The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beansontoast92
Anyone know if the Khan and Algieri weigh in is going to be televised or not??

Checked the BoxNation schedule and the PBC/Spike Youtube channels - nothing there. I'm sure there'll be something online though, Will post if I find anything.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Checked the BoxNation schedule and the PBC/Spike Youtube channels - nothing there. I'm sure there'll be something online though, Will post if I find anything.

I think its already started now, doesnt look likes theres anything, and thanks :smile:
Carl Frampton has got Al Haymon as an advisor but McGuigan will be his manager. This Haymon guy has something but what exactly, IDK. Would love to know.
Two things Haymon offers: money and exposure. Hopefully we get Frampton - Santa Cruz out of it.
Khan-Algieri - not staying up, even if it was Sunday morning. Too tired for a one-sided win.
I'm staying up! 2 hours to go lol

i got khan by UD
Good fight, Khan beats a very game Algieri. If Algieri had power, guy would be elite.
Reply 6267
Good fight, Khan beats a very game Algieri. If Algieri had power, guy would be elite.

I had khan 7-5. If that was brook, Thurman, maidana khan would be out of there. I saw him buckle more than once. I see a slim chance for Floyd v khan
Original post by umzz
I had khan 7-5. If that was brook, Thurman, maidana khan would be out of there. I saw him buckle more than once. I see a slim chance for Floyd v khan

Could Brook or Thurman keep up with Khan like Algieri did though? Algieri is bloody quick, even made Khan look a bit slow at times, early in the fight.
Reply 6269
Could Brook or Thurman keep up with Khan like Algieri did though? Algieri is bloody quick, even made Khan look a bit slow at times, early in the fight.

Thurman can for sure and brook capitalises on opportunities and he doesn't need to throw as many hooks as algieri did to stop khan. Mediocre performance today
After that I don't think anyone wants a khan may weather fight :rofl:
Original post by Malevolent
After that I don't think anyone wants a khan may weather fight :rofl:

Why peoples are not ready to accept : Mayweather is a ultimate fighter and he already prove it in last one decade by remain as undefeated fighter.
Anybody else find the concept of boxers calling each other out really tedious?
Will catch replay on Youtube hopefully but reading the reports it seems Khan didn't put in the outstanding performance he should have done although you attribute some credit to Algieri who caught him with some good shots. I think this might have helped Khan get Floyd: Floyd likes to see his opponents' weaknesses and if Khan was getting caught with shots then that'll be give Floyd confidence he could nab him as a fight wore on.
what time for kell brook and joshua? after 8?
Reply 6275
Original post by frozo123
what time for kell brook and joshua? after 8?

10 for aj 10.45 for brook according to eddie
Original post by umzz
10 for aj 10.45 for brook according to eddie

seriously? that's long
Masterclass from Joshua. Can't see him being stopped anytime soon.
LOOOOL Joshua is unreal.

I'd rather be hit by a freight train than him.
Khan did enough to win but Algieri caught him with some good shots. I think it might be the sort of mixed performance that might see Amir for the taking but I think Khan dropped off, mentally, before the fight. He fought excellently vs. Collazo/Alexander.

Latest