The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston school of art: pros and cons

My friend got an offer for filmmaking. She's deciding between Kingston school of art and another uni. What are the pros and cons of Kingston?
Original post by Anonymous #1
My friend got an offer for filmmaking. She's deciding between Kingston school of art and another uni. What are the pros and cons of Kingston?

Hi there!!

Thank you for reaching out. I currently go to Kingston School of art and study Art Direction but can give you an overview of Kingston University, especially the art school.

I am in second year and am really enjoying my time here. The KSA has so many amazing facilities that are all free with being a student, no matter what course you study. Compared to other Universities, our workshops available to all and cover a huge variety of machinery to try out. You are able to dabble in the wood workshops or even try out bookmaking. Our moving image and photography studies are amazing and worth the visit. You can use these facilities to aid your university work or for personal use, with technicians at your aid throughout the whole time. This is a huge pro to the university and was one of the main reasons I was won over to join Kingston! Another benefit of the university is the Loans room where you can loan a range of technology to help with your projects.

The art campus especially is really homely and interesting to see all the creative people, which you can also support through events that are often held at the student union. I would definitely recommend coming along to one of our open days where you can gain an insight into the variety of courses and have a whole campus tour while visiting Kingston to see the area.

I find it ideal to live in the Kingston area, whether that is Kingston or Surbiton as both are perfect towns with lots of shops and restaurants to visit with great travel opportunities to get into London in a minimum of 15 mins! I have really enjoyed living near the river to walk along, especially in the Summer.

Please let me know if you have any more questions as I would be more than happy to answer!
-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending