The Student Room Group

TSR Top Gear Society

Scroll to see replies

Well, bye bye white stig, hello new coloured stig...perhaps pink or brown.
The stig is pierre :pierre:
Reply 1442
On a side note, I think the Stig is Ayrton Senna
92greenbottles
Im a family guy fan but i hate top gear. Im pretty sure there is not a link.

Oh and FYI I know family guy is just nonsensical blabber, but that's they're formula for comedy and it works. Gigidy :sexface:

I didn't say about the whole show, I said about that little segment where he does 'some say....', it's just pointless un-witty humour a lot like Family Guy. The rest of top gear is usually pretty good. The sitting on the sofa and weekly news bit is groan worthy and so can most of Clarksons interviews. The actual driving of the cars and some of the task can be good.
Couldn't the BBC just pretend to kill him off and put him in a different coloured suit and say look, we have a new stig. This is what they did last time isn't it? They could keep the same guy and no-one would know.
I couldn't care less who he is tbh. When I watch next season, I'll still call him Stig.
usainlightning
That's sometimes the funniest bit of the program.

Your sig is good, and it is correct. Bob Crow is a ****
Reply 1447
I've said all along it was Ben Collins.
Reply 1448
It was revealed ages ago, everyone knows its Michael Schumacher!
Wait....The stig is gay?
Popppppy
Wait....The stig is gay?

no he has a family and his baby was born just yesterday
whizz-kid
no he has a family and his baby was born just yesterday

:hmmm:
It was a joke.
Mr Mime
It was revealed ages ago, everyone knows its Michael Schumacher!

And he's after Rubens Barrichello for beating him :teehee:
I'll be glad as long as he's not Schumacher. I ******* hate that ****.
Heard that years ago. If anyone wanted to find out badly enough then they could have just google it.
"Some say..." that there are multiple Stigs, and the whole mystery behind the character is just a means of preserving continuity if one of them isn't available.

It's no secret that Ben Collins is involved with Top Gear, because he's appeared on it before and his name is included in the H&S report following Hammond's accident in 2006.

"Some say..." that former F1 driver Jean Alesi is one of them (a close-up shot of the Stig's face through his helmet had very similar eyes and eyebrows apparently), but the Stig doesn't show too much F1 style driving so I'm doubtful. I mean, for all we know, it could just be Hammond in a racing suit.
I've gone off Top Gear recently after just beginning to hate the sound of Clarkson's voice, but it's pretty lame to reveal the identity of The Stig, especially if you are The Stig.

Oh well, there's loads of professional drivers who would like to work on the show, and I'm sure that next time they'll work something into the contract to ensure that the next Stig (you don't think Collins will stay after this, do you?) can't reveal his/her identity whilst working on the show.
They'll probably just kill the stig off again like this, when the Stig revealed his identity in his autobiography:

hungryaardvark
as far as I heard that was somebody else making stuff up to sell papers. Ben collins, the BBC and all the presenters on Top Gear say the Stig is several people but none of them are ben collins. And to be fair, it was the telegraph. I never believe anything they say unless it gets very heavily corroborated.

As much as I like to believe that, imagine the telegraph collaborating with the enemy, the beeb?
I do think the stig is several people though.

I am the stig though.
The Stig will always be The Stig to me.

Quick Reply

Latest