The Student Room Group

trans FTM entering john locke essay competition

upon registering for the essay competition you have to declare your sex? and they only have male and female as options. for all purposes except medically right now i function as a guy, appear as a guy, and etc but i'm a minor so i'm still legally female and my parents aren't the most accepting.

i'm unsure as to what this matters for? i put male when registering cause i'm guessing by 'SEX' they actually want you to put your gender, and it would be lying to say i'm a girl so i'm just a bit confused tbh

is it even a big deal?
Reply 1
I'm thinking you'll be fine - as you said, a form declaring 'sex' will often just want what you declare yourself as and hence are. Either way, I doubt it's a big deal as most of the time they just want this information for statistics, diversity, etcetera, to examine in that way. If you're stressed it might be worth emailing their admin team just to check? But it shouldn't influence your entry or anything, so I'd definitely say you're good.
Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
I'm thinking you'll be fine - as you said, a form declaring 'sex' will often just want what you declare yourself as and hence are. Either way, I doubt it's a big deal as most of the time they just want this information for statistics, diversity, etcetera, to examine in that way. If you're stressed it might be worth emailing their admin team just to check? But it shouldn't influence your entry or anything, so I'd definitely say you're good.
Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:

thanks for affirming what i thought, it's probably just meaning 'how do you declare as' in an old-fashioned way. i wonder how non-binary people enter though that's annoying

i'm keeping my profile as male :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by hanstudies
thanks for affirming what i thought, it's probably just meaning 'how do you declare as' in an old-fashioned way. i wonder how non-binary people enter though that's annoying

i'm keeping my profile as male :tongue:

Yeah it's rather odd, I suppose that would be something for the admin team to deal with. Nice to hear, good luck :biggrin:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending