The Student Room Group
Reply 9980
Original post by AgentSushi
I'm in the market for a Harrington jacket.

Two that I like, thoughts?

http://www.prettygreen.com/shop/product/aw13-black-harrington-jacket/

http://www.northernthreads.co.uk/clothing-c3/jackets-c7/ben-sherman-staples-harrington-jacket-jet-black-p20388

More than I wanted to pay really especially the Pretty Green one but they look good quality. Any other suggestions?

I also have a very long slim body, i'm 6'4". What are the fit like on these type of jackets?

I'd definitely try them on before I bought them. I'm quite tall as well and Harrington/Bomber jackets are a pain in the ass to buy because they are never long enough and if I up a size the arms are way too wide.
Original post by Peachz
I'd definitely try them on before I bought them. I'm quite tall as well and Harrington/Bomber jackets are a pain in the ass to buy because they are never long enough and if I up a size the arms are way too wide.

That is exactly the problem I have, I find it so difficult getting clothes that fit me well they are always to short and wide. I do really need to try them on before but I don't think anywhere on the high street sells those ones.
Can someone recommend me some nice metal bracelet online/store?
Need to stop buying polo shirts. Have gone from two to about seven in three months.

I hate not needing clothes :frown:
Original post by rockrunride
Need to stop buying polo shirts. Have gone from two to about seven in three months.

I hate not needing clothes :frown:

Meanwhile, I'm going to damage my bank balance this week as I need new shoes :erm:
I've only just noticed this thread. I'm not sure what the posting format is.
I've doubled in weight since last year so I'm trying to avoid buying clothes as I'm trying to lose the weight.
I have loads of shorts as these fit well. Loads of Tshirts (I bought a few from amazon with designs from anime and stuff) and a few Tshirts. I have 2 chinos and a pair of jeans.
I do need to buy a coat though, does anyone know what color will go best with my black skin?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cpdavis
Meanwhile, I'm going to damage my bank balance this week as I need new shoes :erm:

I'd like a new pair, but I don't need any :sad:

What kind are you going for?
I'd like a new pair, but I don't need any :sad:

What kind are you going for?

Do it :mwuaha:

Well I know I want a pair of Oxford Brogues and a pair (or even two pairs) of converse (high tops). I know I want a pair of red ones and possibly a pair of green ones. I don't need them but I want to treat myself :ahee:

In addition, I want to get a new pair of boots as my old ones have worn out :sad: Bloody flat footedness :hmpf:
Original post by cpdavis
Do it :mwuaha:

Well I know I want a pair of Oxford Brogues and a pair (or even two pairs) of converse (high tops). I know I want a pair of red ones and possibly a pair of green ones. I don't need them but I want to treat myself :ahee:

In addition, I want to get a new pair of boots as my old ones have worn out :sad: Bloody flat footedness :hmpf:

Oxford brogues, a decent pair, can't go wrong, perfect for any smart or business casual situation. Wearing mine now :biggrin: I could do with a pair of boots too, a pair of Chelseas with quite chunky soles for the winter.

As for Converse, you can't ever have enough trainers..
Reply 9989

As for Converse, you can't ever have enough trainers..

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. :P.
Original post by keromedic
I've only just noticed this thread. I'm not sure what the posting format is.
I've doubled in weight since last year so I'm trying to avoid buying clothes as I'm trying to lose the weight.
I have loads of shorts as these fit well. Loads of Tshirts (I bought a few from amazon with designs from anime and stuff) and a few Tshirts. I have 2 chinos and a pair of jeans.
I do need to buy a coat though, does anyone know what color will go best with my black skin?

Biege or navy. I'd avoid black
Original post by Peachz
I wholeheartedly disagree with this. :P.

I'm not a Converse man myself, they remind me of when I was 16, but I do like having lots of casual trainers. Adidas Classics etc. Really want a pair of Saucony Jazz Low Pros.

By the way as the thread's now at 10,000 posts I'm closing it, but Peachz will be momentarily creating the new one.
Reply 9992
THERE IS A NEW THREAD!!!!! :eek: :eek:

HERE

Latest