harder than expected, but I'm confused coz after the auto submit happened, the test wasn't disabled as one would normally expect. Meaning, I could attempt it again, which put me into doubt as to whether the test was submitted or not. Did anyone else face the same issue?
I was also super rushed towards the end, but I still managed to attempt all questions, but guessed about 4 questions…
Original post by closed-circuit-t
It was much harder than expected, but I'm confused coz after the auto submit happened, the test wasn't disabled as one would normally expect. Meaning, I could attempt it again, which put me into doubt as to whether the test was submitted or not. Did anyone else face the same issue?

Yeah, that happened to me as well, but when I clicked on the begin button again, it said the test was already submitted
Original post by Anonymous #1

I don’t think it would be possible to answer those many questions without a calculator in that time 😅
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1

Honestly, I felt using a calculator took up a lot more time tho I did use it for two questions
Honestly, I felt using a calculator took up a lot more time tho I did use it for two questions

Ah, I see, I just used my calculator for the fractions and surds questions... I thought it saved a lot of time
It felt good but in the middle of the test the lights in the room I was taking the test turned off and I got a bit spooked lol
Some of the questions did feel like they weren't AS level which was odd
there was literally questions that aren't in the AS spec, like I even emailed them and they told me "you dont need to prepare, its only basic maths and physics" and it said "UK AS Maths and Physics" on the website??

I also got that issue @closed-circuit-t but I didn't click on it just in case.

You had to show your working out anyways, so no point using a calc
Went alrightTiming was an issue but I think I got 20-22Anyone know what a good score is?
Went alrightTiming was an issue but I think I got 20-22Anyone know what a good score is?
Reply 15
Original post by Physics boss 243

How did you see your score?
Reply 16
Original post by big boy1
How did you see your score?

We can't see our scores. She's probably guessing.
Any idea when we can see our scores?
Original post by ferere12333
Any idea when we can see our scores?

dont think u can, but u get a reply from imp by end of march soo
What is the weighting of this exam for offer decisions? Apparently, Imperial does not conduct interviews for physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending