The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

housing accommodation contract

Hello, is the smallest housing accommodation contract 40 weeks? for one year this would mean the end date is 6/22. But if classes and exams are complete by 4/13, why would you be required to sign a contact that would include an additional 10 weeks that are not needed?
Hi there @cwacaster, I understand your concern regarding the housing contract. This is because not all courses end at the same time.

For example, as a Kingston School of Art Fashion student, although all my coursework ends by Easter, we still have to help out the final years with their graduate collections and the degree show that only ends in June. Moreover, students in more academic courses tend to have their final exams only in May and June. In fact many art students use this opportunity to travel or take internships within central London during this additional 10 weeks given Kingston's close proximity to central!
If you have any specific questions regarding Accommodation or would like to find out more, click HERE :smile:

I hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to drop them down below 🙂

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
thanks, this is helpful. Does Kingston help with finding Internships?
Original post by cwacaster
thanks, this is helpful. Does Kingston help with finding Internships?

Hey @cwacaster!

Kingston University's Careers and Employability Service are usually the main department that help students to find internships, but each faculty at the university also has a Careers Advisor and their own placements/internships team to assist as well. Course leaders also tend to advertise a lot of internship opportunities in their respective fields, so hopefully finding an internship whilst studying at KU shouldn't be too hard at all. :smile:

Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending