The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Opinions on Floyd v Marcos 2?
Original post by random1234567
Opinions on Floyd v Marcos 2?

I can predict exactly what will happen in that fight. It's happened before, just watch Floyd vs Castillo 1 and 2.

The first fight, Mayweather stays in the pocket and allows Maidana to get to him but not significantly hurt him in any way, whereas in September, he will go back to doing what he does best. Fighting on the outside and being a defensive genius on the inside, Maidana won't be able to catch him this time and Floyd will seemingly dominate throughout the fight to win on unanimous points decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
I can predict exactly what will happen in that fight. It's happened before, just watch Floyd vs Castillo 1 and 2.

The first fight, Mayweather stays in the pocket and allows Maidana to get to him but not significantly hurt him in any way, whereas in September, he will go back to doing what he does best. Fighting on the outside and being a defensive genius on the inside, Maidana won't be able to catch him this time and Floyd will seemingly dominate throughout the fight to win on unanimous points decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, thats true. Personally I am not too keen on watching floyd v marcos again.
Yup, thats true. Personally I am not too keen on watching floyd v marcos again.

I don't mind watching floyd dominate opponents who think they have any chance of beating him. He said at the press tour that he has an announcement to make after the fight, Khan maybe? I don't know.

But once he wins this fight, he'll have two left and it's set up perfectly for Khan on May 2nd and MAYBE Pacquiao on the 12th September next year but that's highly unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
I don't mind watching floyd dominate opponents who think they have any chance of beating him. He said at the press tour that he has an announcement to make after the fight, Khan maybe? I don't know.

But once he wins this fight, he'll have two left and it's set up perfectly for Khan on May 2nd and MAYBE Pacquiao on the 12th September next year but that's highly unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always wanted Mayweather's last contracted fight to be against Mikey Garcia, but it doesn't look like that'll happen now; Mikey's been too inactive of late. If he can have two fights at lightweight and one at light-welter within the next 10/11 months, I guess it's possible but looking like a real long-shot right now.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Always wanted Mayweather's last contracted fight to be against Mikey Garcia, but it doesn't look like that'll happen now; Mikey's been too inactive of late. If he can have two fights at lightweight and one at light-welter within the next 10/11 months, I guess it's possible but looking like a real long-shot right now.

I've always wanted a Ward vs. Mayweather but I don't at the same time ahaha I love them both
Original post by ZSHNZ
I've always wanted a Ward vs. Mayweather but I don't at the same time ahaha I love them both

I dunno man, great though Ward is, I think Mayweather would take him. The only other boxer around today that is in Mayweather's tiny little league he has all to himself skill-wise is Guillermo Rigondeaux, who is IMHO actually better than Mayweather for a few reasons.

You'll probably think me stupid, but didn't BHop recently state he'd drop weight to fight Mayweather? Or was he joshing about? That is a fight I'd like to see. Although still giving it to Floyd in the later rounds.
Ward would pummel Mayweather, he's far too big.
Original post by CB91
Ward would pummel Mayweather, he's far too big.

I don't think he is tbh, Mayweather has fought opponents who are far heavier than him, most recently being Canelo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
I don't think he is tbh, Mayweather has fought opponents who are far heavier than him, most recently being Canelo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Canelo came to the ring at what Ward weighs in at. Ward's also quite a bit taller. You sure you're not thinking of someone else? I think Ward would have too much for Floyd.
Original post by ZSHNZ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Canelo weighs 154, Ward is 168. Canelo is 5'9, Ward is 6'0. He's never fought anyone even close to Ward's size.
Original post by CB91
Canelo weighs 154, Ward is 168. Canelo is 5'9, Ward is 6'0. He's never fought anyone even close to Ward's size.

Canelo, on the night of the Lara fight was around 171 or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ

That's a good point. Canelo tends to rehydrate like a sponge.
Original post by frankieboy
That's a good point. Canelo tends to rehydrate like a sponge.

I know, he didn't really impress me against Lara though. Not as convincing of a win I thought it'd be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats an extreme for Canelo, Ward regularly hits 177/178 on fight night. Plus Ward is quicker and slicker than Canelo anyway.
Original post by CB91
Thats an extreme for Canelo, Ward regularly hits 177/178 on fight night. Plus Ward is quicker and slicker than Canelo anyway.

Agreed
Agreed

True, regardless, Ward and Floyd are both great boxers.
Original post by ZSHNZ
True, regardless, Ward and Floyd are both great boxers.

Floyd is a defensive genius, most likely he will retire undefeated
Floyd is a defensive genius, most likely he will retire undefeated

Definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only time I sleep is when I watch your fights. Don't worry, I'll go easy on you when we do fight. Yes, we WILL fight. :smile:

Scumbag. :smile:

Latest