The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Drama at Kingston

Hey guys :smile: I am starting university at Kingston in September to study drama and was wondering if anyone could tell me any points (good or bad) about the course?

Also I am moving up from a tiny town in Cornwall so am quite nervous about living in Kingston :/ any insights on what kind of vibe the place has?

Thank you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Hi Roslyn, I'm starting Kingston and doing Drama also in September, how exciting. Kingston is lovely and has the best of both. It's busy with a big shopping centre and clubs and bars in one part but also has lovely quiet green and rivers in another. I also just attend summer school at Kingston and met some of the students who will be staying in halls (although I won't be) they are all so friendly and enthusiastic about going to Kingston.

The actual course itself looks brilliant as we will be doing a lot of practical along side theory, I suppose the best part is we don't have a dissertation to do on this course so cuts our a major stress factor.

Anything else you want to ask please do, my name is Kareena :smile:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Hello Kareena :smile:
Thank you for replying! Kingston does sound like a great place I am just nervous as am coming up from a tiny town in Cornwall so it will be a big change of lifestyle haha

I am so excited about studying drama and ONLY drama :biggrin: do you know which halls you are in yet?

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I used to visit Cornwall often as a child, yes Kingston is very different but you will find hat Kingston is very diverse and that there are many students from all over the UK and the rest of the world :smile:

I myself am not staying in halls as I have my own house about an hour away from Kingston.

Will you be coming down for freshers week?
Reply 4
I love living down here :smile:
Oh yeah sorry I forgot you already said that!!
Yeah I have to move into halls on the 15th which is a Saturday so I am guessing freshers is the following Monday?

Reply 5
The Drama department have there own building accross the road from the university so we will be in a world of our own, apparently the Drama group is like a family (all years) so should be fun.

It's so exciting I can hardly wait :smile: I've meet a boy called Andrew who is 19 I think (poor memory) who's lovely, he is also doing Drama with us :biggrin:
Reply 6
Wohoooo I cant wait either :biggrin: I am usually in my own little world so it's perfect aha
That's what I love about drama, everyone becomes like a family because you have to let your guard down :smile:
Ahhh I am getting butterflies in my stomach now!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Reply 7
Heyah Roslyn!
Ma name's Ashleigh i'm gonna be starting drama course at kingston uni in september aswell :P Ya looking forward to it? am tryna meet some people on our course before we start so i'll know someone haha hows you? x
Reply 8
0h and hey baked bean!! guess i'll be studying with yous both :biggrin: so excited!!! x
Reply 9
Hey Ashleigh, Nice to meet you. The excitment is mutual. Are you staying in halls? I'm not but Roslyn is as you have probably read already. Not too long to go now, so enjoy the break while you can xx
Reply 10
Yeahh i am hopefully! I've not had a confirmation email yet so i dont know yet :s-smilie: hoping to get clay hill or seething wells, where are you staying then? :smile: i knowww its getting so close! Summer's shooting by so quick, not gonna lie... im petrified about starting lol xxx
Reply 11
Oh when do freshers start btw? will we meet everyone before we go freshers do ya think? haha SNAP Roslyn im always miles away day dreaming in ma own lil' world xxx
Reply 12
Hey Roslyn, I just got an email for accomodation, i'll be staying in Clayhill :P are you aswell? :smile: xxx
Reply 13
Hey Ashleigh!! Yeah I am so excited you? It is great being able to talk before we even meet! I presume freshers starts the week we move in :smile: yeah I am in clayhill as well :biggrin: xxxx
Reply 14
yeahhh extremely! nerves are slightly kicking in though, i know right! ya know this means ima be stalking ya when we get there cos you & baked bean are tha only people im gonna know haha so if ya hear tapping at ya window dw it's only me :P lol ah sweet! i hear they're gonna be throwing a bbq on tha sunday 16th so we can all meet people staying in Clayhill... loving it already & we've not even started :biggrin: xxx
Reply 15
Oh if yous want ya dont have to, gimmie a shout on fb :smile: Ashleigh Tindall :P https://www.facebook.com/ashleigh.tindall.5
xxx
Reply 16
Ahhhhhh that's so kool that you ladies are going to be in the same halls, bless. I'll have to bombard you both lol xx

I was told Freshers week starts on the 17th September!!! :biggrin:
Reply 17
I went to have a look round Kingston yesterday tha towns really really nice! Our halls our abit of a trek from tha uni though! About 30 minute walk away, but theres a bus shelter outside so im guessing they do a student bus or something? I wanted to go in and have a look but i couldn't :'( but looks really nice! yesssss Kareena deffinately, we'l smuggle ya in ;P haha, ahhh freshers is gonna be insane! xxx
hey guys, is anyone going to that school uniform freshers disco at sway? theres going to be a return coach trip to that event from kingston. who wants to go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending