The Student Room Group

Imperial, UAL or Kingston - Design?

Hey everyone,

I have offers from 3 very different universities. I'm looking to do design with a greater focus in sustainability. I was hoping if anyone could provide me some advice or feedback on these programs!

Imperial - MSc Cleantech Innovation
Pros: Highest ranking, interdisciplinary teams with great connections
Cons: Fees, fees, fees my goodness

UAL (London College of Communication) - MA Design for Social Innovation & Sustainable Futures
Pros: Seems like quite a transdisciplinary course, very experimental
Cons: LOTS of mixed reviews for LCC (either really positive or really negative)

Kingston - MA Sustainable Design w Placement Year
Pros: Seems like a pretty well-rounded program, most affordable of the 3
Cons: Far from central London, placement year not guaranteed (self-sourced as an international student will be a big challenge), comparatively the least reputed university

Please advise and feel free to provide any thoughts! :smile:
Hello @ftan

Thank you for considering studying MA Sustainable Design with a Placement Year at Kingston University.

As a current student at Kingston University, I can tell you that there are a lot of supportive services to help you with your studies and employment. There are academic services to help you with your assignments and a career and employability department to help you develop key employability skills. The career and employability department can also give you advice on job hunting.

The University is central to good networks which makes it easier for you to commute. There are three main train stations around the university; Norbiton, Kingston and Surbiton. The public transport also runs frequently and there is a free university bus accessible to central locations around the campuses.

For more information on the course click on this link https://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/sustainable-design-ma/.

All the courses that you have selected above are good!

I recommend visiting us at one of our Postgraduate Open Days [https://www.kingston.ac.uk/open-days/postgraduate/]Offer to speak to some of our current students and academic staff to get a feel if Kingston is the right fit for you.

I wish you all the best in your studies.

From
~May
Kingston University Postgraduate Student Representative
(edited 1 month ago)
What sort of degree do you want to do?
Social science focussed - or science focussed?
Read the course content carefully - including optional units in all years of each course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending