The Student Room Group

Kallisto's Saturday Question: Royals

This poll is closed

Do you think that the Royals are outdated?

Yes! 64%
No!36%
Total votes: 11
I wish you guys a nice weekend and begin this Saturday with a poll! :smile:

That could be a controversial question this time, but Britain has a representative monarchy with a democratic state of government and as there are so many young TSRians here, I would like to see what you consider about the blue-blooded family in your Kingdom.

Questions:
Did you see the crown of king Charles III in 2022?
Can you imagine the UK without the royals?
Do you think that UK will be without royals one day?
Reply 2
They are not outdated but it is outdated of them to be conferring OBEs, MBEs, and CBEs on selected people. It is grotesque for a family granted their privileges (and duties) by the grace of the people to be dividing the people in to who is deemed more 'worthy'.
Original post by Picnicl
They are not outdated but it is outdated of them to be conferring OBEs, MBEs, and CBEs on selected people. It is grotesque for a family granted their privileges (and duties) by the grace of the people to be dividing the people in to who is deemed more 'worthy'.

I thought that people, mostly British, are awarded with a great honor for their achievements and merits in life when they are nominated to OBEs, MBEs and CBEs. Is that really so wrong to honor people for their sublime performance?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Kallisto
I thought that people, mostly British, are awarded with a great honor for their achievements and merits in life when they are nominated to OBEs, MBEs and CBEs. Is that really so wrong to honor people for their sublime performance?

And what about all the other sublime performances that don't get noticed or that didn't 'play to the gallery' (no matter whether that gallery is a populist one or an elitist one) enough to be particularly popular? It's stupid how many 5 minute wonder sportspeople are getting gongs now. There should never be an official stamp of approval on achievement. Because it implies that there could also be an official, secret, stamp of DISapproval on other people. An unfair situation for gilded lives to have that power in the modern world.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5
**** them all
Original post by gjd800
**** them all

**** is a harsh word and very unpolite. Sounds like that you have a grudge against the royals and I wonder why.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 7
**** is a harsh word and very unpolite. Sounds like that you have a grudge against the royals and I wonder why.

I care not about being impolite to a social group predicated on 'better by birth'.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by gjd800
I care not about being impolite to a social group predicated on 'better by birth'.

A lot of people in high society who were born in wealth have the same attitude. You don't care them too, am I right?
Reply 9
A lot of people in high society who were born in wealth have the same attitude. You don't care them too, am I right?

To the wall with them.
Did you see the crown of king Charles III in 2022?
Yes, I was standing in the Cardiff John Lewis watching it on one of their TVs. :rofl:

Can you imagine the UK without the royals?
Yes. They do absolutely nothing for this country and so their disappearance will have no impact on anyone's life whatsoever.

Do you think that UK will be without royals one day?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending