The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by funkydee
lol unemployed oxbridge grad whipping out his e-penis, classic.

How is that whipping out my "e-penis".
Reply 81
Original post by effofex
i would love to have seen this in a group exercise.

****ing swag mane.
Anyone done the barcap tests? Know how long it takes to get a response? Think I flopped the verbal.... "Cannot say" = "I have not got a clue"!
Reply 83
Original post by PrincePauper
Anyone done the barcap tests? Know how long it takes to get a response? Think I flopped the verbal.... "Cannot say" = "I have not got a clue"!

I thought Barcap tell you if you fail the tests? At least I remember for the spring week you only got to do the verbal if you passed the numerical. After the verbal I think if you pass they send you a "application under review" email.
Original post by miml
I thought Barcap tell you if you fail the tests? At least I remember for the spring week you only got to do the verbal if you passed the numerical. After the verbal I think if you pass they send you a "application under review" email.

Thanks. I passed the Numerical and went onto the verbal.

My status atm is: "Your test results have been received and, along with your application, are under consideration by the recruitment team." However I dont know if I passed the verbal. Would I have got an email if I didnt pass the verbal?

Thanks
Reply 85
Thanks. I passed the Numerical and went onto the verbal.

My status atm is: "Your test results have been received and, along with your application, are under consideration by the recruitment team." However I dont know if I passed the verbal. Would I have got an email if I didnt pass the verbal?

Thanks

Yeah, I think that means you passed. I don't know anyone who has failed the verbal, but I remember reading on here or on WSO that if you fail the verbal they tell you.
Reply 86
Have you done your Lazard test yet? Did you get an instant response to go on to the verbal?

I sent my application at 3 this morning and just received the test. Have not started it yet but it has to be completed in 48hrs and yup its shl. Will probably do this eve
Original post by Asset101
Have you done your Lazard test yet? Did you get an instant response to go on to the verbal?

Yo, nah I have not done that one yet, Did the Barc first as it didnt take me as long to do the application, so if I dont pass I only wasted 30Mins.
Lazard also wants a verbal?
Original post by miml
Yeah, I think that means you passed. I don't know anyone who has failed the verbal, but I remember reading on here or on WSO that if you fail the verbal they tell you.

Cool, thanks. Would hate to fail the verbal...

Think I have applied to all the banks that have opened now. Does anyone know who is next to start?

Got to apply asap as I am one of the "weaker" candidates
Reply 89
Yo, nah I have not done that one yet, Did the Barc first as it didnt take me as long to do the application, so if I dont pass I only wasted 30Mins.

Lazard process: http://www.lazard.com/PDF/Application%20process.pdf
Reply 90
I am only going by what the break down the recruitment process is on the website and it says verbal...so presumably they throw it your way if you pass the numerical. Let me know how you get on.

Reply 91
Hey are any other banks open other than Barclays? Thanks
Reply 92
Original post by erebus-x
Hey guys,

I applied for EY UK audit/assurance department and cleared their application, test and first round interview. I have an assessment centre with them on monday and was hoping few of you could share their experiences about the structure and any advice on the stages.

Thanks

What year are you in at uni? I was thinking of applying, starting uni this sep. Was it hard to get to where you are now?:smile:
Original post by miml

Miml, do you know if the SHL tests change between applications for SWs and applications for Summers?
Reply 94
Original post by Blue_Horseshoe
Miml, do you know if the SHL tests change between applications for SWs and applications for Summers?

Haven't done any tests yet.

I'd guess though SHL has a large database of questions and it's unlikely you'd get exactly the same questions.
Original post by miml
Haven't done any tests yet.

I'd guess though SHL has a large database of questions and it's unlikely you'd get exactly the same questions.

Apologies, I wasn't very specific. I was actually thinking more along the lines of of they get harder. Thanks for the response though.
Original post by Blue_Horseshoe
Apologies, I wasn't very specific. I was actually thinking more along the lines of of they get harder. Thanks for the response though.

They should all be the same, all gcse maths. Have never seen anything harder than gcse level. Only way to toughen these tests is to reduce time and increase the number of qs
They should all be the same, all gcse maths. Have never seen anything harder than gcse level. Only way to toughen these tests is to reduce time and increase the number of qs

Thanks. Good luck with your applications if you are applying this year.
Original post by Asset101
I am only going by what the break down the recruitment process is on the website and it says verbal...so presumably they throw it your way if you pass the numerical. Let me know how you get on.

Did the numerical and its now under consideration. Didnt go too great, maybe I did it too early in the morn...

Bit stupid that they review the score and application. There should just be a cut off mark... As i wasnt forwarded to the verbal I believe my marks were not high enough
(edited 11 years ago)

Is that REALLY for a Summer intern though or normal process?

Seems incredibly thorough for what is only ~8 weeks of work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending