The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Central London to Kingston

Hi all,

I'm going to be studying in kingston this year and living in zone2. can you please tell me hwo much does it cost to travel everyday from zone 2 to kingston. also for MA students are the classes on daily basis?

cheers.
Reply 1
I know kingston is in zone 6 so if you have an oyster card then its cheaper. You can get a weekly ticket I think. That's how little i know sorry
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
I work in Holborn and live in Kingston. You can take a train to Waterloo which is convenient for me, then it's just a quick bus or a walk. Total commuting time is roughly 45 minutes. Quite expensive though for a Z 1-6 travelcard (even 2-6 should be pretty hefty).

Good luck!
Reply 3
Thanks. Hope I dont spend $$$$$$$ on just travelling.
When you are a full time student, you can get a student travel card oyster which is considerably cheaper.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14312.aspx

See above for the pricing. Kingston only support weekly and monthly I believe...

David

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Advice:

Buy a Student Oyster for £10 through the uni website (allows discount for weekly and monthly travelcards).

Buy a 16-25 student railcard from a train station. Once received, visit an underground ticket office and tell them to put your 16-25 railcard onto your student oyster. This will allow discounted PAYG fares as well.

A weekly travelcard is £38. A peak day travelcard is £15. So if you need to leave before 9:30am on more than two days, the weekly is worth it. Get a monthly if you want further discount/is more appropriate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending