The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Original post by The_K1NG
Dumb aggressive approach by New Zealand once again. This is test cricket not T20 you retards.

Bet you feel stupid now.
Excellent batting from New Zealand. Could easily win this Test with their bowling attack but think England will go into survival mode than try to win. Wood bowled well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Excellent day today, I knew NZ would score heavily and at a really good RR. Two more days to go and they are still batting...! 400 + and ENG are guaranteed to lose. Not expecting them to win but even a draw will be tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another great day of cricket. Watling is a really, really rigid presence. He's got a habit of getting stuck in and sticking around for a while, which is the issue. He played brilliantly today. Superb batting from New Zealand and England's bowling was nowhere near good enough. It'll take a miracle to save this Test now.
Southee 39 off 20. Southee. Christ our bowling is the pits.
England will either be skittled over and heads will roll, or they'll get the runs and a new era will be declared. Which is it to be I wonder...
Original post by Mackay
England will either be skittled over and heads will roll, or they'll get the runs and a new era will be declared. Which is it to be I wonder...

They'll need many more runs then Australia who scored 400 ish in the 1940's. That record still stands till today and I don't see us beating it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Given the proceedings since we returned to bat, I think we have a good chance of making 300 ish. We'll go down bravely with a decent final innings, and our bowlers will take the flak. The win however is a distant dream.
England's bowlers deserve stick, in truth. NZ's batting was supreme, though. Watling especially.
The forecast for tomorrow isn't great, right? So England have a chance of drawing this game, weather permitting.
Best hope for an England result is rain, of course. By the same token, though, a downpour will see the track become much harder to bat on when play resumes.
Assuming play resumes after tea and takes an hour out of tomorrow (conservative estimate) then we'll still have to bat out nearly four sessions. Tough ask.
If the roles were reversed Cook would be being castigated for batting on too long allowing the rain to risk the draw :colonhash:
TMS have abandoned their live-blog, which doesn't sound too great for any potential play for the rest of today...
Only rain can help England now. Weather not looking too great for tomorrow either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louis.
If the roles were reversed Cook would be being castigated for batting on too long allowing the rain to risk the draw :colonhash:

Aye. Though before our second innings started (I wasn't expecting rain), I thought that McCullum declared at exactly the right moment. Declaring on a sub 400 lead is risky by anyone's standards. If he had declared bang on 400 then given how the rain is falling it wouldn't have made much difference anyway.
A great shame that such a good Test match will end on a whimper if there is to be barely any more play. I wish we could indulge NZ a bit more and have a proper five Test series against them.
Having a two test match series against NZ isn't worth it anymore, they are not the kind of team that deserves such a series. They play exciting, fighting cricket and deserve, at least, a 3 match series against any opposition.
Original post by moment of truth
Having a two test match series against NZ isn't worth it anymore, they are not the kind of team that deserves such a series. They play exciting, fighting cricket and deserve, at least, a 3 match series against any opposition.

I would rather watch a 5 match Test series against NZ then a Tri-Series between ENG, IND and AUS. NZ play fearless cricket and they give a good fight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth

Aye. Massively feeling for McCullum at this stage.

Latest