Turn on thread page Beta

Boxing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamrock92)
    I think you might be selling him a little short there, Pea. Always came across to me as a well-rounded boxer-puncher type, with good technique, defence, excellent balance, could crack, had a good chin etc. He was never going to be Sugar Ray Robinson, but a very good fighter. Ward may have "showed him up" to an extent, but I think that version of Kessler bares virtually no comparison to the Kessler that fought Andrade, for instance.
    Don't get me wrong, he has very good technique and will always beat the B fighters. But as soon you bring speed and lateral movement into the equation, he struggles (see: Ward & Calzaghe). He doesn't know how to adapt when he's losing fights, he just went head hunting when he knew he couldn't beat Ward. He's obviously lost a step or two and isn't the same fighter he was circa. 2007.

Anyway, I'd expect any half-decent version of Kessler to dispense with Froch quite easily. Unfortunately, he doesn't look as sharp as he used to be (despite all the changes he's supposedly made to his training, plus the time off etc.) and I've got an awful feeling he's going to turn up in a crappy state and that Froch will scrape out the W and then blab on about how he's beating all the best at 168 etc. God I really hate Froch. Lucky to get past Pascal, ultra-lucky to get past Taylor and ultra-ultra-lucky to get that absolute gift from Dirrell.

Certainly, the pre-Palle-saga Kessler would have done a complete job on Froch.
    I'd love Froch to beat Kessler, but it won't happen. Kessler is too technically sound, even the post-prime version of him is going to give Froch a whooping because he loves guys who come at him and can handle them all day long. If Froch beats Kessler then luck or not (with regards to his past victories) you cannot deny that he's building up a solid resume of fighters. Pascal has gone onto achieve some solid success at 175, Taylor gave himself a good showing in the opening few rounds vs. Abraham before he inevitably gassed (can't believe he gassed so early against a guy who barely throws a punch) and Dirrell should have got the decision against Froch but when you come to a guys hometown and you fight the champion so negatively, you're bound to be on the losing end of the stick.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3wTLQSB-Dk&feature=sub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimber)
    Hmm interesting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3wTLQSB-Dk&feature=sub
    Whatever the reason he didn't want to fight Mayweather, my respect for him as gone down greatly. He's still a great boxer, but, in my eyes, there's now a great shadow cast over him as to how he's so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Whatever the reason he didn't want to fight Mayweather, my respect for him as gone down greatly. He's still a great boxer, but, in my eyes, there's now a great shadow cast over him as to how he's so good.
    Yeah I agree totally. Hes gonna breeze the Clottey fight. Thing is I'm pretty sure he is just acting as Arum & Roach's puppet, I think if it was down to him he'd fight PBF. I think Mosley's got a better chance of beating PBF then pac had, would be real annoying is if Mosley beat PBF, I can imagine all the Pacquaio dickriders blabbering on...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree totally. Hes gonna breeze the Clottey fight. Thing is I'm pretty sure he is just acting as Arum & Roach's puppet, I think if it was down to him he'd fight PBF. I think Mosley's got a better chance of beating PBF then pac had, would be real annoying is if Mosley beat PBF, I can imagine all the Pacquaio dickriders blabbering on...
    The thing is, with Pacquiao, his fans are fans of him, not boxing, so anything anyone says people just rush to defend him as if he can do no wrong. It's stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    The thing is, with Pacquiao, his fans are fans of him, not boxing, so anything anyone says people just rush to defend him as if he can do no wrong. It's stupid.
    Exactly every article or youtube vid i see regarding mayweather and/or pacquaio has these ******* comments

ReputationRep:
    who cares - it isn't happening for whatever reasons, lets drop the pac mayweather talks - :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    According to ODH the fight will eventually happen, i think this too. Might delay it if either of them lose, or it might actually speed it up.

ReputationRep:
    Only Mosley or Clottey have the ability to derail Pacquiao/Floyd. If both of them win their next fights in convincing fashion then no longer are we talking $40 million, we're talking closer to $50 million.

The entire saga is one big marketing ploy. Why fight now when you can fight later in the year, with much more hype and a lot more money to earn?

ReputationRep:
    So on to current fights Clottey reckons "if I beat Manny Pacquaio, its not an upset...." ********, I like his cockiness though. I wanna see PBF take pac apart himself.

ReputationRep:
    Check out the sig.

ReputationRep:
    OH YES!

24/7 - March 4th for Mayweather-Mosley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamrock92)
    Check out the sig.
    cant see it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    cant see it :confused:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IVp1wVEZhU

ReputationRep:
    ahhh yeh, good work seen that before, they make the best build up vids ever eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JiangYu)
    OH YES!

24/7 - March 4th for Mayweather-Mosley
    I was waiting for this....24/7 is the best show ever. Floyd and Mosley had that face to face thing with Max Kellerman today and had to be pulled apart...apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for this....24/7 is the best show ever. Floyd and Mosley had that face to face thing with Max Kellerman today and had to be pulled apart...apparently.
    Ah! Link?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, what an awesome press conference. Things were going to get pretty heavy had they not got pulled apart. Good stuff, looking forward to this fight.

ReputationRep:
    May 1st is the date for this right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JiangYu)
    Ah! Link?
    Heres the press conference thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhFjwMB8y7I&feature=sub
    Pause it at 11-12 seconds, Mosley doing some karate **** haha

HBO will probably hold back the face-to-face thing until closer to the fight to get more hype!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.